Gwyneth Paltrow transforms into Madonna for Max Factor

i think its a gesture to madonna by being a featured 'icon' and also having Goop try to bury the hatchet. everyone is so negative!negativenelly.jpg

lol Why is Goop so hated? Not only here, but she also gets ripped on Fashion Police or other silly shows all the time. Serious question, did I miss something (except that she is not Madonna's friend anymore and wrote a stupid nutrition book)?

Admittedly, I don't know either. Seems like we're the only ones though :lol:

Can someone forgive our blatant lack of knowledge and tell us what happened please?

She's not just despised by Madonna fans... a lot of the general public can't stand her. Take one look at her blog (and her book), and she's pretty much out of touch with the reality that most people actually have to live day in and day out. Sure, that might be expected from a celebrity, but she's way out there. Just generally out of touch, unlikeable, pretentious to the point where it's not even funny..... just basically lives in her own little universe, and thinks we all should too. With some celebs, it's cute... with Gwinny, not so cute...

Why is she not friends with Madonna anymore? I didn't know it

they fell out around the time of M's divorce, as well as the furore surrounding the head of Raising Malawi who had been embezzling and also sleeping with Tracy Anderson. GOOP is still friends with Tracy, Tracy was fired along with the Malawi guy. I also think A Rod was involved...

someone else is probably a lot clearer on the matter than I am

gwyn-485978.jpg

Goop can't capture Madonna or Audrey Hepburn at all. Ditto with Bardot. She just does not have the attitude or sex appeal of those women. The only star she can resemble is Grace Kelly although she is not as beautiful as Grace. She has the persona for Grace though.

they fell out around the time of M's divorce, as well as the furore surrounding the head of Raising Malawi who had been embezzling and also sleeping with Tracy Anderson. GOOP is still friends with Tracy, Tracy was fired along with the Malawi guy. I also think A Rod was involved...

Interesting - I didn't know Tracy Anderson got fired because of the whole Malawi debacle. I'd always wondered why they parted ways.

lol Why is Goop so hated? Not only here, but she also gets ripped on Fashion Police or other silly shows all the time. Serious question, did I miss something (except that she is not Madonna's friend anymore and wrote a stupid nutrition book)?

Zdarlight, This is just my view but I think it is fairly spot on. She annoyed a lot of people at the Oscars with her speech and fake crying. I think she could have easily overcome that as other women have made dreadful speeches and people can forgive as understand that public speaking can be tough. However, she then developed her Goop blog which is basically telling people how they should be living their lives and then listing all of her advice on what should be done to achieve this. Meanwhile ignoring that most of the stuff she is advising is unaffordable and out of reach for even middle income earners. She just now comes across as someone who is pretentious and thinks she is above people. In her interviews for magazines such as Vogue etc, she always is whiny and a know it all. Maybe that is just her image but always seems that way.

It seemed to all be over Tracy Anderson and the gym ventures. When Madonna and Tracy parted ways, Goop and Tracy started their own gyms. Goop then spent interview after interview praising Tracy and gloating about how great she had made her body. She then had several little go's at Madonna in interviews as Tracy also did. Madonna has never said a word against Gwyn so we don't know her feelings but the fact that they are never seen together at all nowadays and never photographed together when being at the same event, speaks volumes.

I just can't.

gwyneth-paltrow-transforms-into-madonna-

Gwyneth Paltrow transforms into Madonna for Max Factor new ads to celebrate its 100 Years of Glamour campaign.

Gwyneth Paltrow used Max Factor make-up to transform into “glamorous heroines from varying decades” including Madonna. The campaign aims to recreate iconic looks but with a modern twist.

Other inspirational beauties were Audrey Hepburn, Brigitte Bardot and Farrah Fawcett.

Gwyneth Paltrow transforms into Madonna of the early 80s.

http://drownedmadonna.com/gwyneth-paltrow-transforms-into-madonna-for-max-factor-80s/20140701

She has zero sex appeal and looks like an ugly drag queen.

