Madonna preparing to announce an upcoming world tour?

XXL

Guest bluejean

:rotfl: @ this thread.

If she starts her tour in Australia I'll be so pissed since I don't live there anymore. But the odds are she won't :lmao:

These waiting lists mean absolutely nothing. Every tour they create one and everyone gets excited. And every tour they print articles saying "negotiations are taking place." I'm assuming either newspapers are full of shit or Australian promoters are terrible at negotiating.

I remember her being on the cover of newspapers with speculation about her coming with Sticky and Sweet. Somehow I doubt they'd put her on the cover now. People have been let down so many times they do not care. Of course, if tickets went on sale that would be a different story. But odds are that won't happen.

You just know she's gonna extort us Aussies with Dubai prices if she comes.

tumblr_mx1lvtpnnD1qzjr2jo6_250.gif

*shoots YouTube video in bathroom next year *

"Ummm you know I was going to tour Australia Okayyyy but my son will be a senior in high school and I need to stay with him. Plus in 93 I had bugs crawling up me. Sorry"

:dead:

*shoots YouTube video in bathroom next year *

"Ummm you know I was going to tour Australia Okayyyy but my son will be a senior in high school and I need to stay with him. Plus in 93 I had bugs crawling up me. Sorry"

:lmao: :lmao:

I still think she'll be in Australia this time. If she doesn't then it's over for good. But let's not give up hope yet, this time it could happen :thumbsup:

Guest bluejean

My advice to all you Australians is do NOT have hope. Expect the expected. Which is that she is NOT coming.

Then if she does go there you will be pleasantly surprised.

I think she will to go to OZ this time, she is so intelligent she knows she has to do it for her fans, making or losing money or numbers doesn't come into it. She will be there in the next 12 months, id put money on it.

I really hope the Ozzies get whet they want from the show it will be so interesting to see if she alters things for the 'non stans' and includes more hits than usual for them. Its not how she tours but you never know.

The ticket site (I don't know how reliable it is) I would take with a pinch of salt though, there are still ticket sites in the UK with waiting lists and seating maps with the S&S stage wanting you to sign up. :lol:

I have and just end up with endless emails about riverdance, shrek and Bryan Adams tickets everyday.

Well to be perfectly fair it's not like the Katy Perrys, Mileys, Beyoncès or any act in general are making any money from albums. PRISM sold 3m copies, MDNA sold 2m. MDNA was the #12 best-selling record of 2012. Prism is probably the 3rd best-selling record of 2013

That gives it some perspective, doesn't it? It's really all got down to touring, merchandising and licensing for pretty much any industry act nowadays. Katy's annual income of $50m clearly doesn't come from money generated by those 3m copies sold with her PRISM record

Completely agree!

But I wasn't talking about "money".

What I ment was that Madonna is literally ALL about her tours now, the days of album eras are over.....Perry and Beyonce that you mentioned there still have "album eras" even though the tours obviously bring home the bacon!

Madonna hasn't "fully" promoted an album like that in years and years.

Not to get into te debate of "promo", I do think te ultimate focus is her shows now more than the music.....which works if your taking about "money".....but Madonna the artist in the long run loses out.....by that I meen her "other work" which has got less and less.

But I'm NOT complaining just observing I can't wait to go to new your next year!

I don't think she's preparing to announce a tour in the near future (which means this summer or fall). I think this time we'll get the album first before any announcement.

I don't think she's preparing to announce a tour in the near future (which means this summer or fall). I think this time we'll get the album first before any announcement.

I think she will announce BOTH this fall....

Were MDNAtickets on sale BEFORE the album was released?

It's very plausible the tickets go on sale in the next month??

Especially if the tour starts in January 2015?

I do think she'll announce the tour before the album, though, just for the sake of album sales. From what I recall, the ticket/album pre-order bundle played a big role in why MDNA had such huge first week sales. I think it actually contributed north of 100k units in the US.

I do think she'll announce the tour before the album, though, just for the sake of album sales. From what I recall, the ticket/album pre-order bundle played a big role in why MDNA had such huge first week sales. I think it actually contributed north of 100k units in the US.

Your right there!

I think they will be announced simuntounsly together.

New album and new tour.

Maybe she is going to kick the tour off in Australia to make it up to the poor Aussies who have been snubbed for the past 21 years! I hope she does. They deserve it.

I do believe she's releasing early october the album and start the tour in South America or australia January or Feb. It's our summer. Then Europe for Spring and US/Canada by Summer.

I am positive that if she ends up doing Australia (at last) this time around she'll pack in a handful of Asian dates as well

Given the extraordinary circumstances 20 Australiasian gigs alone could potentially pull in a cool $150m

I so wish she made her fans living in Oceania and Asia very happy by bringing her tour there

You so deserve it for your loyalty and such a colossal wait

Don't get me excited XXL ! Last time I flew to see her for MDNA in Abu Dhabi. It was amazing ( even though it was a bad crowd ) !

If that site is any confirmation that a tour is to be announced sooner than later, I'm betting in the next 2 months for an album/single/tour announcement...which is what we've all bee saying already so yeah :lol:

I'm just anxious!!!!

It's all a tad confusing.

The album is either ready to go and she's gearing up for it's launch and therefor the tour announcement aswell...

Or it's not finished and she's going BACK to the studio to lay down MORE recording.

We are almost in August now, and IF there still recording to be done....then I doubt it will be out by Christmas....

I can't see it ring released AS late as next year....

But she hasn't been spotted in the studio for a while.

Let's not read to much into this - the Spice Girls have a "wait list" for Australia too on Ticketek's site and well Ticketmaster has had a Madonna wait list since 2008..............

Yeah there's a wait list for Madonna tickets in Baltimore too...

Stephen, everytime I hear about Baltimore, I remember wanting to go there when I saw this episode of the Cosby show so many years ago. :laugh: We were all quoting the angry Mother yelling at Vanessa for going to BALTIMORE and having big fun with the wretched. Made Baltimore sound exciting and fun.

Watch the first minute and a half to hear the scary Mother's rant and mentions of BALTIMORE. :lmao:

for all the previous madonna tours, the earliest she has ever started was in april, so i don't think she will start so early in jan or feb. earliest date should be late march or even april. the weather would still be reasonable then in australia. im guessing australia in near mid april, and then some dates in asia and middle middle east, before going on her usual north american and european legs in the next half of the year and wrapping up with south america near the end of the year.

Let's not read to much into this - the Spice Girls have a "wait list" for Australia too on Ticketek's site and well Ticketmaster has had a Madonna wait list since 2008..............

Yes I agree

I've sent an email to Gigwise to let them know about it