Roger Waters is coming for her Sticky and Sweet record, isn't he?

Apples388

anyway, i'm a Pink Floyd stan and the reason they never reunite is because Waters/Gilmour had problems since forever (and now Wright is dead, so bye bye reunion) the point is, i dont think Waters has any choice if Gilmour doesnt want to tour, what are you going to do? Pink Floyd legacy is amazing and i find it great that i still have the opportunity to see it live even if its only 1 of them. I dont want M to lose her record but at least she is not losing to a disgusting twat like smelton or Gaga, and i'm pretty sure she'll claim it back sooner or later

finally, one PF fan!! :laugh: but i have to say i don't like too much these kind of operations.... didn't see the concert bt it was the same old idea...he's milking the wall thing since forever, nothing new... (well, good for him, it still works)

Speaking of people chasing the S&S record or even just surpassing MDNA, Bruce Springsteen has another 35 gigs in 2013 of his Wrecking Ball Tour. He's making an average $2.3m per show (vs Madonna's $3.6m) and the tour now stands at $204m which means that when completed it should be at around $290m

Which means he will have raked in slightly less than Madonna's MDNA but doing a total of 121 shows vs MDNA's 88 gigs. Wrecking Ball started in March 2012 and is due to wrap up in September this year

Speaking of people chasing the S&S record or even just surpassing MDNA, Bruce Springsteen has another 35 gigs in 2013 of his Wrecking Ball Tour. He's making an average $2.3m per show (vs Madonna's $3.6m) and the tour now stands at $204m which means that when completed it should be at around $290m

Which means he will have raked in slightly less than Madonna's MDNA but doing a total of 121 shows vs MDNA's 88 gigs. Wrecking Ball started in March 2012 and is due to wrap up in September this year

:clap:

Just to put in things in perspective :wow:

Why do people think that it's so important that record? It only achieved those levels because Madonna did a second leg for the very first time. Of course LOADS of people went to the tour, but I don't think that tour did any cultural impact or is known by anybody who is not a very hard fan.

:clap:

Just to put in things in perspective :wow:

:chuckle:

Even if Roger Waters will surpass S&S solo record I don't think he would have achieved anything truly remarkable to boast about. And much less diminish Sticky's overall value 3 years ago or ever. I mean give me a break he's not even at $400m yet and has already played 192 shows since 30 fucking months AGO!!

$4.9m x 192 shows would make Sticky's hypothetical current total a cool $921,600,000

huh? only known by hard fans? seriously?

You can debate it's impact but not its success. Tons of non fans know about it. It didn't make over $400M for nothing!

Why do people think that it's so important that record? It only achieved those levels because Madonna did a second leg for the very first time. Of course LOADS of people went to the tour, but I don't think that tour did any cultural impact or is known by anybody who is not a very hard fan.

Technically and commercially speaking that isn't true

Madonna tours' success, among other factors, is measurable based on the fact that she has a considerably higher average gross per show. The only exception so far is U2 with that 360 Tour in particular since they could utilise the stadium better due to the stage layout (and let's even omit that they still played 30 gigs more than Madonna did with S&S) If Springsteen, Bon Jovi, Waters or anybody else who isn't U2 or Rolling Stones limited themselves to a "mere" 85 gigs vs their custom average 160-gig + runs they could forget about getting to half of Sticky's total! Unfortunately (or fortunately?) Madonna, albeit being a top professional and being super fit for any age, does a type of show that wouldn't allow her to carry on for more than 80-90 gigs as we've seen with her last 2 touring ventures.

I still say that with her healthy lifestyle, determination, professionalism and stamina 10 years from now we'll be sitting here commenting on her Boxscore figures and how she will have left all the others eating her dust. I mean Rolling Stones will be 80 ten years from now and that U2 Claw gimmick was nice but you can only pull it for so long (plus they didn't even break even with the costs after playing half of those dates)

Your second assertion about Sticky not having been appreciated is subjective and debatable, I've met many people who are not fans at all or casual at best who said that it was the best concert experience of their lives

And sweetie I really enjoy your input and ravings in other sections of the forum but if you expect people on a Madonna board not to celebrate when she does well and she does well pretty consistently you're missing the point about having a board about Madonna in the first place.

Of course none of us has won a lottery by pointing out how much money she made or is still making at this stage in her life and career but as fans it's nice to say wow congratulations Madonna 30 years on, considering several evaluation factors, you're still doing better than the rest of the pack, older or younger they may.

Still have nothing but appreaciation and love :kiss2:

huh? only known by hard fans? seriously?

You can debate it's impact but not its success. Tons of non fans know about it. It didn't make over $400M for nothing!

Thank you

And sweetie I really enjoy your input and ravings in other sections of the forum but if you expect people on a Madonna board not to celebrate when she does well and she does well pretty consistently you're missing the point about having a board about Madonna in the first place.

