Remember when the extra footage leaked from Vogue and La Isla videos?

Bill

Oh my gosh! Almost all of this is alternative shots -- so much gorgeousness and glamour! Love it all.

I know that alternate look with the different hair and heavier make-up must be out there in full -- I've seen it in a remix video a couple times. [in Lucy O'Brien's book the director talks about how she made a bit of a mistake about all that -- how she should have communicated better with Madonna about that. She was just ... I don't know, kind of new to it all and the day of the shoot came and Madonna's team were just in full effect and she didn't feel confident enough to say something. They did the first take or so and there was some tension -- finally McDaniel owned up to her feelings about Madonna's look, and ... they went and changed it all, although she did say Madonna was a little irritated about that, since it caused delays in the shoot to go back and fix hair and make-up. But you wouldn't be able to tell looking at the final product, especially this reel. She's smiling and laughing in so many shots. She really looked happy, even if it was just for the camera.]

(Only minor disappointment: Pauley Perrette -- sp? -- doesn't seem to appear in this alternative edit, as she does in the original/official. She's consistently been a vocal Madonna fan/supporter -- and continued to be so when she was the official social media correspondent backstage for CBS at the Grammys this year. She even mentioned how much she loved Madonna and how she appeared in the "Secret" video all those years ago. Sweet.)

It's just a recut i made using the dan o rama remix video and some extra footage from the GHV2 megamix and a leak by NYCBOY

Good job! :thumbsup:

I so want for the other footage to leak someday. Does anyone know in which remix video there is this one shot of her walking with the dumped makeup and hair???... It's driving me crazy!

is this the alternative make-up and hair that had to be changed? I don't see this in the released video.

Yes. The clips of this look surfaced in the dan-o-rama remix of Music and GHV2 videos I think.

Although I prefer how she looks in the released version, I think this hair would have worked well in the context of video - it makes her look more in keeping with the poor district she's hanging around in.

Does anyone remember the MTV News clip from 1992 where Kurt Loder was talking about the premiere of the TUTBMP video, and they showed a clip of it? It was just her, singing in the field, with the black dress. Not set in the album, just a full screen shot of her singing. It was probably the entire first verse, that they showed. Wish I could find it!!

Beginning at :31

Does anyone remember the MTV News clip from 1992 where Kurt Loder was talking about the premiere of the TUTBMP video, and they showed a clip of it? It was just her, singing in the field, with the black dress. Not set in the album, just a full screen shot of her singing. It was probably the entire first verse, that they showed. Wish I could find it!!

Beginning at :31

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1j8m2p_this-used-to-be-unedited-clip_shortfilms

I finally found the other shot I was looking for and made these! It was in another danorama ghv2 mix :wow:

Yes, that's it -- thanks! (Sorry I didn't answer your question earlier -- I wasn't online earlier today. Could've researched this and got back to you...) But thanks for the gifs, and thanks to Scrapple for the color pics on the set.

Whatever happened to Dan-o-Rama anyway?! I remember around DWT time there were rumors we were going to get a remix video DVD from him. At that time, I was so excited to get something like the "Music" backdrops. Now that we have all the YouTube videos available, it seems less necessary, I suppose. Still, his access to outtakes and rare footage would make it worth it. I don't know whatever happened to him. Madonna really respected him, supposedly, too -- which explains why she trusted him with all of that precious material. I think she likened his talent to a 'choreographer of images' or something like that. I remember thinking it was an interesting description.

I know this is a "little off-topic" but now I'm ripping my old VHS and I found that some of the videos have different edition for the ones that were released on the compilations. I found those different editions on the VH-1 specials and I've ripped them:

01. Like a virgin (no lion tongue). This one was used in the "Madonna Video EP" VHS.

02. Gambler. Uses different scenes of the "Vision quest" movie.

03. Oh father. The scenes with the mother on the coffin are cut and they use scenes with the shadow of the people walking and things like that.

04. Deeper and deeper. They use a fade versión of the song and the video ends before the "banana scene".

05. Bad girl. Same as deeper and deeper. Fade versión and it finish when Christopher Walken goes out of her bedroom. I guess they didn't want to cut the scene of the murder...

You can add the censored version of Open your Heart. At the time family organizations and Nancy Reagan & Tipper gore expressed concern about Madonna running away in the sunset with a child so there was a version with a couple kissing and dancing in an alley added in the end. It used to be shown on MCM the french music channel in the 90's. I must have it on VHS somewhere. The girl had the same hardo as Madonna in the IC booklet (short brunette bob), the couple is dancing hand in hand and they laugh. Kind of grotesque :)

You can add the censored version of Open your Heart. At the time family organizations and Nancy Reagan & Tipper gore expressed concern about Madonna running away in the sunset with a child so there was a version with a couple kissing and dancing in an alley added in the end. It used to be shown on MCM the french music channel in the 90's. I must have it on VHS somewhere. The girl had the same hardo as Madonna in the IC booklet (short brunette bob), the couple is dancing hand in hand and they laugh. Kind of grotesque :)

:wow: Would love to see it!

Whatever happened to Dan-o-Rama anyway?! I remember around DWT time there were rumors we were going to get a remix video DVD from him. At that time, I was so excited to get something like the "Music" backdrops. Now that we have all the YouTube videos available, it seems less necessary, I suppose. Still, his access to outtakes and rare footage would make it worth it. I don't know whatever happened to him. Madonna really respected him, supposedly, too -- which explains why she trusted him with all of that precious material. I think she likened his talent to a 'choreographer of images' or something like that. I remember thinking it was an interesting description.

His remix videos were great!

He's still alive - still around - but I don't think he does any of those kind of things now (he also did tour backdrop and remix videos for Cher and others, back in the day).

From what I heard, Warners did indeed plan to release his remix videos on a DVD but they changed their minds (as seems standard practice with regards anything interesting they've planned over the years in terms of Madonna video material!).

As you say - all the remix videos are out there now either on YouTube or on download sites, so it's no big deal really whether they get officially released now.

There's an edited version of Express Yourself as well. Cut was the scene when the 'dirty worker guy' grabs Madonna with the bed sheet and she lifts her arms up. Too hot for prime back then, I guess.