M to attend cancer charity event in LA?

BoogieWoogie

http://www.martionii.com/MxJeansOutlet.asp

The fashion show will kick off on May 23th, 2013 and its settings will include an elegant of evening of fine dining at the Taagylan Cultural C omplex in Los Angeles. Several Progressive Rock and Electronica bands will open the evening and continue until the show begins; keynote speakers like Madonna ( American Singer) Anna Wintour, ( Editor, Vogue ), Diane Von Furstenberg( President, CFDA ), Besty Johnson ( Designer ), Teri Agins ( Journalist, The Wall Street Journal ), Suzy Menkes ( Journalist, International Hearald Tribune ), Donna Karen ( Designer ), Carolina Herrera ( Designer )Deborah Christal Young ( Journalist, Fox News ) Nina Garcia ( Fashion Director, Marie Claire ), Ken Downing ( Fashion Director, Neiman Marcus ),Geoff Day ( Director of Communications, Mercedes-Benz ), Linda Fargo ( S.V.P. Women Fashion Director, Bergdorf Goodman).

will be presented and will give a speech to the issues surrounding breast cancer.

This event sounds fantastic and is for a wonderful cause. Makes sense that Madonna will speak as she has been personally touched by breast cancer by losing her mother to the disease as a little child. If I lived in LA, I would love to go to this event.

Has her dad had the all OK with his cancer? Its all been quite private (I suppose its none of our business) We didnt really find out how Elsie died, even though she was almost 100 years old.

Ughh M's going to be emotional. I wish her all the love in the world.

Has her dad had the all OK with his cancer? Its all been quite private (I suppose its none of our business) We didnt really find out how Elsie died, even though she was almost 100 years old.

Ughh M's going to be emotional. I wish her all the love in the world.

losing her mother to cancer and her father having cancer now.. horrible :( she'll probably make a moving and inspiring speech.

Has her dad had the all OK with his cancer? Its all been quite private (I suppose its none of our business) We didnt really find out how Elsie died, even though she was almost 100 years old. Ughh M's going to be emotional. I wish her all the love in the world.

There was something mentioned in a tabloid years ago, right? Was there ever any confirmation?

Her dad currently has cancer? Was there any other mention of that?

I am surprised that M hasn't been more at the forefront of cancer research (as a celeb endorser obliviously) seeing as though cancer impacted her life far more than even AIDS.

I am surprised that M hasn't been more at the forefront of cancer research (as a celeb endorser obliviously) seeing as though cancer impacted her life far more than even AIDS.

I'd agree but I wouldnt say suprised, she's lost 2/3/4 (maybe more) of the biggest people out of her life from AIDS. even ex dancers.

I dont like talking about the diesease it gets me upset so ill back out but I guess M thought she could make more of a difference supporting something that not many people supported. She saw it first hand, when it was called 'the gay cancer'. She lost her mom to cancer then her lets say 'gay' parents to the new gay cancer, different spellings of it doesnt change her broken heart.

There was something mentioned in a tabloid years ago, right? Was there ever any confirmation?

Her dad currently has cancer? Was there any other mention of that?

I dont know Lou to be honest, it was all in the press but then fizzled out. I dont even know if she went to her nans funeral (wasnt there a story they had 2 funerals?). Its all a news blackout. Its the same as Silvios job, he was supposed to be design engineer for Chrysler/General Motors but there are other stories that he had his finger on the nuclear button. M likes to keep a lot to herself.

She almost lost an entire generation of friends 2 the disease, not 2 mention

the political & social struggle.

Madonna has donated a lot privately, 4 cancer charities etc.. .

I don't know if the stories about M's Dad having cancer were true or not .. but I saw him last summer at the winery and then again at MDNA in Detroit in November and he seemed and looked totally fine. He still works out in the vineyards every day it seems. Some of these Ciccones and their work ethic, I tell ya :lol:

I am in no way diminishing the impact AIDS had on her life, there is no question that it most certainly has and it is an incredibly important cause that she has been fearless and at the forefront of (during the epidemic years), I am just saying, I can not recall her public involvement in any high profile cancer awareness campaigns or events, namely breast cancer, as it was the form of the disease that took her mother from her, the single most traumatic event of her life....something that still effects her to this day, decades later.