Of course none of us has won a lottery by pointing out how much money she made or is still making at this stage in her life and career but as fans it's nice to say wow congratulations Madonna 30 years on, considering several evaluation factors, you're still doing better than the rest of the pack, older or younger they may.

Still have nothing but appreaciation and love :kiss2:

Oh please, it's not like that. I do celebrate many things about Madonna. I even celebrated Celebration and sing "celebrate" from the top of my lungs when I play 'Holiday'. What i meant is that those records are something that in the end aren't that important. I mean, BAT is one of the most iconic tours from all time and i don't think is less important because it sold less than S&S. If Madonna embarks on a tour for a whole year, she will sell more than S&S but what's the point?

One thing is True!

This show was her most uninspired and boring.

Will u ever stop opening your dirty mouth to talk bullshit?

And even if Madonna added a second leg still the Stcky had a short itinerary compared to other "long" tour.

No other act (bar U2) could achieve that in such short period of time.

Look at Ugline Dion for example and her top tour to date: more than 125 dates, all the continents visited( Europe, Usa, AustralAsia,South Africa) etc and just a 260 mil gross.

So all hail to QueenDONNA.

Edited by Her Madgesty

I've met many people who are not fans at all or casual at best who said that it was the best concert experience of their lives

this will most likely be the comment when she comes to Manila... no one will ever stage a spectacle like her tours...

One thing is True!

This show was her most uninspired and boring.

To me that title goes to Reinvention by a long mile...she looked uninspired and bored.

S&S was Madonna having fun on stage, just dancing around, smiling and enjoying herself...not everything has to be theatrical or dramatic. I always compare the S&S tour to the Who's that girl Tour(wich i LOVE!).

To me that title goes to Reinvention by a long mile...she looked uninspired and bored.

S&S was Madonna having fun on stage, just dancing around, smiling and enjoying herself...not everything has to be theatrical or dramatic. I always compare the S&S tour to the Who's that girl Tour(wich i LOVE!).

Exactly! Even though I prefer MDNA, SHE was amazing during S&S especially compared to something like RIT. Not EVERY tour has to be a DWT, BA or MDNA!! In fact, it's great she mixes it up.

Guest pedrohdi

Technically and commercially speaking that isn't true

Madonna tours' success, among other factors, is measurable based on the fact that she has a considerably higher average gross per show. The only exception so far is U2 with that 360 Tour in particular since they could utilise the stadium better due to the stage layout (and let's even omit that they still played 30 gigs more than Madonna did with S&S) If Springsteen, Bon Jovi, Waters or anybody else who isn't U2 or Rolling Stones limited themselves to a "mere" 85 gigs vs their custom average 160-gig + runs they could forget about getting to half of Sticky's total! Unfortunately (or fortunately?) Madonna, albeit being a top professional and being super fit for any age, does a type of show that wouldn't allow her to carry on for more than 80-90 gigs as we've seen with her last 2 touring ventures.

I still say that with her healthy lifestyle, determination, professionalism and stamina 10 years from now we'll be sitting here commenting on her Boxscore figures and how she will have left all the others eating her dust. I mean Rolling Stones will be 80 ten years from now and that U2 Claw gimmick was nice but you can only pull it for so long (plus they didn't even break even with the costs after playing half of those dates)

Your second assertion about Sticky not having been appreciated is subjective and debatable, I've met many people who are not fans at all or casual at best who said that it was the best concert experience of their lives

I love you ;) And I think that the most boring and uninspired tour of them all was Re-Invention. It's my least favourite.

I guess I'm just mad at how bad the DVD and CD turned to be... Those pre vocals and her crow screaming sounds between songs, and those awful performances of Candy Shop, bordeline, Heartbeat, 4 minutes :snore:

Well i agree with you on that, hate the pre-recorded vocals on the dvd, it totally killed the stadium-like mood if you know what i mean.

Vocally it's probably one of her worst tours but i much rather have the crow vocals than the pre recorded ones, and like i said before, seeing her on stage smiling and jumping and really enjoying the show, more than makes up for the crappy vocals, and she looked amazing imho!

Oh please, it's not like that. I do celebrate many things about Madonna. I even celebrated Celebration and sing "celebrate" from the top of my lungs when I play 'Holiday'. What i meant is that those records are something that in the end aren't that important. I mean, BAT is one of the most iconic tours from all time and i don't think is less important because it sold less than S&S. If Madonna embarks on a tour for a whole year, she will sell more than S&S but what's the point?

I agree with this ish I do have to say!

Not to mention that for us South Americans S&S was the first tour we saw live after 15 years, so most of people at least in Buenos Aires, have great memories of S&S, I mean four shows here, a LOT of people went and remember it as the best concert experience. A lot of non fans I've talked to that went to MDNA said they did like S&S better because it was way more dancey and fun. I think MDNA was her best one ever and S&S doesn't even get into the podium, but what I'm trying to say is a whole lot of people in South America (which happens to be now a growing market) remember fondly the S&S, for most of us it was the first time ever seeing her live.