Happy 13th Birthday "The Next Best Thing"

horn

i couldn't believe how shockingly awful it was when I watched it....I was actually amazed

with lines like "I'm cowering behind a flower pot" how could it be anything but awful.

I just rewatched it the other day and it was a total scringefest, especially the first half. Terribly written and of course, the acting was not that great. But, I have to to say that her performance was not a COMPLETE mess. There are a handful of scenes where she's quite natural.

He's leaving me...

Worst decision of her career...coming of Evita.

I agree with this! It killed her actress momentum AND our Ray of Light Tour :(

I never watched many of Madonna's films, but I sat through this one. I was entertained, but in reality it's just an average film. I got the feeling critics viciously tore it apart b/c of you know who was starring in it.

Also, the soundtrack to the film was good. Time Stood Still is one of my top five favorite Madonna songs. Love it!

Guest Xanthium

Horrible movie, great soundtrack. I like American Pie a lot and I absolutely LOVE Time Stood Still. Should've been a single.

"1989 (pushes boobs up) 1999 (drops boobs down).....(looks up forcefully)....(states in a proper English school marm accent) God, please hook me UP..."

:thumbsdown:/>

2008 (pump cheeks up)

sorry i no it's mean but i couldn't resist

The beam of light had one reviewer conclude that 'Madonna must make movies for the same reason

Barbra Streisand still wants to make movies, to have other people say 'You still look good'.'

Otherwise the reviews were kinda okay-ish here...some even said she was adequate.

Not me of course. :fag:

Guest Pud Whacker

interesting that all the fags say she abandoned them after erotica, yet made a major motion picture about homos and AIDS and modern families.

Not doing Chicago for this was THE worst film career decision of her life.

God my mother while seeing the Chicago thing at the Oscars this year even said how Madonna would have been great in that role.

This movie stinks.

It's so dull. Was it meant to be a comedy or a drama comedy? It was laugh free and there was zero tension. I just didn't care what happened to any of them. She was just so flat whereas in Swept Away she was abysmal.

Not doing Chicago for this was THE worst film career decision of her life.

God my mother while seeing the Chicago thing at the Oscars this year even said how Madonna would have been great in that role.

This movie stinks.

It was not her decision leaving Chicago. The director changed and didn't want her.

It was not her decision leaving Chicago. The director changed and didn't want her.

True, but she probably put her foot in it a little. Wasn't this the time she passed up on a RoL tour, Music of the Heart AND Chicago to make this film.

But if she hadn't, I wonder if she'd ever have met Guy?

Well, I really don't care about her movies as an actress. Never did. But I do find her directed movies very interesting because her artistic visions are very interesting.

But Desperately Seeking Susan is THE ONE. I love it. Her scenes, her looks, her outfits, her messed up hair, her lines, her swagga. It's PERFECTION.

Never saw it.

Flop fan! :chuckle:

I liked it at the moment, but I rewatched it a couple of weeks ago and I agree, Swept Away is miles better! :lmao:

But I will always be grateful to this movie for introducing to me to Mandalay :wow: The whole soundtrack is pretty great actually!

I remember going to TNBT in theatres opening night...it was pretty full. Swept Away two years later, was empty....my friend and I saw it back to back and in the second showing, people began to get up and leave after she suddenly falls in love with Pepe after he spent a good 20 minutes beating her ass and degrading her humanity. I have a soft spot for SA, I think she was very natural playing an evil bitch :thumbsup:

No its why she stopped talking to him. :madgemanson:/>

HAHAHAHAHAHA :rotfl:/>

I actually love this film, yes it sucks but its soooo bad its good! The bit in the carwash has got to be Madonna's worst acting scene....EVER

YES! That scene in the carwash is just terrible!

It's not even that bad, it's just incredibly boring. Body Of Evidence is the one that I would call SO bad it's good. :lol:/> Swept Away is just WTF. :huh:/>

For me the worst part of Swept Away is when Madonna and the italian guy seem to be flying and M's wearing those ridiculous glasses! Guy Ritchie should be reaaaally ashamed of this!

Edited by sabrina26

Horrible movie, great soundtrack.

Signed.

For me the worst part of Swept Away is when Madonna and the italian guy seem to be flying and M's wearing those ridiculous glasses! Guy Ritchie should be reaaaally ashamed of this!

OMG! That is my favorite part of that movie. Mostly because it is set to Mazzey Star's "Fade Into You".

TNBT is probably the worst Madonna movie experience ever! A truly B-title, a entirely FAKE movie experience devoid of any charm--Lifetime Movies are better than this! Shame, cos it was Oscar winner John Schlesinger's final film (he made Midnight Cowboy).