Hung Up live at Parkinson

ryan

I don't care what anyone else says.....

I FUCKING LOVE THIS PERFORMANCE

I love her nervousness in the very beginning, but as soon as audience starts loving the song, you can see her starting to relax.

Her vocals are on point and sound so good with the background fx vocals.

Not only are her vocals good, but the band is fucking rocking. I love that Monte is playing the bass and it's ass-slapping loud! It's one of the best things about Hung Up when it's performed live.

And I've always loved M's minimal performances, where it's just her and the band. I don't even mind the mom-dance moves. She always has this care-free high energy when it's just her on the stage. She rocks out, see KoKo club for example....

The one thing I don't like is that rodeo dance move, like wtf?

But please bask in this beauty with me

one is such a lonely number!

NOW SING IT!!!!

"Good crowd, good crowd!"

Guest Rachelle of London

This was the best thing about the Parkinson appearance! Loved it! I remember watching this with my family, cant believe its nearly been 8 years

I can't figure out if she was lip synching this or not. The vocals sound live, but she misses getting the microphone up to her mouth after the breakdown.

I think it was lipped to newly recorded vocals, possibly recorded during rehearsals.

If it wasn't for M missing her cue once towards the end, I'd say it was sung almost fully live.

I remember watching with my mum. It was the first Parkinson episode to be broadcast on Danish, though a few weeks after the original UK air date.

Guest bluejean

The best will always be the first though. The Europe VMA's! Okay she didn't sound the best but the performance was electrifying

The best will always be the first though. The Europe VMA's! Okay she didn't sound the best but the performance was electrifying

That's how Portuguese audiences are! :D

And Madonna's fame hit her peak in Portugal in 2004/2005. Coming here for the 1st time for RIT and then that surge of popularity with COADF. Believe it or not, COADF was her first #1 here since the 80s! American Life peaked at #10 here xD

When she came out of that disco ball for the EMA's it was all over the news for days and days!

S'alright I guess. Much like the other 5 billion performances of this song. I just remember being royally pissed that the perf of Get Together was totally butchered in the editing.

I think it was a more sophisticated sound mix -- there's a doubling vox track on the chorus that isn't there on the verses, just to help the chorus sound more powerful. (Note she doesn't have any back-up singers, as she would later on tour.) I think that backing track came in on cue and it reminded her this was a quicker edit than she was used to performing (when she had the troupe with her). I don't think that means she wasn't singing live here, though.

It's sorta like how the trailing tail end of "but it'll be too late..." always had an extra punch in the echo after she'd usually dropped the mic away from her mouth and was in the process of passing it off to a dancer so she could move along the chain of dancers in slow-mo (with the leg up on Hypnosis' shoulder, etc.). I don't think that's indicative of her not singing live -- it's just a pre-recorded embellishment to smooth a performance's edges out and make it sound/appear more polished.

Just like when she has vocals that overlap one another -- if she's got the back-up singers there, fine. If not, she relies on some playback to fill it out. (TUTR has the "cause I don't wanna say where I'm goin' " and "Turn down the noise and turn up the volume ..." lines that step on each other... she can't sing both at the same time, so...)