Transgression: The Best Section of a Madonna Tour Ever?

Skin

267663_296634467112347_1316066013_n.jpg

For me. Yes.

The whole section is simply epic as hell.

From the beautifully eerie cult like opening, leading to one of her best performances ever with GGW, to the awesomely choreographed and fierce as hell performance of Revolver which I think turned many haters of this song into lovers of it, to the violent splatter fest grindhouse inspired Gang Bang performance, to the cock tease version of Papa Don't Preach, to the slack lining demonic Hung Up ritual, to her strutting her hot stuff rocking out with her guitar to I Don't Give A, ending it being raised up on a platform reaching up to a huge cross which was such a powerful and gut wrenching image with the light shining down on her.....

Everything about it. Mind blowing. Don't think any pop star out there today could ever conceive such a section for one of their tours, or execute it as perfectly as Madonna did.

I used to debate in my head which was better. This or the Like a Virgin-Papa Don't Preach section of Blond Ambition, but after letting it sink it, Transgression takes the cake for me.

slide-Madonna-MDNA-tour-stage-set-up-a-7

Girl%2BGone%2BWild%2BMDNA%2BTour%2B2012.

7422513954_bf1e4ccda8_z.jpg

mdna+tour+gang+bang.jpeg

tumblr_m5qljqeEpF1qi0ofuo1_500.gif

Hell to the fucking yes!!!

Quite possibly my favorite opening act of a Madonna tour. Ever.

It's like a mini-movie. The scale of it is so cinematic. I can't see anybody else pulling off anything like this...and if they did, they'd fail.

It just screams quintessential Madonna - M.D.N.A.

The whole essence of the MDNA era reminds me of that Jonathon Ross interview during the Erotica era, where she talks about ageism and sexuality, and people complaining about who she is and what she does - "oh god, I hope she's still not doing that years from now." "So what if I am."

My fear is that It was to perfect! Will she out do this on the next tour? I can't imagine her performing Gang bang again (How else could she preform it?) unless it was an intrude. She needs to keep working with moment factory!!

No ! Hell, no !

I Like it but too much lip-synch and this terrible version of Hung Up:

It can't be the best section ever from a Madonna tour !

It's good though and perfect to open the MDNA tour !!

267663_296634467112347_1316066013_n.jpg

For me. Yes.

The whole section is simply epic as hell.

From the beautifully eerie cult like opening, leading to one of her best performances ever with GGW, to the awesomely choreographed and fierce as hell performance of Revolver which I think turned many haters of this song into lovers of it, to the violent splatter fest grindhouse inspired Gang Bang performance, to the cock tease version of Papa Don't Preach, to the slack lining demonic Hung Up ritual, to her strutting her hot stuff rocking out with her guitar to I Don't Give A, ending it being raised up on a platform reaching up to a huge cross which was such a powerful and gut wrenching image with the light shining down on her.....

Everything about it. Mind blowing. Don't think any pop star out there today could ever conceive such a section for one of their tours, or execute it as perfectly as Madonna did.

I used to debate in my head which was better. This or the Like a Virgin-Papa Don't Preach section of Blond Ambition, but after letting it sink it, Transgression takes the cake for me.

slide-Madonna-MDNA-tour-stage-set-up-a-7

Girl%2BGone%2BWild%2BMDNA%2BTour%2B2012.

7422513954_bf1e4ccda8_z.jpg

mdna+tour+gang+bang.jpeg

tumblr_m5qljqeEpF1qi0ofuo1_500.gif

Exactly.

I can't choose between this and Like a virgin - Papa don't preach from BAT, but really, this woman has no rivals....and after more than 30 years, she's still capable of outdoing herself like that, it's just incredible, SHE IS INCREDIBLE.

I really like several other performers out there, but to me SHE IS THE BEST PERFORMER EVER. GENIUS.

