How would you plan her next tour itinerary? (let's pretend we're LN execs)

Apples388

Right, so let us assume that you are going to be working on Madonna's 2014/2015 World Tour in support of her forthcoming album, at present titled simple M13.

How would you plan her next tour itinerary?

Which areas / regions / cities / countries etc. would you focus on?

Would you go a similar route she went for MDNA tour (Asia / Europe / North America / South America)?

When would you start the tour and when would you end it?

1 or 2 legs?

Australia - yes or no?

Stadiums vs arenas - which countries?

Which areas do you feel have become over saturated? Which ones are undersaturated? Would you emphasise her power markets or capitalise on other oneS?

Would you plan the tour kick-off with the album launch and focus again on the NTP CIRCUIT (she already has 18 nominations for the NTP Awards 2013) or would you revert to traditional promo and then tour?

Let's play pretend and strategise! And maybe Guy O will listen!

I would start in Australia, maybe do New Zealand too. Then Asia. India. That kind of area. I think she should have gaps between.

Stadiums there.

Arenas in Europe.

I wish I could type more but I can't be arsed on my iphone.

I'll just agree with whatever SUEDE says.

I also like dark hair please . Just for a change.

No? Fuck you.

I think she should shake things up for the next tour. So here is how I am planning it:

Album release: November 2014

Tour kick off: January 2015

January: Australia

February: Japan, Tel Aviv, Abu Dhabi

March - May: Europe

June - September: Canada, USA

Tour end in USA. Possible South American leg pencilled for 2016. If not, they will have to miss out.

I would start in Australia, maybe do New Zealand too. Then Asia. India. That kind of area. I think she should have gaps between.

Stadiums there.

Arenas in Europe.

I wish I could type more but I can't be arsed on my iphone.

I'll just agree with whatever SUEDE says.

I also like dark hair please . Just for a change.

No? Fuck you.

Yes Roo! See my post below! That's exactly what I was thinking - start the tour in Australia otherwise she'll never get her ass down there.

And maybe we can finally have our noted "Rescue Me" / "Ray of Light" segue in the Whore of Babylon 2015 Tour!!!

I think she needs to do a whole month in Australia (arenas plus stadiums). The tour should rehearse and kick off there. She needs to spend a lot of time there.

After that, I think SE Asia, followed by Japan.

Then U.S. (including a stop in Hawaii on the way back from Japan), Canada, and Puerto Rico.

I think a skeleton leg in Central & South America as demand has obviously dropped. She should do some new places though - Venezuela and Peru.

END in Europe with arenas. No stadium shows, unless it is one or two.

That's nice dear but I don't think she'll be able to sell out 2 nights straight at Wembley stadium full capacity! :nocomment:

Oh right, I just meant those markets, not exactly the same venues.

Come 2 think of it, I think Europe need a DWT type itinerary.

Back 2 the days of 7 dates at Bercy etc... :inlove:

Yay for Hawaii with special guest on INTO THE HOLLYWOOD GROOVE, noted man eater and wearer of fetching denim ensembles squeezing through the stage recreating this item of ICONICA

D01CCD35-1986-4E3A-8DB7-796DC544500F-7244-000003D9E82AA01E.jpg

402103A4-74E7-4510-A730-EEA8C4387EFD-7244-000003D9F83D0C41.jpg

B292E892-8D4A-4498-BE8E-BBB3AAD1CF12-7244-000003DA03167F74.jpg

Which areas / regions / cities / countries etc. would you focus on?

Europe/Two Americas/Australia/Asia (Japan, China, Taiwan, Singapoure etc).

Would you go a similar route she went for MDNA tour (Asia / Europe / North America / South America)?

No, better start Australia then Asia then North America then South then Europe.

When would you start the tour and when would you end it?

Depends when the album is released. If late 2013 the tour could start in September/October 2014 so that she has time to promote TRADITIONALLY the album. If released in Feb/March 2014 - tour should start in December 2014.

1 or 2 legs?

1 with breaks of 2-3 weeks between continents.

Australia - yes or no?

yes.

Stadiums vs arenas - which countries?

Stadium in countries she never visited or hasnt visited for over 10 years. Arenas elsewhere.

Which areas do you feel have become over saturated?

Europe.

Which ones are undersaturated?

Australia, Asia.

Would you emphasise her power markets or capitalise on other oneS?

Emphasize on markets she hasnt visited for a while/never visited.

Would you plan the tour kick-off with the album launch and focus again on the NTP CIRCUIT (she already has 18 nominations for the NTP Awards 2013) or would you revert to traditional promo and then tour?

