"YOU ARE THE ONE" leaked.....

BoogieWoogie

I NEED Shame and Goodbye To Innocence (alternate version)

Goodbye To Innocence (unreleased alternate demos) U.S. copyright registration# PAu-1-605-640 [/size]This is very different from the commercially released remixed version which appeared on the various artists collection "Just Say Roe" and in a further revised dub from as "The Up Down Suite" as one of the B-sides for the "Rain" single. The unreleased demo versions use the same theme and many of the same lyrics, but everything is switched around and feels much darker than the released versions. It is a different vocal recording (strong-and-clear unlike the commercial mix). Much of the song's melody is different including the chorus. The arrangement is pure pop-funk-dance, no club remix style here. Extra lyrics include the spoken line: "Goodbye to innocence, anonymity (sic), peace of mind . . . Goodbye to privacy, goodbye to all of that. Hello mankind!" The chorus is also completely different: "You know you'd better stop, stop and think about how you get your kicks, God knows I didn't ask for this - you know you'd better stop, stop and think about it, before you mess with someone else, why don't you pay attention to yourself - yourself and nobody else". Most who have heard these demos cannot understand why the song was abandoned at this stage. It is probably the strongest of the "Erotica" demos. Thge first of the GTI demos is also interesting as studio talk can be heard in the background, notably Madonna laughing and saying "You ARE!" as the song ends. The two demos are mixed and arranged differently.[/size]

I think I have that version of GTI.

Wow -it's been such a long time since we had some good leaks! Maybe the flood gates are opening again (fingers crossed!)

I kinda like this one - it's got some nice melodic touches. With a little bit of polish - this could have been quite good. I agree-her voice sounds so natural and raw here-nice to hear that.

Thanks so much for posting this - made my day :thumbsup:

Let's hope! I love hearing this stuff!!!

I agree that it's very similar to "Dear Father."

I NEED Shame and Goodbye To Innocence (alternate version)

Goodbye To Innocence (unreleased alternate demos) U.S. copyright registration# PAu-1-605-640

This is very different from the commercially released remixed version which appeared on the various artists collection "Just Say Roe" and in a further revised dub from as "The Up Down Suite" as one of the B-sides for the "Rain" single. The unreleased demo versions use the same theme and many of the same lyrics, but everything is switched around and feels much darker than the released versions. It is a different vocal recording (strong-and-clear unlike the commercial mix). Much of the song's melody is different including the chorus. The arrangement is pure pop-funk-dance, no club remix style here. Extra lyrics include the spoken line: "Goodbye to innocence, anonymity (sic), peace of mind . . . Goodbye to privacy, goodbye to all of that. Hello mankind!" The chorus is also completely different: "You know you'd better stop, stop and think about how you get your kicks, God knows I didn't ask for this - you know you'd better stop, stop and think about it, before you mess with someone else, why don't you pay attention to yourself - yourself and nobody else". Most who have heard these demos cannot understand why the song was abandoned at this stage. It is probably the strongest of the "Erotica" demos. Thge first of the GTI demos is also interesting as studio talk can be heard in the background, notably Madonna laughing and saying "You ARE!" as the song ends. The two demos are mixed and arranged differently.

There's the Straight Pass Demo:

And then there's this Final Edit Demo, still unleaked. Mymdna.com had a clip of it but I can't find it anymore. The chorus was vastly different. It sounded like a hymn.

LIVING FOR IT

IM STRAIGHT UP LOONING while I'm cleaning my place to Erotica songs and bsides

WHY DONT YOU PAY ATTENTION TO YOURSELF!!!!!

STOP

THINK ABOUT IT

There's the Straight Pass Demo:

And then there's this Final Edit Demo, still unleaked. Mymdna.com had a clip of it but I can't find it anymore. The chorus was vastly different. It sounded like a hymn.

Thank you, I totally forgot it leaked!

Doesn't sound that bad actually! The sound is quite outdated and we have lots of other M songs in the same vein - nonetheless, it's got a nice chorus and her raw vocals are great to listen to.

"dated"...? I LIVE for that "dated" sound.....

If by 'dated' you mean the sound that's currently being rehashed in the charts at the moment?

I too also love the early 90s shep / madonna work.

Thanks!!!

Yes, this sound is so early nineties, really Deee-Lite backing track.

One of things about Erotica was that it didn't sound like a lot of tracks from that period but this song is so totally of its time. I prefer Shame though.

If this isn't new, how have I never heard it before?? It's pretty bland, but hearing anything from this time period is GOLD.

It is new. A clip was leaked years ago and a fan made it into a full song (see couple of pages back for youtube vid).

Amazing we're still getting Erotica stuff again! I'm so happy!