Madonna looking UNBELIEVABLE on GMA!

Nikki

So now people are tweeting that "Madonna aligns with the NRA" cos of her "guns don't kill people people kill people" bit

Super

I can't believe she said "guns don't kill people people kill people" - it's such stupid statement, makes her look like a total idiot!

I agree that she shouldn't have taken out the guns from her show. She's playing a character, it's a performance. She's right as why should she change her show but not action movies.

But I'm sorry Madonna but guns do kill people!! The tragic events in the US last year wouldn't have happened if it wasn't so easy to gain access to a guns. It's a lot easier to do a massacre with a gun than knife. Plus the huge number of accents that occur with children of parents who keep guns in their home.

ugh i think there's a point on both sides. i hate how people are so black and white about this gun issue - and of course rarely anyone gave a shit about it before last year.

I can't believe she said "guns don't kill people people kill people" - it's such stupid statement, makes her look like a total idiot!

I agree that she shouldn't have taken out the guns from her show. She's playing a character, it's a performance. She's right as why should she change her show but not action movies.

But I'm sorry Madonna but guns do kill people!! The tragic events in the US last year wouldn't have happened if it wasn't so easy to gain access to a guns. It's a lot easier to do a massacre with a gun than knife. Plus the huge number of accents that occur with children of parents who keep guns in their home.

Couldn't agree more. There was a time when she was politically on point, but she seems really out of touch lately. First the "Muslim president" thing and now this... Guns are a huge problem in the U.S. right now.

Guest Rachelle of London

I didn't see her say this was the end of the MDNA era. I mean, it obviously is, but was that a different clip?

she said that she can finally lay MDNA to rest. Its on the 19min Q&A from the premiere

Well, it's not like she said she thinks automatic weapons should be freely distributed to all ... what many people are concerned about right now is access to guns. It's naive to think that guns are going to completely disappear -- from the real world, not just imaginary worlds like action films and concert tours.

I'm not in favor of weapons myself, so please don't jump all over me for it. But it is legal for law-abiding citizens to own certain kinds of guns for the protection of themselves and their property. Those guns don't kill anyone unless someone pulls the trigger -- which is what Madonna's saying.

What she's conveniently sidestepping in the interview is that "fantasy" images like the ones in video games, action films, and -- yes -- bloody concert tours can give children and young people unrealistic understandings of guns or can reduce their understanding of the consequences of their use.

Not saying Madonna should be held more responsible than others. In some ways, it is surprising how in the last decade or so she's embraced darker, angrier, more violent imagery. Since marrying Guy, it seems, and "What It Feels Like for a Girl" was the first indication of that filtering into her art.

In explaining her gun use in the Transgression section to some of my friends who are very anti-gun, I've usually tried to take the "it's a metaphor for the death of her relationship" kind of approach. Not sure anyone's buying it, though...

Well, it's not like she said she thinks automatic weapons should be freely distributed to all ... what many people are concerned about right now is access to guns. It's naive to think that guns are going to completely disappear -- from the real world, not just imaginary worlds like action films and concert tours.

I'm not in favor of weapons myself, so please don't jump all over me for it. But it is legal for law-abiding citizens to own certain kinds of guns for the protection of themselves and their property. Those guns don't kill anyone unless someone pulls the trigger -- which is what Madonna's saying.

What she's conveniently sidestepping in the interview is that "fantasy" images like the ones in video games, action films, and -- yes -- bloody concert tours can give children and young people unrealistic understandings of guns or can reduce their understanding of the consequences of their use.

Not saying Madonna should be held more responsible than others. In some ways, it is surprising how in the last decade or so she's embraced darker, angrier, more violent imagery. Since marrying Guy, it seems, and "What It Feels Like for a Girl" was the first indication of that filtering into her art.

In explaining her gun use in the Transgression section to some of my friends who are very anti-gun, I've usually tried to take the "it's a metaphor for the death of her relationship" kind of approach. Not sure anyone's buying it, though...

Totally agree with you, what she meant is that everyone decides when to pull the trigger, if they do. I also used that metaphor to explain to a friend why all the violence in that section; at the begginig she still wasn't ok with it, but as the show went and the violence stopped she got the whole thing and really liked it.

So I was right! Lola is Madonnas intellect continued and Rocco is her performing side continued! Eat shit to those that mocked me!

Guest Pud Whacker

So I was right! Lola is Madonnas intellect continued and Rocco is her performing side continued! Eat shit to those that mocked me!

:thumbsup:

very evident in I'm Going to Tell You a Secret, too.

:thumbsup:/>

very evident in I'm Going to Tell You a Secret, too.

Yes exactly! I've been saying it since then. Madonna is a very womanly woman but with a boyish side. Watching the interaction between Rocco and Lola in IGTTYAS is almost like watching Madonna having a conversation with herself.

Guest Pud Whacker

Yes exactly! I've been saying it since then. Madonna is a very womanly woman but with a boyish side. Watching the interaction between Rocco and Lola in IGTTYAS is almost like watching Madonna having a conversation with herself.

rocco has always reminded me of MADONNA '87

looks and attitude. xo

Guest SecretGarden

Madonna's analogy about guns is fundamentally true, but it's such a broad statement that the analogy can be extended to anything really (drugs don't kill people, recklessness does etc). I do think regulation is key, make it so only that people who aren't reckless and mentally unstable can obtain guns (and this should extend to law enforcement too, as we all know that a percentage of cops abuse their gun privileges).

I don't think Madonna really thought things through this comment, as with her "Obama is a Muslim" comment that she later said was her being ironic...but I'm of the thought that the use of guns in the MDNA tour wasn't Madonna being political but solely controversial, when her controversies of the past seemed to be a mix of both, all the minor controversies on the MDNA leaned far more toward the latter.

Not that there is anything wrong with that per se, I do believe the message of the MDNA tour (one of acceptance and love) shines through.

I couldn't agree with you more -mainly the ones owned by the Department of Homeland Security.

OMG. are you one of those crazies who believe the gov't is buying up ammunition stockpiles? :laugh:

OMG. are you one of those crazies who believe the gov't is buying up ammunition stockpiles? :laugh:

Please don't feed the animals.

And LONG LIVE that S&S, parted-in-the-middle, wavy hair look :inlove:

:clap:

She looks lovely and fresh but not done

Her S&S throwback is so sweet

Love her eyes here with barely any make up they're still huge and sparkly

Ikr? He reminds me of one of my classmates who was always a complete cunt and was hating my guts, yet at the end of highschool he wrote to me he was in love with me :lmao:

Piers Morgan ‏@piersmorgan 24 Jun

Just when I thought Madonna couldn't possibly annoy me more: http://huff.to/1a5jQAl

Piers_profile_twitter_normal.jpgPiers MorganVerified account@piersmorgan

'Guns don't kill people, people kill people' is the single most stupid statement in the history of the English language.

Why? She's right. I guess it's just his hate towards her again...How pathetic.

I didn't see her say this was the end of the MDNA era. I mean, it obviously is, but was that a different clip?

People are misquoting this. During the premiere Q&A she said "I guess my tour is finally over with" meaning that the film was complete and now shown to the public. I keep hearing fans run with this as an "end of an era" quote and it really wasn't what she said. Anyhow, obviously, without confirmation from Madonna, the MDNA era is indeed complete.