100% or don't bother.

mad4mad2

Guest bluejean

I always liked MDNA. Its not her best album obviously but if you compare it to all the recent albums from Britney, Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, Beyonce or Rihanna it is WAY more consistent. Madonna has always done quality albums with very little filler.

I would love to see another Ray or Light or Confessions type creative high though. The MDNA tour and the Secret project were super creative so I'm sure we'll see another outstanding album in the future. She just has to get inspired.

I see :D

We all like and dislike certain albums but at the end of the day we ALL share an equal love and respect for Queendonna :dramatic: the greatest female popstar that ever lived.

Ready for album #13!

:Disco_Ball:

We all like and dislike certain albums but at the end of the day we ALL share an equal love and respect for Queendonna :dramatic: the greatest female popstar that ever lived.

Ready for album #13!

:Disco_Ball:

Of course :thumbsup:

I always liked MDNA. Its not her best album obviously but if you compare it to all the recent albums from Britney, Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, Beyonce or Rihanna it is WAY more consistent. Madonna has always done quality albums with very little filler.

I would love to see another Ray or Light or Confessions type creative high though. The MDNA tour and the Secret project were super creative so I'm sure we'll see another outstanding album in the future. She just has to get inspired.

Same feelings here

I mean it's obvious HC and MDNA are not on a par with a ROL, LAP, TB, MUSIC and COADF. But that's not to say they were subpar in general nor within Madonna's range of possibilities. Someone who has lasted at the top for 30 years and with so many peaks, by far outnumbering the "lows" (and anyway most artists or people in general would take a Madonna low any other day) will have a certain number of works who are considered sublime and others who are considered good. Not everything can be sublime or perfect

And exactly as you've said:

"but if you compare it to all the recent albums from Britney, Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, Beyonce or Rihanna it is WAY more consistent. Madonna has always done quality albums with very little filler"

I think it's extraordinary to have had a 30-year long career and still care/manage to put out work that on its worst day is still better thought out than work put out by younger people or other acts in general doing the same genre of music

I care. Having hit singles is a part of being labeled the Queen. You need to dominate over your peers in all aspects of the industry in order to rule. A queen is called one for a reason.

You can't be serious. Madonna is the Queen for a LOT of reasons, it's not only about chart positions! NO ONE stay on top forever, Madonna included. Do you REALLY think that, 30 years into her career, she can still sell more than younger popstars? Let's not be delusional.

Tbh, i don't think Madonna will have another hit single at this point. I would LOVE to see her having another hit but between her age, lack of promo and lack of airplay, chances are VERY small. So be prepared to stop seeing her as the Queen i guess...

To answer the OP, i would love to have another album as long as it's good. I don't think she wasn't into the MDNA project since we got an awesome tour.

Guest Not4Pussies

Madonna is very capable of scoring another hit. A top ten hit even. Why are you people writing her off? If she proved us wrong at 40 and 50, why not now? And although GMAYL wasnt a major hit it still gave her another top ten hit.

My main issue with MDNA are the vocals, as well as maybe the overproduction (as often with M albums).

Several songs could have been transformed by better vocals (TUTR, I'm A Sinner, Some Girls, yes even parts of Falling Free).

The only 'half arsed' song to me was 'Superstar' (god knows what possessed her with those shit lyrics).

My favourite M albums always have kickass vocals (ROL, LAP, Music). Much of MDNA sounds like she either has been sucking cock too long or she is making limited effort so that she doesn't have to replicate anything too hard on tour.

Why, just because some people are critical about MDNA? :dead: This forum would be much more of a bore if everyone shared the same opinion or every thread goes like "Omg That is so perfect, I love M omg!!!".

As long as nobody resorts to attacks against M or against members here, I don't see a problem with people who are more critical of her than others.

I would not give a shit if you literally took a shit on MDNA. I still love it either way. What bothers me is the mentality that somehow she doesn't care for the album or making music or that it's "subpar/half-arsed" because she didn't promote it/it flopped/William Orbit says so/someone just doesn't like it so they justify it that way. Like what kind of bullshit is that?

She made the album she wanted to make, and if you don't like it fine, and if you do, that's cool too.

MDNA isn't even a proper album. It is another example of an artist recording singles and b-sides throwing them together and calling it an album.

