Overlooked Tour Performances

IsaacHarris

I LOVE NEW YORK!!!!

The entire performance is so electric!!!! The way she pounds, grinds and works that guitar is off the hook!!!!!!!!

GETOFAMASTRIiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

COAD - Paradise not for me - One of my favorite songs and a nice version

S&S - Heartbeat

MDNA - Papa dont preach - unfortunatley its too short

DWT - Nobodey knows me (her music album was really the best, next to ROL)

RIT - Die another day

Agree about PDP in MDNA. That said, it wouldn't have worked in the full version because she edited it to not necessarily be about having a baby.

DEEPER AND DEEPER ON RIT

HUNG UP ON MDNA.....REALLY HYPNOTIC PERFORMANCE THAT IS HATED MORE THAN OVERLOOKED, IT SEEMS....I LOVE HOW SHE ALWAYS PUT ATTENTION AND EFFORT ON REIMAGINING HER SONGS AND PUT THEM IN UNEXPECTED WAYS

What came to mind for me was 'true blue' from WTG tour. It's the only time she's sung it and I love the part where she sings 'no wo more sadness,I KISS IT GOODBYE' differently.

Also the extended outro for LIB on WTG tour.

• 4 months later...
Guest RinoTheBouncer

RIT - Die Another Day

RIT - American Life

RIT - Nobody Knows Me

DWT - Sky Fits Heaven / Mer Girl

CT - Erotica

CT - Paradise (Not For Me)

CT - Lucky Star

CT - Isaac

S&S - Devil Wouldn’t Recognize You

S&S - Like A Prayer

MDNA - Revolver

MDNA Olympia - Beautiful Killer

I wrote my most favorite performances. Not sure if they’re all overlooked but I believe any of those is much more iconic than the Blond Ambition Tour that everybody makes it sound like Madonna never surpassed it when she clearly did, many times.

Madonna aint nobody's actress on the big screen, but the women is pure comedy onstage; BAT was full of funny moments (the banter w/ Donna & Niki especially) but my favorite example of GOOFdonna would have to be the beginning 0:00 - 2:16.

"You got alotta nerve...You know what? you gotta lotta DICK." :rotfl:

I'm Breathless gets a lot of shit, but Now I'm Following You is unarguably THE JAM. And it worked so well, live! Her footwork is masterful, their dancing is on-point, and them innuendos are a hoot. I love the ending dance break/ slight strip tease at the very end. You could consider it an interlude, but I damn sure don't; it's like three performances all in one, really. It's intensely fabulous & one of my favorite lip-synced extravaganzas. Theater is truly her element, yall! It's just so fun.

giphy.gif

Finally some love for what most regard the Achilles heel of the tour de force that is BAT!

Haha! I was gonna list Lucky Star and Into the Groove from WTG. :-)

When I saw Blond Ambition, I'm breathless was about 2 weeks away from being released, so I had never even heard SoL HP or NIFY. It was weird not knowing the lyrics to songs at a Madonna show! NIFY was definitely a highlight.

Deeper and Deeper from RIT was amazing as well.

Oh you are one of the chosen ones that were blessed with witnessing the tour of all tours.

113966.gif

#foreverjealous

RIT - Die Another Day

RIT - American Life

RIT - Nobody Knows Me

CT - Erotica

CT - Lucky Star

CT - Isaac

S&S - Devil Wouldn’t Recognize You

S&S - Like A Prayer

MDNA - Revolver

I wrote my most favorite performances. Not sure if they’re all overlooked but I believe any of those is much more iconic than the Blond Ambition Tour that everybody makes it sound like Madonna never surpassed it when she clearly did, many times.

I totally agree with you.

For me personally, M best & most interesting tours came after BA.

Agreed, this is one of her best performances ever. Too bad it is not very well known outside of her fan base. It should have been included in the dvd at least as a bonus.

Without the booos a minute after the end of it... :laugh:

I agree !

Oh you are one of the chosen ones that were blessed with witnessing the tour of all tours.

113966.gif

#foreverjealous

Yes. I will always be able to say that Blond Ambition was my first Madonna concert. But I will be forever jealous of those that got to witness VT, WTG, And GS live. Lol!

