Koln, Germany, 10 July

magom

So nobady is commented on this date???? Not even a topic?

LOL germany is soooo not into Madonna these days

Just back from the show!!!!! Would have opened a thread if I could! OMG, it was incredible. Words cannot describe. I've been to the DWT, CT & S&S before and let me tell you: This was the best thing she has ever done on stage!!! For real. The opening gave me chills. All that blood during GANG BANG. Jesus Christ! And all those dancers with the sound of cracking bones during the BEST FRIEND interlude. Freaked me out! People, you could have warned me! Kind of made me sick in my stomach! (Usually, I'm not that sensitive but it's just a very visceral show). God, those YouTube clips don't do that show justice AT ALL.

My favourite moment, hands down: LIKE A fucking VIRGIN. The way she has reinvented that song is pure genius and pierced my heart. How does she do it time and again? By the time she sang LIKE A PRAYER she had the whole arena eating out of the palm of her hand. And then CELEBRATION and - bam! - it over! God, I'm still flashed.

Oh, and one more funny thing. Before launching into the song MASTERPIECE she said something like: "And now I'm going to sing a love song. While my armpits are sweating" Don't remeber exactly, but it was hilarious. That's it, I'm spent. Good Night! :)

Just back from the show!!!!! Would have opened a thread if I could! OMG, it was incredible. Words cannot describe. I've been to the DWT, CT & S&S before and let me tell you: This was the best thing she has ever done on stage!!! For real. The opening gave me chills. All that blood during GANG BANG. Jesus Christ! And all those dancers with the sound of cracking bones during the BEST FRIEND interlude. Freaked me out! People, you could have warned me! Kind of made me sick in my stomach! (Usually, I'm not that sensitive but it's just a very visceral show). God, those YouTube clips don't do that show justice AT ALL.

My favourite moment, hands down: LIKE A fucking VIRGIN. The way she has reinvented that song is pure genius and pierced my heart. How does she do it time and again? By the time she sang LIKE A PRAYER she had the whole arena eating out of the palm of her hand. And then CELEBRATION and - bam! - it over! God, I'm still flashed.

Oh, and one more funny thing. Before launching into the song MASTERPIECE she said something like: "And now I'm going to sing a love song. While my armpits are sweating" Don't remeber exactly, but it was hilarious. That's it, I'm spent. Good Night! :)

Great review. Where were you in the venue?

well!!! I go to Paris the day after tomorrow!!! witha little bit of luck I´ll have a few pictures, at least about the crowd!!

What kind of tickets do you have for SDF? GC?

What kind of tickets do you have for SDF? GC?

I was there too . Fab. Got lucky and was chosen in the queue for the Golden triangle.

Alquemist , she said before singing Masterpiece :" it's hard to sing about love when you're elbow is sweating like this " not exactly but more like it me thinks ;)

Is it just me or are the few songs that were lip-synced now slowly turning into live vocals. She started off with the back-track to gang bang getting lower and her mic was louder, then revolver starting sounding more live, and now Celebration's first verse is definitely live. I don't blame her for the rest as its the end and it's extremely taxing on her vocals considering all the dates.

I'm so happy she did this cause it was unlike her to mime so many songs. Now the only fully lipped songs (IMO) are Vogue and Girl Gone Wild and GMAYL, with Revolver and Celebration having some backing as well as Gang Bang using a track she sings over. Turn Up has the lowest backing track vocals, which is made clear when she puts the mic to the audience and you her album track vocals but there really low.

GGW is not fully mimed. She's singing w some vocal effects it seems, look at some of the pro-footage at some of the shows & sometimes she's off, especially when she sings "like a girl gohhn WAAAHHLLDD" :lol: I don't know if she does it differently depending on the night (meaning that some nights it's more her live than others, or you can hear her voice louder & the backing less). Revolver has a vocoder. GMAYL has a mix where she sings over a loud backing track, lips parts, & sings others, I think Carta talked about this about the shows he went to.

GGW is not fully mimed. She's singing w some vocal effects it seems, look at some of the pro-footage at some of the shows & sometimes she's off, especially when she sings "like a girl gohhn WAAAHHLLDD" :lol: I don't know if she does it differently depending on the night (meaning that some nights it's more her live than others, or you can hear her voice louder & the backing less). Revolver has a vocoder. GMAYL has a mix where she sings over a loud backing track, lips parts, & sings others, I think Carta talked about this at the shows he went to.

You're right. I forgot about the WAAAAHHHLLLDD parts. Lol it does seem like it alters a bit depending on the show and also her back-up singers must help level her out. I created a new topic about it. Feel free to elaborate there.

She looks wonderful in Celebration. The hair down, cute ass, her bopping around. I can't get enough :dramatic:

We were in section 206 in the lower levels on a level with the tip of the triangle. That was our view:

img4612p.jpg

Man, I'm still on a MDNA high. So many details of this amazing show that keep popping up in my mind throughout the day.

Edited by alquemist

I was there too . Fab. Got lucky and was chosen in the queue for the Golden triangle.

Alquemist , she said before singing Masterpiece :" it's hard to sing about love when you're elbow is sweating like this " not exactly but more like it me thinks ;)

Yeah, I think you're right. I've got a crap memory for those things. Here's another little story from the Cologne concert. Right after having exposed half of her bottom to the tip of the triangle, there was this funny little incident. She said something like:

"Thank you.

(longer Pause, massive cheering from the audience)

For not smoking.... I love to live dangerously,

but I don't like cigarette smoke in the air around me."

Just paraphrasing, don't rember exactly.

Don't you just love her sense of humor?

[media=]

[/media]

CELEBRATION was awesome as a closer.

Gonna post some pictures later, where you can see all the impressive rays of light that filled the stadium.

What does she say @5:52???

"Thank you, you ............... people"?

Edited by alquemist