Madonna's personal stylists

Favourite Madonna personal's stylist  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favourite personal stylist ?

• Ariane Phillips
    • Bea Akerlund
    • Maripol
    • Lori Goldstein
    • Marlene Stewart

Marlene Stewart from 1985 to 1993.

They met during the Material Girl photoshoot. She used to make the clothes for Madonna herself like the horrible "True Blue" video costume,The faux Gaultier bustier in Open your heart (later he told her when they first met in 1987 during the WTG tour stop in Paris that she should have asked him for the real thing instead) the whole Virgin Tour & Who's that girl tour costumes, the "You can dance" bullfighter outfit, the polka dots costume on Blond Ambition, Dangerous games/Snake eyes was their last collaboration together.

the_costume_designer_501.jpg

Lori Goldstein

they met through Steven Meisel, she most famously chose the costumes (by Galliano for Dior) for the Take a bow video

lori_goldstein_mario_and_Madonna.jpg

Bea Akerlund

Wife of Jonas

2ac43ff4_07f0_11e3_83f1_0025b511229e.png

Ariane Phillips

She met her when she was Courtney Love's stylist in 97. When she picks clothes she's excellent and has good taste but when she makes them herself they are questionable IMO : The Army gear + tartan of the RIT, the "Joan of ark" costumes of the last segment (rave) of the Sticky & Sweet tour.....

arianne20phillips20and20madonna.jpg

Maripol

They famously met at the Danceteria or Mudd club when Maripol asked her if she ahd a nice bra on. they became friends, she styled the finally shelved first album cover made by her husband Edo Bertoglio, most famously she styled the whole Like a virgin album cover and MTV awards performance.

2005_madonna_maripol_Lotsa_de_Casha_3.jp

Not featuring are stylist for a special project only like Milena Canonero for Dick Tracy or Brigitte Echols for the Secret video.

My favourite is Ariane Phillips with a special tenderness for Maripol. Who is yours ?

Guest Sweet Tooth

Her stylists from 83-96. She took much more risk fashion-wise. Ariane plays it safe most of the time imo.

The Joan of Arc costume is amazing first of all....

But I'm gonna have to go with Bea. She's wild. I love the Jump video look. I love the Celebration video look. I love the Superbowl look. Didn't she do GMAYL too? Either way, she's great!

But I love Ariane too! Didn't she style M throughout the whole COADf promotional tour? Fantastique stuff!

I'm going to go with Bea Akerlund. The Superbowl was a work of art. The latest Harpers Bazaar photoshoot was genius. Also, celebration, hard candy, sorry...

I like Arianne Phillips...but I wouldn't say she's a favorite. Her movie costumes are amazing. Her tour costumes are hit and miss.

I want to see B. Akerlund style a whole Madonna tour.

Guest Not4Pussies

The Joan of Arc costume is amazing first of all....

But I'm gonna have to go with Bea. She's wild. I love the Jump video look. I love the Celebration video look. I love the Superbowl look. Didn't she do GMAYL too? Either way, she's great!

But I love Ariane too! Didn't she style M throughout the whole COADf promotional tour? Fantastique stuff!

Nope. Gmayl was arianne. sorry and jump were B akerlund.

I chose Lori because TAB is one of my all time favourite Madonna's videos and I think one of her most stylish.

I'm not that keen on Ariane Phillips . I hated those ' costumes ' she made for SS ( those 4 minutes ill fitting MC Hammer pants / breast plate thingy ) and

the cheap looking outfits for MDNA ( Cheerleader /Joan of Arc. - sketches looked wonderful. Real things - not so much ) .

The chick who made / styled that mtv vogue costume. That pretty much shits on everything aside from Jean Paul :)

The tour costumes from confessions onwards have been pretty boring and too safe, hence why none of them have gone down in history like the conical bra. She really does need to get back to stylists who are willing to be more daring and sassy, not like they shop at H & M.

LORI GOLDSTEIN NO CONTEST!

-MTV AWARDS 1995 in GUCCI!!!!

-Human Nature.

-Take a Bow.

-Bedtime Story

-Versace ads

-Bedtime Story performance UK

-Evita Premiere LA

Guest Not4Pussies

Madonnas style was the best in the 90s so Lori for sure. Madonna in the 90s fashion wise is what rihanna does now. Always changing up her look.

I could never favour one over the other but I am particularly fond of the organic and interactive nature of Maripol's collaboration with Madonna. It was flawless in its simplicity, eccentricity, individuality and accessibility. :wow: I have to say though that this one from Marlene is very possibly my favourite stage outfit EVER! :inlove:

madonna5.jpg

^I have never been a fan of that look. It reads very dated and kinda tacky in my eyes.

I would go with Bea for the Super Bowl alone. Everything else she's done is extra.

^I have never been a fan of that look. It reads very dated and kinda tacky in my eyes.

I would go with Bea for the Super Bowl alone. Everything else she's done is extra.

Darling that's why it's so amazing.

Madonna%201990.jpg

The chick who made / styled that mtv vogue costume. That pretty much shits on everything aside from Jean Paul :)

wasn't that one of Glenn Close's gowns from Dangerous Liasons?

Bildschirmfoto+2011-12-08+um+20.10.34.pn