Transgression: The Best Section of a Madonna Tour Ever?

Skin

It's better than any segment on S&S. :1251: Except maybe Old School, but then again, Borderline. :1251:

Anyway, I stan for Masculine/Feminine more. The transitions from Justify My Love to Vogue, Vogue to Candy Shop, from Candy Shop to Human Nature, Human Nature to Like A Virgin, and Like A Virgin to Love Spent are PERFECTION. The song selection is ICONIC (real classics). The reimagined caged cone bra strip tease to her almost naked body at 53 singing about being like a virgin, I DIE. :dramatic: NOT TO MENTION HER POPPIN HER TITTIES OUT HERE.

And she has never looked HOTTER. Whew!

tumblr_ms69tn42jE1sgzjtjo1_500.gif

I agree!

tumblr_mdzti9Jm8a1roumcho1_500.gif

Papa Don't Preach, though short, was the highlight of that section for me.

Isaac you are killing me with your opinions in this thread.

pththt.gif

Is it because the section is very violent and dark?

I can see why people would be turned off by that (even though they should still have to admit how perfectly executed it all is) but I have always been drawn to dark shit in terms of visuals and stuff, so I guess thats another big reason I love it so much.

Is it because the section is very violent and dark?

Yes; the religious imagery, the blood, the AK-47's... all visually striking and totally bad-ass, just not my cup of tea. Don't get me wrong, I love seeing her aggressive side, but moreso in that playfully raunchy kinda way. Transgression (and most of the MDNA Experience itself) was a bit too serious for me. I wanted more of the majorette section TBH! I'm a FUNdonna fan at heart:

The Old School Section in S&S.

The Breathless section in BAT.

The Disco section in GS.

BUT BACK ON TOPIC

UGH. :wow:

Yes; the religious imagery, the blood, the AK-47's... all visually striking and totally bad-ass, just not my cup of tea. Don't get me wrong, I love seeing her aggressive side, but moreso in that playfully raunchy kinda way. Transgression (and most of the MDNA Experience itself) was a bit too serious for me. I wanted more of the majorette section TBH! I'm a FUNdonna fan at heart:

The Old School Section in S&S.

The Breathless section in BAT.

The Disco section in GS.

BUT BACK ON TOPIC

UGH. :wow:

I still say that without a doubt the majorette section needed another song and I would have picked Causing a Commotion.

I still say that without a doubt the majorette section needed another song and I would have picked Causing a Commotion.

and 4 minutes, obviously !

the Majorette section was simply awful

I don't mean to sound mean lol but Madonna should not be wearing skirts, they just don't suit her, I'm not particulary fond of the Superbowl skirt as well (as others here too who probably will remain silent)

I don't mean to sound mean lol but Madonna should not be wearing skirts, they just don't suit her, I'm not particulary fond of the Superbowl skirt as well (as others here too who probably will remain silent)

?

Madonna shouldn't wear skirts? She looked phenomenal at the Super Bowl - sexy, tall, young, and totally appropriate for the occasion.

showbiz_madonna_super_bowl_gallery_7.jpg

Know some fans were not into majorette & people were definitely criticizing M online for wearing the cheerleading outfit. I did not think M looked bad at all!

It was a great section because of the gaga reference & she made one of her least liked singles into an amazing performance.

The majorette section is my most favorite from mdna. Sometimes I skip Gangbang. It's too long. I skip Open Your Heart too, and that speech. I do not like JML mix and VOgue and LAV. I am not fond of Like A Sinner and Celebration ending underwhelmed me. So go majorette section. :lol:

I honestly don't get what the big deal was with her wearing a cheerleading outfit, and why so many people had daggers to throw at her because of it.

Usually you can foresee the kind of hate Madonna is going to get when she first does something that you know will be red meat for haters....But this is something I still scratch my head over.

267663_296634467112347_1316066013_n.jpg

For me. Yes.

The whole section is simply epic as hell.

From the beautifully eerie cult like opening, leading to one of her best performances ever with GGW, to the awesomely choreographed and fierce as hell performance of Revolver which I think turned many haters of this song into lovers of it, to the violent splatter fest grindhouse inspired Gang Bang performance, to the cock tease version of Papa Don't Preach, to the slack lining demonic Hung Up ritual, to her strutting her hot stuff rocking out with her guitar to I Don't Give A, ending it being raised up on a platform reaching up to a huge cross which was such a powerful and gut wrenching image with the light shining down on her.....

Everything about it. Mind blowing. Don't think any pop star out there today could ever conceive such a section for one of their tours, or execute it as perfectly as Madonna did.

I used to debate in my head which was better. This or the Like a Virgin-Papa Don't Preach section of Blond Ambition, but after letting it sink it, Transgression takes the cake for me.

slide-Madonna-MDNA-tour-stage-set-up-a-7

Girl%2BGone%2BWild%2BMDNA%2BTour%2B2012.

7422513954_bf1e4ccda8_z.jpg

mdna+tour+gang+bang.jpeg

tumblr_m5qljqeEpF1qi0ofuo1_500.gif

The opening of MDNA is perfect but i skip Revolver all the time ,it can't be saved ,the song is atrocious

The majorette section is my most favorite from mdna. Sometimes I skip Gangbang. It's too long. I skip Open Your Heart too, and that speech. I do not like JML mix and VOgue and LAV. I am not fond of Like A Sinner and Celebration ending underwhelmed me. So go majorette section. :lol:

tumblr_n72aboPrwk1r317bvo1_500.gif

Transgression has the coolest look ever, and the best visuals ever. But my favorite segment from MDNA tour is the Masculine/Feminine, which had a great raw quality. It's too hard to pick a best segment ever though...

My personal faves, in no particular order:

Geisha from Drowned World Tour

Studio 54 from Girlie Show

Marie Antoinette & Militar from Re-Invention

Gypsy from Sticky & Sweet

Metropolis & Church from Blond Ambition

Disco from Confessions

Transgression from MDNA

+100000 :Disco_Ball:

Guest CzarnaWisnia

I'd say as a video performance it's rather great but as a musical experience, it's very overrated.

I'd say as a video performance it's rather great but as a musical experience, it's very overrated.

+1

I was pretty underwhelmed by MDNA Tour, and that largely comes from Transgression being a weak opening set. It was visually stunning, but awful otherwise. "Girl Gone Wild" and "Revolver" are two of the Queen career lows and her live renditions did not give them the kick they needed, "Hung Up" was butchered, and "Papa Don't Preach" was cut tragically short.

When "I Don't Give A" is part of your set highlights, you've done something very, very wrong.

Absolutely not!

All the violence, too dark and agressive, no matter how benicial to the "story" .A reflection of society though.

A quarter of the audience are usually hardcore fans who might "get" what she tries to say but the average audiencemember does not think further so everyone I knew who went to MDNA where turned off by the first act.

Guest L4jo1e

it was simply epic. One of the best act of Madonna's entire career. It was dark, choreographed, violent, religious, acrobatic, etc. And that final of I Don't Give A.. man that was insane!

Edited by L4jo1e