Traditional promo THEN tour (moneymaking).

I'd prefer for the next stage tour to start 3-4 months after the album has been released. The album itself should be preceded by at least two singles, as well as a handful of TV performances leading up to the album release. In the month following the album release, Madonna should do a handful of club/theatre gigs, the first of which should be webcast live.

The next tour itinerary should definitely feature not only Australia and Japan, where Madonna hasn't performed since 1993 and 2006, respectively, but also New Zealand and South East Asia, where she has never performed. If the promo tour doesn't visit Australia, I'd definitely kick off the stage tour there.

For selfish reasons, I would prefer for the European leg to come as soon as possible, as that would allow me to see her sooner without having so travel ;-) - but considering the fact that Madonna has toured Europe three times in the past 5 years, completely oversaturated most European markets, I think it would make more sense to end the tour in Europe.

In total, the tour should have about the same number of shows as S&S and MDNA, but with less shows in Europe and North America, and a break of at least 2-3 weeks after each leg.

You know I don't give a fuck what people say I want tv promo first.

X Factor. Idol. Whatever. ITV should do a special with her (not an audience with tho as I've said before I'd love to see Corries DIERDRE and EMILY grooving along) maye something like Gary Barlow did at the Apollo. A small arena gig soug some classics and new songs .

Good chat show to see her warmth and humour with a performance.

Then do a tour. Do it like Confessions. It's only been te last two tours she's done so soon after the album.

*Niki Harris might fly*

haha maybe but thats my dream scenario, ok instead of that omg Madonna could host some charity thing with significant leaders, she actually has the star power to do it

I was talking about your whole post - a lot of hard work :lol: + I don't know how much time she has for charity with that schedule.

Oh, and 5 singles? :1251:

Look at JOANNE.

Bitch is only 27 and needs a breather between every leg of the tour. Tho that may also be BURGER related

If Madonna could do a 7 month back to back tour with one weeks break she can defo do a year tour with a month in between legs

But isn't that a bit much? We all know she gets bored quickly (I guess she couldn't wait for MDNAT to end, as much as she says she likes to perform). And then add a couple of months of rehearsals...Idk, I think this is the last time we see Madonna on tour for 7 consecutive months. She's not getting younger...or is she? :wow:

But you all want her to visit Australasia, Asia, Europe, N&S America, then how could she do that in under 7 months?

AND lokking fabulous while visiting museums! :rotfl:

hahaha whats wrong with that, I enjoy the pics of Madonna out and about, or would you rather no sightings at all! We all died when we saw her when she visited Hard Candy in Moscow..

I'm with you on this one! I just thought really funny the way you putted.

:inlove:

But you all want her to visit Australasia, Asia, Europe, N&S America, then how could she do that in under 7 months?

She could tour S.America, Australia&NZ and SE Asia in January-March, then a 4 month break and then Europe + N.America in August-November.

Or something :laugh:

Starting and Rehearsing in Australia: Perth 2x, Melbourne 2x, Sydney 3 x = 7 shows

then

Asia:

Hong Kong 1x, Thailand 1 x, Japan (Tokyo, Osaka) 2 - 3 x = 5 shows

Middle East: Tel Aviv 1 x , Abu Dhabi 2 x = 3 shows

Europe: Istanbul 2 x, Milan 2 x, Paris 2 x, Barcelona 2 x, Frankfurt 1x, Berlin 2 x, London 2 x, Moscow 1x, St. Petersburg 1x, Amsterdam 2 x = 17 shows

North America/ Canada

then Mexiko

Venezuela, Colombia, Brasil, Chile, Argentine

Over all: Stadiums and Arenas mixed.

I really think that for the next tour she should lay off the extensive European itinerary and lay off playing in those awful make-shift venues in Europe which have all contributed to the lack of demand and oversaturation and in a way loss of reputation as a live performer.

She will of course play Europe but I think it should be focused on the big cities (which are easily commutable because EUROPE IS TINY) and big stadiums. I know the fans want arenas but that simply will not happen. However, instead of playing shitty big venues (hello Hyde Park :bad:/> ), just focus on the big fantabulous stadiums like Wembley in London, Stade de France in Paris, etc. So maybe just target the major city hubs in Europe and target the big stadia to maximise the money and minimise the number of shows and time she has to spend there. So, something like the Drowned World Tour Europe itinerary - but instead of arenas, just stadiums (so 1 show for each 4-5 shows and there you have it.)

That way she can actually do Australasia justice.