She's not just despised by Madonna fans... a lot of the general public can't stand her. Take one look at her blog (and her book), and she's pretty much out of touch with the reality that most people actually have to live day in and day out. Sure, that might be expected from a celebrity, but she's way out there. Just generally out of touch, unlikeable, pretentious to the point where it's not even funny..... just basically lives in her own little universe, and thinks we all should too. With some celebs, it's cute... with Gwinny, not so cute...

VogueMusic, I did not see this before I posted. You have summed it up perfectly. :thumbsup:

Guest Pud Whacker

i think its a gesture to madonna by being a featured 'icon' and also having Goop try to bury the hatchet. everyone is so negative!negativenelly.jpg

I love Nellie. I love little house on the prairie. Xo

Guest Pud Whacker

gwyn-485978.jpg

Goop can't capture Madonna or Audrey Hepburn at all. Ditto with Bardot. She just does not have the attitude or sex appeal of those women. The only star she can resemble is Grace Kelly although she is not as beautiful as Grace. She has the persona for Grace though.

Love her in Sylvia. Love her in the royal tennenbaums. Love her in the talented mr ripley.

However...

so vacant and awful otherwise.

My favourite Goop movie is Sliding doors. I like the whole concept of how life could be so totally different if just one moment changed like it was in the movie by either catching or missing a train. Agree with Pud about the Royal Tennerbaums and the Talented Mr Ripley. She can act but has to have the right role.

Madonna was a beautiful Max Factor model herself once. The difference between Goop and Madonna is evident when comparing their adverts for Max Factor. Goop looks nothing like Madonna either.

max.jpg

MMAX01.jpg

I thought Madonna's max factor shoot could have been better. Madonna looked so freaking hot in beautiful stranger then this!!

Guest whatatramp

omg I didn't know about this, so that's how she started those gyms :think:

Zdarlight, This is just my view but I think it is fairly spot on. She annoyed a lot of people at the Oscars with her speech and fake crying. I think she could have easily overcome that as other women have made dreadful speeches and people can forgive as understand that public speaking can be tough. However, she then developed her Goop blog which is basically telling people how they should be living their lives and then listing all of her advice on what should be done to achieve this. Meanwhile ignoring that most of the stuff she is advising is unaffordable and out of reach for even middle income earners. She just now comes across as someone who is pretentious and thinks she is above people. In her interviews for magazines such as Vogue etc, she always is whiny and a know it all. Maybe that is just her image but always seems that way.

It seemed to all be over Tracy Anderson and the gym ventures. When Madonna and Tracy parted ways, Goop and Tracy started their own gyms. Goop then spent interview after interview praising Tracy and gloating about how great she had made her body. She then had several little go's at Madonna in interviews as Tracy also did. Madonna has never said a word against Gwyn so we don't know her feelings but the fact that they are never seen together at all nowadays and never photographed together when being at the same event, speaks volumes.

add to that the whole malawi issue. one of the people who handled the finances (or was in charge of the whole thing, not sure exactly) basically stole millions of dollars of madonna's donated money (and that of fans, I assume..) turns out the guy is in a relationship with tracy anderson. madonna fires them both. it was the same time. it's quite telling that goop now works with someone whose partner stole money from a charity. actually a lot of celebs (including youknowwho) worked with tracy, presumably knowing (if they do their research, it's online everywhere. tracy is also known as a con artist) just how horrible these people are. (literally stealing money meant for saving people in poverty in the poorest country in the world.. how low can you get really?)

I truly think that the whole David adoption and media slaughter she received was a good indicator of who were her real friends for Madonna. After that her whole life and entourage changed. I'm pretty sure that was the final nail in the coffin of her marriage to Guy and the lack of public support she received from some of her friends was pretty telling then there was the whole A-Rod thing that no one except in the US cared about + her divorce. The rumour surrounding Gwyneth & Madonna fall out is that Chris Martin has been cheating on her many times and Madonna urged her to divorce and go back to the US with her.