Edited by Vogue992

Guest ditaluver

im going to say no

this segment turned me off and i skip it a lot

too dark for my taste

now the LAV-LAP-LTT-OF-PDP

from BAT is the best segment ever

This segment is life! From beginning to end! Live, it gives you chills, it's so good! This and the Masculine/Feminine section, also very theatrical, are my favorite parts from MDNAT.

And FYC the Geisha segment in DWT is the best one of her career imo.

It would be a perfect section if it wasn't for Hung Up, which greatly ruins the section as a whole. Plus I have always had a feeling that the other sections had to pay for the energy that was put into Transgression. Even though visually I really like the Masculine/Feminine section, it feels like there was a lack of time to plan and rehearse everything after IDGA. The lip-synching also takes away from the greatness of the section, but at the end of the day it is one of M's bests.

Yes oh Yes! Totally agree. This MDNA section is the best ever. Only the Queen!

My personal faves, in no particular order:

Geisha from Drowned World Tour

Studio 54 from Girlie Show

Marie Antoinette & Militar from Re-Invention

Gypsy from Sticky & Sweet

Metropolis & Church from Blond Ambition

Disco from Confessions

Transgression from MDNA

Aside from the majorette section of MDNA, this is the only section I can watch on repeat. I think it's one of her best. It's hard to pick the absolute best though. I loved the mutilated Hung Up. And this made me love the Revolver song. Don't fuck with the Queeeeen!

I love the Hung Up remix!!! It's fascinating to watch on a big, big screen and crank at top volume on a good stereo.

Sure it doesn't make much sense in the section and comes at the expense of a full PDP, I still love it and everything about it.

GGW is her best opening since the seminal, trail blazing and epic Express Yourself from BA. Revolver is fantastic but I would have preferred a wicked dance remix to keep the flow going from GGW into Revolver and then to Gang Bang.

The performance of IDGA gave us all a new appreciation of the track and that finale under the cross is once again, one of her best moments ever from one of her tours.

I don't care much for the Best Friend interlude and never really have.

Act 2 from Blond Ambition remains her most epic section of a tour (and of any tour period). But this one was pretty strong.

tumblr_lnk8k2uVkA1qezxsoo1_500.gif

tumblr_mdo57z6gr81rpxxlmo1_500.gif

madonna-like-a-prayer-o.gif

tumblr_mdt21ph7Qc1qi0ofuo1_500.gif

Edited by mnino

im going to say no

too dark for my taste

Sing it! :madonna2:

im going to say no

too dark for my taste

Ain't it just, that was the first thing I thought of with tour sections which I don't often follow.

Hell no.

It's better than any segment on S&S. :1251: Except maybe Old School, but then again, Borderline. :1251:

Anyway, I stan for Masculine/Feminine more. The transitions from Justify My Love to Vogue, Vogue to Candy Shop, from Candy Shop to Human Nature, Human Nature to Like A Virgin, and Like A Virgin to Love Spent are PERFECTION. The song selection is ICONIC (real classics). The reimagined caged cone bra strip tease to her almost naked body at 53 singing about being like a virgin, I DIE. :dramatic: NOT TO MENTION HER POPPIN HER TITTIES OUT HERE.

And she has never looked HOTTER. Whew!

tumblr_ms69tn42jE1sgzjtjo1_500.gif

It's better than any segment on S&S. :1251: Except maybe Old School, but then again, Borderline. :1251:

Anyway, I stan for Masculine/Feminine more. The transitions from Justify My Love to Vogue, Vogue to Candy Shop, from Candy Shop to Human Nature, Human Nature to Like A Virgin, and Like A Virgin to Love Spent are PERFECTION. The song selection is ICONIC (real classics). The reimagined caged cone bra strip tease to her almost naked body at 53 singing about being like a virgin, I DIE. :dramatic: NOT TO MENTION HER POPPIN HER TITTIES OUT HERE.

Yes!!!

My other favorite act of the show. Perfection.

Fuck yeah!

tumblr_m6huot203I1qltoc4o1_500.gif

If you say so...

tumblr_n6an4nNUBB1tayytuo1_r1_500.gif