Where's the Party?

vocalism

I heard this on an oldies station on Saturday night as part of their dance party. I grew up thinking this was a single/hit. Maybe it was partly because she performed it on the Blond Ambition Tour - which, in retrospect was a bizarre move IMO. I know it got some airplay in '87. What other artist is getting airplay in 2014 with a 28-year-old album cut?

Anyone in the know (or who was old enough to remember) care to share the details?

A promo video was released by Warner's for the YCD version but then nothing happened. It was put on the b-side of Spotlight but that only got released in Japan in the end. Then nothing happened for about eighteen months until LAP. I wonder if the troubles with Sean meant she didn't want to actually do anything.

Supernatural / Santa Baby was scheduled for release in late 88 but that got canned too.

A promo video was released by Warner's for the YCD version but then nothing happened. It was put on the b-side of Spotlight but that only got released in Japan in the end. Then nothing happened for about eighteen months until LAP. I wonder if the troubles with Sean meant she didn't want to actually do anything.

Supernatural / Santa Baby was scheduled for release in late 88 but that got canned too.

:wow: There coulda been videos?!?! :dramatic:

Heard this before over the years but I believe it was found to be an urban myth. No such single release was ever planned.

Guest Madomination

I always thought Where's the Party would be the fifth single from the True Blue album after Open Your Heart. I nearly gagged when it turn out to be La Isla Bonita instead. :s703:

"Where's the Party?" would have been an easy-peasy 6th single and Top 5 hit from True Blue had it been released before Who's That Girl happened.

Anyway, I really want this on the next tour.. but I think the lyrics in the middle 8, as fabulous as they are, may be a bit difficult for her to identify with nowadays..

Don't want to grow old too fast

Don't wanna let the system get me down

I've got to find a way to make the good times last

And if you show me how

I'm ready now!

:wow:

Madonna Tour 2015 setlist revealed

1. Trust (Intro)

2. Trust

3. Dangerous Path

3. Human Nature

4. Trust (video interlude)

5. Open Your Heart (15-second interlude)

6. Some Girls

7. Girl Gone Wild

8. Human Nature (video interlude)

9. Sitting on the Whole World

10. Gang Bang (acoustic version)

11. Like a Prayer (20-second snippet)

12. Human Nature (dancers interlude)

13. 4 Minutes (video social consciousness thing version)

14. La Isla Bonita (TRAP version)

15. Candy Shop (TRAP version)

16. Trust (R&B version)

17. Ray of Light (guitar version)

18. Human Nature (guitar version)

19. Hung Up (guitar version)

20. On Eagle's Wings

Her very first PNP song. But I prefer celebration.

I love how she referenced it in Music Inferno, she hasn't forgotten about it entirely.

Would love to hear an updated version.

This part:

We can make it all right

We can make you dance, we can make a party last all night

Should have been in MDNA Celebration.

I'm gonna SUFFA!!

Woo-AHH AHHH!!

I am MADONNA!

Woo-AHH AHHH!

He is your BROTHER!

Woo-AHH AHH!!

The finale that has been misheard by millions over the world for years and years. :wow:

Heard this before over the years but I believe it was found to be an urban myth. No such single release was ever planned.

It's hard to tell. At the time, I remember rumoured releases for LAV BAT version, Sooner or Later, Now I'm Following You (which made it to promo) that never came to anything. Amazing and Impressive Instant made it to promo then got pulled. I imagine there's a whole host of songs that may have been considered for release and then got canned at various stages. The lack of releases between 87 and 89 was strange given she was on a career high. I imagine they could have been considering various options.

The Route 88 remix is interesting to hear but there's a really clunky edit in it at one point!

It's hard to tell. At the time, I remember rumoured releases for LAV BAT version, Sooner or Later, Now I'm Following You (which made it to promo) that never came to anything. Amazing and Impressive Instant made it to promo then got pulled. I imagine there's a whole host of songs that may have been considered for release and then got canned at various stages. The lack of releases between 87 and 89 was strange given she was on a career high. I imagine they could have been considering various options.

The Route 88 remix is interesting to hear but there's a really clunky edit in it at one point!

I think the most recent situation was Gang Bang. Tracy Young even announced on her site the single release, but never actually happened.

Never been a big fan of Where's The Party but I certainly like it and would like to see it on a tour again. It was mentioned there was a promo video of some sort?? Never heard that, does anyone have it????

Video for Supernatural, never heard that either but info was MUCH harder to get back in the day, at least for me. As a fan I would've LOVED it but it probably wouldn't have been that big a hit, comparably.

Here's a BAT vid of WTP I saved in my YT playlist awhile back. The audio's muted now but pretty sure I saved it cuz she's wearing a different jacket.

I love that dance shuffle around the 0:27 mark!

Such a great happy song! Always give me good vibes. One of my fave tracks ever!

I think Where's The Party was released as an official single here in the Philippines. True Blue (album) was an all time best seller here.

Never been a big fan of Where's The Party but I certainly like it and would like to see it on a tour again. It was mentioned there was a promo video of some sort?? Never heard that, does anyone have it????

Video for Supernatural, never heard that either but info was MUCH harder to get back in the day, at least for me. As a fan I would've LOVED it but it probably wouldn't have been that big a hit, comparably.

Yeah Warner's released a promo video for YCD but I couldn't find it on YouTube. I seem to remember its clips from the WTG tour and dome other videos. It's not very well done. Just a montage.