Gaga slams Madonna comparisons

realityisalways

Edit: This was during the Andy Cohen interview:

And between her music and boundary-pushing ways, Gaga's been known to draw up a few comparisons to none other than Madonna over the years.

"Who's to say I'm anything like her at all? Who's to say that my ambitions are even the same as hers? Who's to say I'm not an entirely different person?" Gaga questioned. "Because I am. You have to understand, I was a waitress five years ago."

"My ambition was never to rule the world. It was always to change the world."

http://uk.eonline.com/news/475210/lady-gaga-is-glamour-s-woman-of-the-year-says-she-s-not-conventionally-beautiful

She's recycled the "rule the world" quote many times in the past, it's only when she shows no sign of ever achieving that goal that she says she never wanted to. This idiot has always been full of shit.

Guest SecretGarden

To even assert that Madonna didn't change the world, at least in the paradigm of popular culture, is utterly naive. If it weren't for Madonna's impact, Gaga wouldn't exist. It will do her well to understand that and be humble.

To even assert that Madonna didn't change the world, at least in the paradigm of popular culture, is utterly naive. If it weren't for Madonna's impact, Gaga wouldn't exist. It will do her well to understand that and be humble.

She's using a quote Madonna said playfully and obviously joking against her to make kids believe that Madonna is this evil queen who only wants to dominate everything, while sweet miss gagy only wants to do good

Guest SecretGarden

She's using a quote Madonna said playfully and obviously joking against her to make kids believe that Madonna is this evil queen who only wants to dominate everything, while sweet miss gagy only wants to do good

True, she thinks her goals are utterly altruistic and artistic while using Madonna's quote against her to make her out as some superficial talentless fame seeker.

If anything Gaga is far more manufactured and commercialized than Madonna ever was, and this is coming from someone who use to really appreciate what Gaga brought to pop music; she shouldn't be so ostentatious as to pretend she's doing anything differently than the Katy Perry's and Rihanna's of the world.

Where does Gaga think her whole "I want to be a legend" quote came from? It was her version of Madonna saying that quote.

It's just more of her passive aggressive bullshit, making everyone believe she's just so nice, while truly benefitting herself. Of course, she's the one screaming "Don't you know my ass is famous" in song - something Madonna's never resorted to.

We give her too much power. I think a new rule should be that she isn't discussed in the main forum. Unless Madonna herself brings up her reductive-ass.

There was a Kid Rock addressing Madonna thread a few days ago in this area, if I would have posted on the Gaga thread it would have gotten obscured through the rest of the posts

For starters, she changes the complaints about her regarding Madonna in this quote. Nobody ever thought Gaga was similar to Madonna. They just thought she ripped her off. In fact, Gaga's original press release for her first record compared her to Madonna.

So she is addressing a complaint that never actually occurred to manipulate people.

On Glamour Magazine:

And between her music and boundary-pushing ways, Gaga's been known to draw up a few comparisons to none other than Madonna over the years.

"Who's to say I'm anything like her at all? Who's to say that my ambitions are even the same as hers? Who's to say I'm not an entirely differ

ent person?" Gaga questioned. "Because I am. You have to understand, I was a waitress five years ago."

"My ambition was never to rule the world. It was always to change the world."

Don't blame me, I've known since day one you were nothing like Madonna. I'm positive your ambitions aren't the same and you most certainly aren't even close to being the person she is. Get a clue. Maybe you should try truly being inspired by her.

You were playing waitress 5 years ago taking money away from someone who needed a job? Why are you so ashamed of how you grew up? Why don't you just deal with the fact that you didn't have to struggle? The only thing you have accomplished is dividing people. You've inspired many to say hateful things to other people.

Every time I decide I'm not gonna criticise her she makes some reference to Madonna. So many people help her and support her in making her stupid comments, that is what is intolerable. She's not the star. Her fans are, the media that builds her up, and fans of people she makes passive aggressive digs about defending her. I shouldn't respond to her negative energy but I sincerely hope Madonna completely ignores her.

"She blew everyone away. Nobody talked about anything after that show but Lady Gaga. She bantered with the audience and was very funny. I never noticed that sense of humor when she was Stefani…Whenever someone asked her, 'what is your goal?' she would always give the same two-word answer: 'world domination.'"

- See more at: http://perezhilton.com/2010-10-09-bob-leone-lady-gaga-first-manager-talks-the-old-days#sthash.y1tKciEt.dpuf

"She blew everyone away. Nobody talked about anything after that show but Lady Gaga. She bantered with the audience and was very funny. I never noticed that sense of humor when she was Stefani…Whenever someone asked her, 'what is your goal?' she would always give the same two-word answer: 'world domination.'"

- See more at: http://perezhilton.com/2010-10-09-bob-leone-lady-gaga-first-manager-talks-the-old-days#sthash.y1tKciEt.dpuf

OMG I so wished I wasnt banned from atrl to post this and the picture of her house

Les inrocks - But do you want to be a pop icon?

Lady Gaga - If I wanna rule the world? The answer is yes. I think that secretly everyone wants to rule the world. But most people are afraid to say so.

http://www.madonnarama.com/posts/20100521-en2-lady-gaga-doesnt-think-of-myself-new-madonna.php

Dead :dead:

Gaga should hire someone to keep track of what she says to the press so that she can prevent making a fool of herself

What a stupit pathetic cunt. The faster she sinks the more she will badmouth Madonna. Im sure this idiot will hold a press conference about her hate on Madonna when its all over. Every hasbeen always trash Madonna when in need of attention.

Passive Aggressive Bitch.

Transparent as FUCK.

Plus, didn't Madonna herself actually say "I don't want to rule the world, I want to change it" in the last couple years? A print interview, right? This very line is stolen (ONCE AGAIN) from Madonna.

So gaga wants to change the world? with Artpoop? :tongue:

Yes and in fact she already did, she cheapened LGBT people for her own gain and made mainstream media portrait gays as puppy victims without a brain.

Ask anybody, the definition of the young gay of this decade is a bully twink who wears high heels and screams loud. Tks to Joanne.