I guess no one gets everything in life.

Why nobody mentions this astounds me.

THIS. THIS. THIS.

I LOVE "I'm Going Bananas"... in fact, I love "Bye, Bye, Baby" too right before it...and the CLASSIC M, Donna, and Niki banter after -

"Fucking women." "Yeah!" "Women." "Yeah." "Fuck women." "Yeah." "Fuck those women" "Yeah!" "We fuck 'dose women." "YEAH!" "All the time." "Yeah!" "And we don't care about it." "Yeah! "They're not gonna hurt our feelings" "No!" "Cause we're guys!" "Yeah" "And we don't have feelings." "Yeah!" "We don't....?" ............... "Fuck it." (Paris banter)

Every time I play any of those back - Paris, London, Sydney, etc... I just crack up.

Much like BAT...I love getting all the different bootlegs just so I can hear the different banter in these segments...and it changes ever night.

The one thing I miss about M's post DWT tours is the comedy moments.

Okay this thread has just turned into "Name your favourite performance" instead of "overlooked"

lol

ANYWHO, my favourite OVERLOOKED performance from a tour is:

I DESERVE IT (DWT)

DAD in RIT has gotta be, hands down, one of her best vocal performances.

RIT - Die Another Day

RIT - American Life

RIT - Nobody Knows Me

CT - Erotica

CT - Lucky Star

CT - Isaac

S&S - Devil Wouldnt Recognize You

S&S - Like A Prayer

MDNA - Revolver

I wrote my most favorite performances. Not sure if theyre all overlooked but I believe any of those is much more iconic than the Blond Ambition Tour that everybody makes it sound like Madonna never surpassed it when she clearly did, many times.

If I've told you once, I've told you a thousand times: you had to be there. Just because you've only seen Blond ambition on YouTube doesn't mean it's not a big deal. Madonna has been outdoing herself more or less every tour since then, but as I've already stated in the ICON forum, she set her standard for being a "must see" live act with BA. It's essential to her legacy and part of why (by many, many fans) it's a comparison of any Madonna show since.

And none of those songs are overlooked and you know it.

Stop the BA hate.

Okay this thread has just turned into "Name your favourite performance" instead of "overlooked"

lol

ANYWHO, my favourite OVERLOOKED performance from a tour is:

I DESERVE IT (DWT)

Well, some folks' "favorites" may be those they feel are also "overlooked".

Well, some folks' "favorites" may be those they feel are also "overlooked".

True, but I doubt that, for example LAP, is ever an overlooked performance... Even if some fans don't care for the performance.

Isaac's example of NIFY is perfect: an overlooked gem.

The Look of Love from WTG is also a good example as is I'm going bananas.

If I've told you once, I've told you a thousand times: you had to be there. Just because you've only seen Blond ambition on YouTube doesn't mean it's not a big deal. Madonna has been outdoing herself more or less every tour since then, but as I've already stated in the ICON forum, she set her standard for being a "must see" live act with BA. It's essential to her legacy and part of why (by many, many fans) it's a comparison of any Madonna show since.

And none of those songs are overlooked and you know it.

Stop the BA hate.

Preach it my brother! There will never be and has never been another like it.

YEAH! So you just watch yourself RinoTheBouncer!

tumblr_mgc9ntjhai1qi0ofuo1_500.gif

I've seriously been round and round with him about this.

A349C8D9-95B0-452B-AA99-A8F078C98A4B_zps

But he just won't get it.

I think we might have to...

tumblr_lx13tlSEco1qlycwjo1_500.gif

...teach this boy some ****ing manners he ain't got no ****ing class you know what i'm ****ing sayin?

No but really... WHEN WILL HIS FAV?

blond-2.jpg

I think we might have to...

tumblr_lx13tlSEco1qlycwjo1_500.gif

...teach this boy some ****ing manners he ain't got no ****ing class you know what i'm ****ing sayin?

No but really... WHEN WILL HIS FAV?

blond-2.jpg

34F29AED-38CB-4095-B71E-345B9DC8DEC7_zps

ED680562-2F84-4164-A5C1-587D2A62B2FA_zps