New album discussion: VENI VIDI VICI. Recording sessions possibly complete?

Why is when people don't like something they ASSUME that Madonna didn't put any effort into it.

Cause it's Madonna and they need to relate to it. Same will happen IF the next album explodes and has old promo and great videos...the ones that said "it really seems like she's into it..." Blah blah blah will brag about it.

Personally, I think, she's always into it wholeheartedly which is one reason I love her so much. It's just a trait she has to be extremely particular and focused on any project. Sometimes the public doesn't get it for SO many different possible reasons and sometimes it works. Some worked because they truly were magical.

I'm not sure we're going to get that this time around but I do think it will be a bit more appreciated than the last two. It seems to happen in waves...every 2-3 albums or so.

I like MDNA and even if I felt it was way too spread in terms of sound, I never got the feeling M rushed it or wasn't really into it. Sure, it didn't have a cohesive sound or theme to it but there are so many M songs there that really fit her.

Maybe years ago it was just indie and rock bands headlining. Now pop artists can headline, Beyoncé etc. So I'm sure Madonna is now on top of his wish list, maybe.

We're only talking five or six years ago and it's not been an indie rock gig for many years before he made the comment so no, I doubt she is top of his wish list as I think we would have heard. He may change his mind but I've yet to hear her name ever be more than a rumour.

Let's not forget all the pressure about the Super Bowl.. that's why we had tracks like GAYL. I don't think she was truly inspired or be in the moment during the whole MDNA process. She was super commited with other projects. She was still editing W.E. and recording the album. Also, the pressure of writing a song for the W.E. soundtrack. You can feel how the mood is drastically changing mid process in the album.. it did damage the whole MDNA vibe.

I was just gonna say the same thing. She spent so much time and money on W.E. it's insane. If she would have instead made short films to her songs and spent the rest of the energy making the album better, it would have been the best musical project she had ever done!!!

Cut to album 14's release and y'all will be saying the same thing about this album with your "She seems more into the process for Album 14 than Album 13," "Album 13 was rushed," "Album 13 was a contractual obligation/she made it to tour" nonsense, while saying "MDNA wasn't so bad after all."

Virtually everything that she's shared with us about the album are the same sorts of things she would have posted about in 2012 had she been on Instagram during MDNA. There's nothing wrong with being excited; in fact, I'm glad everyone is. But just because you weren't into the last album doesn't mean she wasn't too.

PREACH!!!

Omg you guys. MDNA is a great album. No one is saying it's terrible or something. Every fan has different tastes. I personally LOVE American Life because of raw voice, clear modern sound, guitar and amazing thought provoking lyrics. I don't like MDNA because of a lot of cheese and no theme... but that's just my opinion.

What some of us here are saying is that the fact is, Madonna was busy with W.E. and other projects while also working on an album. NOW she is not busy with anything BUT the new album. Which suggests that ALL her energy is 100% devoted to music. You don't have to have a high IQ to understand this simple concept. C'mon people, seriously...

One more thing... she didn't even promote MDNA much. She did one interview to promote on some facebook thing. Most of her interviews revolved around W.E.

39F7D4F1-8A8C-4B24-A52F-367E659F4CDA.jpg

:wow:

Wow ! I need this NOW !!!!

Omg you guys. MDNA is a great album. No one is saying it's terrible or something. Every fan has different tastes. I personally LOVE American Life because of raw voice, clear modern sound, guitar and amazing thought provoking lyrics. I don't like MDNA because of a lot of cheese and no theme... but that's just my opinion.

What some of us here are saying is that the fact is, Madonna was busy with W.E. and other projects while also working on an album. NOW she is not busy with anything BUT the new album. Which suggests that ALL her energy is 100% devoted to music. You don't have to have a high IQ to understand this simple concept. C'mon people, seriously...

That's not what some of you here are saying. Some people are saying that it was a rushed job that Madonna only did to satisfy contractual obligations and that she did not care to make it. You don't have to have a high IQ to understand that some of us are arguing against the idea that because she "rushed" it, she doesn't care for it or that she didn't make an album she didn't want to make. They're different arguments, different points.

Anyways....

Back to positive vibes.

M can't spell ratchet :lmao: bloody love her

I noticed that too :p she misspells a lot of words actually lol I think it's cute. It's as if she tries to type out whatever she's thinking real fast before she gets destructed with something else :D

Ratchit Ratchet Ratchit Ratchet Bitch I'm Madonna!

I wonder if she called Diplo a bitch. That's fucking hilarious! May be he's giving her a hard time and they're just having too much fun with each other. Mozella better not be singing!! Wear them gloves and write some lyrics... quietly!

Guest Rachelle of London

I noticed that too :p she misspells a lot of words actually lol I think it's cute. It's as if she tries to type out whatever she's thinking real fast before she gets destructed with something else :D

It's so cute isn't it. I also think she's victim to autocorrect aswell.

Cut to album 14's release and y'all will be saying the same thing about this album with your "She seems more into the process for Album 14 than Album 13," "Album 13 was rushed," "Album 13 was a contractual obligation/she made it to tour" nonsense, while saying "MDNA wasn't so bad after all."

Virtually everything that she's shared with us about the album are the same sorts of things she would have posted about in 2012 had she been on Instagram during MDNA. There's nothing wrong with being excited; in fact, I'm glad everyone is. But just because you weren't into the last album doesn't mean she wasn't too.

:sassy: Yep. :clap:

Apologist.

I think you mean REALIST.

The irony of this post.

I wonder if she called Diplo a bitch. That's fucking hilarious! May be he's giving her a hard time and they're just having too much fun with each other. Mozella better not be singing!! Wear them gloves and write some lyrics... quietly!

She's putting the Instagram queens who corrected her spelling of ratchet back in their place. Not Diplo.

Ok so I know Madonna and Diplo had talked about each other before this so I did a search and here's what I found:

March 23 2012:

Diplo:

...Elsewhere, the producer was also asked about M.I.A.'s now notorious one fingered salute at the Superbowl.

Source: http://www.clashmusic.com/news/diplo-reflects-on-mia

Jan 20 2014:

Diplo posted this pic to his facebook with the caption 'Amen'

1609813_10152141300139337_524682097_n.pn

March 11 2014:

Diplo

Source: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/the-clash-and-diplo-talk-unlikely-hero-collaboration-20140310#ixzz2vfWcb0K9

February 3rd 2012:

tumblr_lytrd76xxH1qj1m78o1_500.png

Source: http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/66266140.html

Then we can ALL be really happy, because if Diplo thinks that GMAYL was shit, then he will do a better track for sure! I would be worried if the person she's working with thought that GMAYL was a good track :laugh:

Then we can ALL be really happy, because if Diplo thinks that GMAYL was shit, then he will do a better track for sure! I would be worried if the person she's working with thought that GMAYL was a good track :laugh:

OMG you are going to start another debate whether GMAYL was a worldwide smash ( complete with sale/radio figures and pie chart ) . :laugh: :laugh: