Madonna's personal stylists

Favourite Madonna personal's stylist  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favourite personal stylist ?

• Ariane Phillips
    • Bea Akerlund
    • Maripol
    • Lori Goldstein
    • Marlene Stewart

GREAT idea for a thread Popeline! :kiss2:

Difficult choice...

I like the stuff from every era, also the more recent Bea Akerlund stuff.

Two things:

- I LOVE the True Blue outfit. Have some of my most magical M memories from that video :inlove:

- I thought Maripol not only asked M if she was wearing a nice bra, but that she subsequently also asked M to take of her shirt and dance in her bra *only*? I may recall this incorrectly....

Thank you all for the support and kuddos.

Maybe i was too harsh on that True Blue costume since it's iconic and all but i personally never liked it but i may be biased due to what i think was an awful hairdo and make-up (Was it Debi Mazar's ?).

You recall well tumbleweedt, she asked her to take her shirt off to dance with Fab Five Freddy ( speaking of early 80's downtown fun, i heard lately that Madonna did some back up dancing for Klaus Nomi with Haring and Martin Burgoyne at Club 57).

I completly forgot to praise Lori Goldstein, she still kicks ass and regularly posts pics of Queen M as she calls her on Twitter. The Evita premiere was everything. Out of all her stylists she's definitely the more classic Hollywood glamour.

I don't know about Bea Akerlund but both Marlene and Arianne did their shopping in thrift shops where they buy one of a kind pieces then they remake them.

I want those Jeremy Scott + Adidas musical note track pants. I just don't wanna pay £170 for them.

there's a slew of track pants i want from him, but i agree. i think id rather glue on the stars myself...

adidas-jeremy-first-star-1.jpg

wasn't that one of Glenn Close's gowns from Dangerous Liasons?

Bildschirmfoto+2011-12-08+um+20.10.34.pn

Never knew that :) that just makes it even more iconic, knowing two queens have had the pleasure of wearing it and are the same size :)

Whoever styled her English Roses and English Manor look, has to be fired!

Never knew that :) that just makes it even more iconic, knowing two queens have had the pleasure of wearing it and are the same size :)

Whoever styled her English Roses and English Manor look, has to be fired!

I loved some of the 'Lady of the Manor' looks. This is a little much, with Guy in matching tweed and the detail on the skirt, but she looks sensational.

2004.jpg

• 1 year later...
Guest Pud Whacker

Marlene Stewart.

I can't stand Maripol.

:rotfl:

I hate to talk shit but Maripol just threw on on braceletts. And then shot a polaroid.

:rotfl:

I hate to talk shit but Maripol just threw on on braceletts. And then shot a polaroid.

I hate how she's always popping up on those Madonna portrait shows, being all like "I made Madonna happen"

Bitch, Madonna made your bracelets happen, not the other way around. She's not the one being interviewed about you every other day.

that was Madonna's assistant missy in 92

Do you mean Melissa Crow? That girl in the video does not appear to be Melissa. This is Melissa - although this was taken in 1986 and that video 1992, I don't think she changed that much.

melissa_madonna_08.jpg

Edited by Idlerwheel

That woman looks a lot like Enya.

Madonnas was at a Versace fashion show if I remember well so it's very possible she was sitting right next to another celebrity not necessarily a friend or a stylist of hers.

That woman looks a lot like Enya.

Madonnas was at a Versace fashion show if I remember well so it's very possible she was sitting right next to another celebrity not necessarily a friend or a stylist of hers.

She does a bit. She was seen with M several times in 92 and 93. Maybe 91 - not sure.