100% or don't bother.

mad4mad2

Plus, who gets to say what is "half-arsed" or not? Who gets to really say what's "100%" or not? How do you know? Were you there with her?

Again, just because you don't like it, or it didn't become what you wanted, doesn't mean she didn't give her all.

You're asking me to explain how I can put an objective value on a piece of art -the answer is I can't. Even if Madonna released a record of her farting I could not say for sure if this was not her crowning artistic achievement. But I can look at what I think of the result subjectively, and look at other factors and circumstantial evidence, and come up with working theory that makes sense to me. Just as you (who presumably draw a different conclusion) have done.

You're asking me to explain how I can put an objective value on a piece of art -the answer is I can't. Even if Madonna released a record of her farting I could not say for sure if this was not her crowning artistic achievement. But I can look at what I think of the result subjectively, and look at other factors and circumstantial evidence, and come up with working theory that makes sense to me. Just as you (who presumably draw a different conclusion) have done.

Oh bull. If there's something I don't like, I'll say 'ok, didn't care for that one, not for me'... but I don't feel the need to say 'well, so-and-so didn't work very hard on that'... because how the hell would I know. One doesn't necessarily equal the other. It's that simple.

100%.

She needs to put her all into the next album, it could be her last chance to redeem herself.

You certainly live up to your nickname :D

I am sure you're being sarcastic :)

Oh bull. If there's something I don't like, I'll say 'ok, didn't care for that one, not for me'... but I don't feel the need to say 'well, so-and-so didn't work very hard on that'... because how the hell would I know. One doesn't necessarily equal the other. It's that simple.

Well that's fine, that's your choice. My choice is to say what I think.

Well that's fine, that's your choice. My choice is to say what I think.

And some of us get to think that it can get a bit ridiculous that just because someone personally doesn't like something that it equates to the artist "not giving their 100%".

201 replies and still no Hard Candy shade? I see y'all have gotten the picture. :wow: CARRY ON.

I actually prefer HC over MDNA.

I NEVER in a million years thought I would prefer HC over another Madonna album.

But it finally happened.

:lmao:

Why, just because some people are critical about MDNA? :dead: This forum would be much more of a bore if everyone shared the same opinion or every thread goes like "Omg That is so perfect, I love M omg!!!".

As long as nobody resorts to attacks against M or against members here, I don't see a problem with people who are more critical of her than others.

Guest Rachelle of London

Oh for Christ sake should everyone have the same opinion of everything, surely the whole point of a forum is to discuss matters. I love MDNA but it's not gonna hurt my feelings if another member doesn't.

Oh for Christ sake should everyone have the same opinion of everything, surely the whole point of a forum is to discuss matters. I love MDNA but it's not gonna hurt my feelings if another member doesn't.

Thank you!

I'm not gonna pretend to love something when I don't, and like someone else mentioned nobody has outright bashed Madonna or anything. Madonna is all about freedom of EXPRESSION.

Any real Madonna fan knows that.

Express Yourself, bitches.

Thank you! I'm not gonna pretend to love something when I don't, and like someone else mentioned nobody has outright bashed Madonna or anything. Madonna is all about freedom of EXPRESSION. Any real Madonna fan knows that. Express Yourself, bitches.

Dear nobody is saying you're not entitled to not liking MDNA or HC or something Madonna does/has done. The point is that the way you express your opinion on MDNA sounds more like a flat factual MDNA was a subpar effort from her. Rather than the acceptable: "I found MDNA a subpar effort on Madonna's part". Many fans loved MDNA and didn't find Madonna didn't make an effort, regardless of your personal opinion

But you seem to state it as a fact, that's all :)

Dear nobody is saying you're not entitled to not liking MDNA or HC or something Madonna does/has done. The point is that the way you express your opinion on MDNA sounds more like a flat factual MDNA was a subpar effort from her. Rather than the acceptable: "I found MDNA a subpar effort on Madonna's part". Many fans loved MDNA and didn't find Madonna didn't make an effort, regardless of your personal opinion

But you seem to state it as a fact, that's all

That was NEVER my intention, at all. I find it subpar but I know many people on here really love it and that's fine too! :)