Madonna & Jean Paul Gaultier

XXL

The other thing I noticed about the JGB exhibit, and maybe others who have seen her costumes up close can relate, but I was really surprised by the Blond Ambition corsets. The LAV one looked much darker and less gold/shiny than it looks in pictures and videos from the tour, but that might have just been the age and/or lighting at the museum, which was fairly dark. But the flesh-colored EY corset looked so much different. Did you know it's actual velvet? The cups look so shiny and hard on video/photo, but in person it was very soft looking.

madonna-blond-ambition-tour.jpg

^^^ I think the reason why they look different is because they were originally made for a completely different setting. They were made to make an impression during the show in connection with the lightning design for a certain segment. I would like to think that if you re-create that lighting you will have a similar effect in the museum. Another example is her dress during I'm Addicted at the MDNA tour. The effect in the show is very different from what you see in the pictures. In real it looks like she was illuminated, almost blinding, divine actually.

^^^ I think the reason why they look different is because they were originally made for a completely different setting. They were made to make an impression during the show in connection with the lightning design for a certain segment. I would like to think that if you re-create that lighting you will have a similar effect in the museum. Another example is her dress during I'm Addicted at the MDNA tour. The effect in the show is very different from what you see in the pictures. In real it looks like she was illuminated, almost blinding, divine actually.

Tell me about it

I felt flooded by light and amazingness, sonically and visually

7454990652_415d298dac_z.jpg

Madonna-MDNA-tour-Photo-credit-Kevin-Maz

Madonna-MDNA-tour-Photo-credit-Kevin-Maz

He knows. As do many others.

No I don't, the only thing I know is that for some reason you get offended if Lady Gaga is seen in a bad light, I posted a JPG quote on Madonna in a JPG-Madonna thread and there's nothing wrong about it. I didn't reply back to your trolling since I for one don't like acknowledging stupid provocations and derailing threads, but now apparently you go from trolling to speaking for me, and that's not cool. Please stop derailing and getting personal with people.

"Nobody can be like Madonna.

Lady Gaga does things that Madonna has already done.

Madonna is also very beautiful.

She can be a blonde, a redhead, black-haired.

Lady Gaga can’t do it."

20110521-news-madonna-jean-paul-gaultier

source: http://www.madonnarama.com/posts-en/2011/10/12/jean-paul-gaultier-nobody-is-like-madonna-not-even-lady-gaga/

it's great that he and so many other celebrities have been acknowledging this! the fraud has been exposed, while credit is due to our m.

No I don't, the only thing I know is that for some reason you get offended if Lady Gaga is seen in a bad light, I posted a JPG quote on Madonna in a JPG-Madonna thread and there's nothing wrong about it. I didn't reply back to your trolling since I for one don't like acknowledging stupid provocations and derailing threads, but now apparently you go from trolling to speaking for me, and that's not cool. Please stop derailing and getting personal with people.

Oh don't play dumb. You know exactly what you're doing. I didn't bring her up. You did. Again. Per usual. You're obsessed. Stop dragging her sorry ass into every Madonna thread. That is all. :goodbye:

I think the reason why this is such a great friendship and why he loves her so much (besides the fact that both are great artists) is that she was there when his lover died because of AIDS. He only briefly spoke about it and I don't remember exactly when it was (I think it was during a fashion segment on Arte) but you could clearly see how grateful he was that she was there because he was so devastated. Interestingly it's very similar to what Donatella Versace said when Gianni was shot. She was the first to offer help.

She knows....

This is a thread about Madonna and Gaultier. The Gaga quote from him is about exactly that. It has a rightful place in this discussion. End of story.

!

It's so transparent how always the same three people get butthurt over the same thing, and they even dare call others 'obsessed' :lmao:

I don't really like JPG as a person but his work with Madonna was a VERY important part of her career so i respect him.

Really? I always thinks he comes across as very sweet, and almost child-like in a way. There's something quite innocent about him that I would have thought would make it hard for anyone to not like him. He doesn't have that awful snootiness that a lot of gay fashion people have.

We read you once proposed to her - is that true?

Yes, three times, but she refused all the time. Always in a very polite way. She was the only woman I would ever have married.

What if she'd said yes? Would you have gone ahead?

[Laughing] Yes! I think a lot of gay men would. I would have loved it. I find her attractive sexually. In some ways she can be a macho woman, so if you like macho...

M turns gay straight!

How dare those Christian call her a witch! :dramatic:

I went to see the JPG exhibit at the Brooklyn Museum this weekend. I was surprised at how big it was. And there were all these creepy mannequins with projections of moving faces on them, some of them singing like choirs. Very "neat." And so much of it was Madonna-related. Pieces from Blond Ambition, Confessions Tour, MDNA, the topless dress she wore during the '92 runway show, a video of the '94 runway show with the baby carriage. It was practically a Madonna exhibit. Go see it if you're near NYC.

My friend and I were discussing this: Did JPG design the pantsuit/dress she wore in the DWT?

I loved it. It was amazing!

This is a thread about Madonna and Gaultier. The Gaga quote from him is about exactly that. It has a rightful place in this discussion. End of story.

I know. I was confused for a second on the shade! Lol

large.jpg

20121203-news-madonna-christies-auction-

20121203-news-madonna-christies-auction-

Madonna_Hard-Rock-Couture_2.jpg

gaultier3.jpg

Standing literally an inch from those two iconic Blond Ambition corsets, the MDNA exoskeleton corset and the confessions tour opening outfit (among some others) was really mesmerizing.

From Squaremadonna Youtube

http://squaremadonna.wordpress.com/2013/12/09/madonna-at-jean-paul-gaultier-spring-1991-runaway-showparisoctober-1990/

MADONNA AT JEAN PAUL GAULTIER SPRING 1991 RUNAWAY SHOW,PARIS,OCTOBER 1990

backstage-jpg-fashion-show.jpg?w=774

Thanks XXL for sharing this. Madonna looks so beautiful and I love her relationship with Jean Paul Gaultier. You can see they genuinely like each other so much.

Loving all these pics!!

She always looked beyond gorgeous in his clothes!

I think Gaultier understands Madonna and knows how to make her personality show in his clothes!

It allows her to be so many in one.

It's just amazing in Confessions intro she's totally covered up and she looks sooooo sexy!

And both are truly AVANT GARDE ARTISTS!!! :bow:

I love this partnership and can't wait for more iconic outfits to come!