When you walked through the rain to Target to get it, did you ask for Madonna's new "collection of singles and b-sides," MDNA? :inlove:

Madonna is very capable of scoring another hit. A top ten hit even. Why are you people writing her off? If she proved us wrong at 40 and 50, why not now? And although GMAYL wasnt a major hit it still gave her another top ten hit.

You know what? No one is ruling out that possibility. No one is "writing her off" here. But you need to be realistic as well. She is getting very little backing from any mainstream radio or media source. Also, she hasn't a proper record company anymore to back her up like she had with Warners. Those are two big key components in gaining a top 40 hit or higher. The reality is that the likely of her getting a huge hit at this period in her career, is very slim. Of course, I'm not saying it's impossible, but you do realize that GMAYL was simply a payola effort. That song wouldn't have gotten top ten status if there wasn't a deal for the song to be played that first weekend on major radio stations. Unfortunately, once the deal was up, the radio stations dropped the song.

Madonna is most definitely one artist who is known to beat the odds, but unless something changes within the music business where youth dominates, she is unlikely to score another huge hit. But don't let me squash that bubble of yours, you are in. Believe me, I'd love to eat my words and see her score another big hit.

Guest Rachelle of London

What made me laugh about MDNAs release is the radio ignored all the singles but played masterpiece and celebration instead looool

What made me laugh about MDNAs release is the radio ignored all the singles but played masterpiece and celebration instead looool

Who can blame them? Girl Gone Wild was just ok, and Turn Down The Radio was definitely one of the all time worst.

:lmao:

Oh I love GGW AND TUTR

I remember when the preview of GGW was played on IHeartRadio and it sounded great! The final version sounds so different. Maybe it was tweaked last minute? No clue.

When you walked through the rain to Target to get it, did you ask for Madonna's new "collection of singles and b-sides," MDNA? :inlove:

What I went through to get the disc is demonstrate my love of Pud Madonna. It didn't make the music sweeter but you guys know I love B-Day Song.

Did you say " I am not paying full price for this besides collection. I want the sale price as advertised!" ?

:rotfl:

What I went through to get the disc is demonstrate my love of Pud Madonna. It didn't make the music sweeter but you guys know I love B-Day Song.

The things you went through for an album you ended up hating. Legendary! :inlove:

There has been a shocking drop off in quality on the last two albums and the new material on Celebration.

Her visuals and tours are still strong but she needs better producers and some work on her vocals.

She needs to get passionate about her music and focus 100% on the quality. No more vocoders and trite lyrics.

We know she can do it.

There has been a shocking drop off in quality on the last two albums and the new material on Celebration.

Her visuals and tours are still strong but she needs better producers and some work on her vocals.

She needs to get passionate about her music and focus 100% on the quality. No more vocoders and trite lyrics.

We know she can do it.

Yes please no vocoder EVER again.

Trite lyrics are fine as long as she doesn't keep using the same ones over and over, like "moth to a flame" . And sometimes one lazy lyric can ruin a song e.g. In the otherwise-stunning Masterpiece she uses "light" to rhyme with "light". This sort of thing needs her close attention, not just " oh it will do". Oh, and please know when to edit a track. Falling free would have been far more effective if it didn't keep repeating itself toward the end ( though I could say the same about Isaac from COADF).

The tunes are as great as always. The attitude, the concepts..tick. Just more concentration on the vocals/lyrics and avoid overproduction.

I remember when the preview of GGW was played on IHeartRadio and it sounded great! The final version sounds so different. Maybe it was tweaked last minute? No clue.

I agree,the preview sounded much better! It's hard to explain why.The final version is somewhat different.

Yes please no vocoder EVER again.

Trite lyrics are fine as long as she doesn't keep using the same ones over and over, like "moth to a flame" . And sometimes one lazy lyric can ruin a song e.g. In the otherwise-stunning Masterpiece she uses "light" to rhyme with "light". This sort of thing needs her close attention, not just " oh it will do". Oh, and please know when to edit a track. Falling free would have been far more effective if it didn't keep repeating itself toward the end ( though I could say the same about Isaac from COADF).

The tunes are as great as always. The attitude, the concepts..tick. Just more concentration on the vocals/lyrics and avoid overproduction.

Yes definitely avoid over production and over processing her vocals.