Why does KIT rarely get a mention around here?

Crux

Love KIT! I do think it unfortunately gets overlooked because of the success of the other singles on LAP and because it didn't have a video. The BAT performance is so killer in every way. I love how she worked in Sly & The Family Stone's "Family Affair" - it was the perfect intro especially since she has said they were an influence on the song's sound.

I love it, I don't get why they couldn't have rented an empty studio one afternoon brought the chairs in and just done a video of the tour performance at the very least. It's a brilliant performance.

And the extended 12" version is perfect.

I always think it would have made a much better choice to go where Human Nature is on S&S but... alas

I'm pleased it's getting so much love because It's a fantastic song that is very much over-looked. I wonder if she'll dust it down again for one of her future tours. I hope so.

I love it, I don't get why they couldn't have rented an empty studio one afternoon brought the chairs in and just done a video of the tour performance at the very least. It's a brilliant performance.

And the extended 12" version is perfect.

I always think it would have made a much better choice to go where Human Nature is on S&S but... alas

I can't stand this song anymore.

Yes, the BAT version of KIT was one of Madonna's GREATEST artistic moments. The fact that she's YET to perform that song LIVE again, is a great thing. That song is, visually, a work of art. Madonna hasn't raped it a million times to appease the masses the way she has certain songs (Vogue, Express Yourself). Madonna has performed certain songs so much that they have left an indelible mark on our subconscious. Some people may find ANY number of songs WAY better than "La Isla Bonita" yet, that's the song she has chosen to perform so many times.

IMHO, each time she does LAB LIVE, it takes away JUST a little from it's original magic. Maybe "Keep It Together" is better off being left to the glorious Blond Ambition Tour. After all, is there ANY way she could top it? My answer is NO (Unlike "Vogue", which she has topped several times from her performance on the BAT.)

phleaseee..

Good thread FMB!!!!! KIT is one of my all time Madonna faves, i love the remixes, the performance! In fact, i can't explain it much, but for me is one hidden gem that i prefer it's a bit hidden. One of the very very few singles from the 80s that you can revisit so much because you weren't overexposed to them. I still listen to EY barely because i ended up so fed up in 1989 that still haven't recovered, hahaha.

KIT is always fresh for me. Her first single/non single.

I thought it was inspired by Cabaret?

It's inspired by both. The outfit and chair is definitely Cabaret. Toodaloo!

This is one song I don't want to see performed again as this is such a standout performance.

I love the song, but I wonder how heartfelt it is. Madonna doesn't seem that close to her family. It was nice that it got such a radical remix for the single.

I know what you mean but I often wondered whether the overall sentiment of the song is how Madonna would like her relationship to be with her family rather than a celebration of how it actually is. The lyrics speak of conflicted feelings when she says 'I wanna be different, I wanna be on my own..but daddy says listen you will always have a home.'

Good thread FMB!!!!! KIT is one of my all time Madonna faves, i love the remixes, the performance! In fact, i can't explain it much, but for me is one hidden gem that i prefer it's a bit hidden. One of the very very few singles from the 80s that you can revisit so much because you weren't overexposed to them. I still listen to EY barely because i ended up so fed up in 1989 that still haven't recovered, hahaha.

KIT is always fresh for me. Her first single/non single.

THIS!!

The dubs on the 12" maxi were a lot of fun, too.

http://youtu.be/sOBMCiLiyNA

http://youtu.be/6QnGVO6c4I8

Blessed be Japan for using the vinyl tracklisting when they compiled their CD EP (they also kicked the whole thing off with the extended remix of "Cherish" which didn't get a US release.)

Madonna_-_Keep_It_Together_WPCP-3200.jpg

I love this song! My favorite version is the Single Remix. I can't find a video of it but it's so funky! :dramatic:

That's my favorite too... Too bad we can't find a video. I'd like to hear it NOW !

I think my main issue with this song is that there is not enough bass. Would love a remastering just like Express Yourself from TIC.

The Single Remix (and related mixes) are among her bassiest releases!

I'm convinced EQ practices at Warner Bros. changed to coincide with the arrival of 1990's. I spun a singles marathon a few weeks ago, playing everything back-to-back, and there is a noticeable increase in bass beginning with the "Keep It Together" 45 and continuing on from there.

This was likely due to the dominant music formats changing from vinyl to cassette and CD releases. Bass could make a cheap needle fly off of a record but the latter formats could handle it.

The Single Remix (and related mixes) are among her bassiest releases!

I'm convinced EQ practices at Warner Bros. changed to coincide with the arrival of 1990's. I spun a singles marathon a few weeks ago, playing everything back-to-back, and there is a noticeable increase in bass beginning with the "Keep It Together" 45 and continuing on from there.

This was likely due to the dominant music formats changing from vinyl to cassette and CD releases. Bass could make a cheap needle fly off of a record but the latter formats could handle it.

Thanks Mattress for info! You are just right. Listening to the them as we speak.

:wow:

The dubs on the 12" maxi were a lot of fun, too.

Blessed be Japan for using the vinyl tracklisting when they compiled their CD EP (they also kicked the whole thing off with the extended remix of "Cherish" which didn't get a US release.)

Madonna_-_Keep_It_Together_WPCP-3200.jpg

Pure gold.