Minority Fan

5iVe Elements

Guest Rachelle of London

Oh yeahhhh!! Twat!

Saying that I hope Mercy is on the next album. Rocco got the tour, Lola had MG and Superstar. David DJd with David Guetta. Mercy needs a track! Hhaha

I like that she wears grills.

I like that she's a fitness nut and I love it when her veins pop in her arms.

I like that she's trying to delve a bit deeper and isn't all about fitting some dumb mould. I like artforfreedom.

I like that she doesn't do tireless promotion.

I like that she isn't CONSTANTLY making the same album with the same look and the same level of success.

I don't care about chart statistics or about google rankings.

I don't follow the careers of her supposed peers. Madonna is the exception to the rule.

Until I started reading online posts, had no idea how many songs are disliked from M that I assumed people enjoyed. I always thought One More Chance was a pretty song & went well with STR, but that song is considered cringeworthy. Like most of the songs people listed here, however, can't get into that Jimmy Jimmy!

Sometimes I feel like I'm in the minority among fans :lol: in which most of the things the majority of the fans dislike or hate, I like or love:

- Spanish Lesson

- RIT

- GMAYL

- The American Life album

- American Life single and the rap!!!

- The Majorette section of MDNA

- Inside of Me

- GHV2 :lol:

- Jimmy Jimmy

Is anyone in the same boat?

I like them. Some more than others.

One of the biggest things that I'm in the minority for though is I'm not a fan of ROL the song or the album and I think the video for it is so shit.

Are there fans that want her to keep making the same albums with the same looks to achieve the same level of success? I'd say that embracing reinvention is a prerequisite to being a Madonna fan.

You would think so.

I don't exactly have a favourite Madonna era. Madonna to me is represented by the opening and closing of her career path...the path keeps getting longer and broader. I love that. The growth of a person represented in their art. It's almost like the path itself has taken on it's own context and become it's own artwork. Unfortunately there are ray of lighters, blond ambition fans, eighties fans and confessors. Yes. Some people get really locked in on period and unfortunately I guess they just have a shallow soul or a closed mind.

I loved Body of Evidence and Swept Away and I consider them her best movies.

I watched BOE a couple of weeks ago (thankfully before it was removed from Netflix. grr), and it is not at all a bad movie. I thought she did great in it.

I constantly feel that way. Not only do I battle non-fans, but I'm always in disagreement with fans.

My Madonna 'taste' is different than most of you.

I'm not into the tabloid parts of her life. I couldn't care less who her new boyfriend is.

I love everything she does. And I've loved her since the very beginning of her career.

I'm with you, Five Elements! :inlove:

My Madonna tastes have been mocked, questioned, and challenged but my unwavering faith in M-Dolla guides me through the forum drama GLORY HALLELUJAH.

Thank you Isaac! Now we need that M-Dolla & Yonce duet for M's 13th album. :inlove:

You would think so.

I don't exactly have a favourite Madonna era. Madonna to me is represented by the opening and closing of her career path...the path keeps getting longer and broader. I love that. The growth of a person represented in their art. It's almost like the path itself has taken on it's own context and become it's own artwork. Unfortunately there are ray of lighters, blond ambition fans, eighties fans and confessors. Yes. Some people get really locked in on period and unfortunately I guess they just have a shallow soul or a closed mind.

Well, that's a bit extreme. Having a favorite era is not equal to being unappreciative of reinvention or her career arc. Madonna has a larger and more popular body of work than virtually any other major musical act -- it would be ridiculous to say that everything she's done is of equal quality or of equal importance to her growth as an artist.

My unpopular opinions (since I don't think I posted them earlier):

• "Dance 2Night" is fantastic. I don't see this track slagged all that much anymore, but I clearly recall fans hating it when the album was released. This and "Miles Away" are the only two Timbaland tracks on the album that sound like real collaborations with Madonna. The other Timbaland tracks sound are so heavy-handed that they may as well have appeared on a Timbaland album credited as "Timbaland featuring Madonna."
  • I f-ing hate Benni Bennassi. With the exception of "I'm Addicted," all the tracks he's done for Madonna have been cookie-cutter shit that may as well have featured on Britney or Rihanna albums. I feel like all the gays on Madonna message boards love him, though. I just can't relate.
  • MDNA Tour. Fans seem to think it's the second coming of Blond Ambition and I just don't get it. I thought it was a perfectly good tour, but I didn't think there was much new to get worked up about -- other than the video sets.
  • "Bedtime Stories" -- Man oh man, how times have changed. Five to 10 years ago, this was the bastard child of Madonna albums. Fans on message boards slagged this album left and right and I just could not understand what people hated about it. I thought it was a gorgeous album. "BS" seems to have be having something of a renaissance nowadays, with fans lauding the vocals and intimacy -- so maybe I'm not in the minority here anymore.
  • "Like a Virgin" -- Still slagged by fans as an album with "great singles and a bunch of filler." I'm sorry, but you people are idiots. "LAV" is an excellent dance-pop album that was way ahead of its time for 1984 and has aged remarkably well. (The most dated song on the album is probably the title track.) "Over and Over," "Love Don't Live Here Anymore," "Stay" and even "Shoo Bee Doo" are all excellent songs.
  • "American Life" -- which I've never been a big fan of, musically -- was last time Madonna did something truly daring publicly. It feels like she's played it safe ever since and, while she's released some great music in between, I desperately miss the attitude she used to have. And I'd love her to release another political record.
  • I'd like her to try acting again. I think a lot of the criticism of her acting is deserved (she is not the world's greatest actress), but she was always brilliant in supporting roles -- I still laugh out loud at her one-liners in "A League of their Own" -- and would love to see her in a big ensemble movie again.