What happened to those stupid gyms?

karbatal

It probably is and I never said it definitely wasn't. Point is we don't know, we can only assume. But I can't imagine Madonna is going to sign a contract that gives her a lump sum and allows them to do whatever they want whenever they want with her "brand" where she is obligated to promote and endorse it and then make no additional profit. It is business partnership. I'm doubtful they can exploit her name however they want just to make their money back. (Which they will surely do on touring alone anyway.)

I don't think that either, Madonna would never do something she didn't want to do. She signed a contract, she's not a SLAVE. I was just making the point that all these endorsements and wheeling out of various products is in most likelihood tied to her contract.

Yeah Lucky Guy I hate to join the chorus but the fact that you find time to post post post about Rihanna's sausage legs, Vigilant Citizen, Liz Rosenberg's bunny ears theory, and Madonna's Live Nation contract - all on the daily - but no time to listen to Madonna's BRAND NEW STUDIO ALBUM... it's all a bit bizarre. It's not so much that you're obligated to hear the album (do what you want!) it just calls into question why you are even on this board if Madonna's music is that much of an afterthought for you, yet here you are dissecting your 4 favorite topics over and over.

No, I'm hoping and thinking it will be good (a couple of tracks excluded) and looking forward to getting it. But certainly not getting any closer to doing so because anyone thinks that's what I should do. I've been posting here since 2006. If you don't like my posts, and/or don't think I belong here, ban me -I'm not the type to re-register under another name. I'd like to stay, but I'll get over it, and I'm sure you will too. :)

I don't even know if this is the place to open this can of worms or not.....but LG, based on what you've seen of this era so far....do you think she's more "entangled" in it than ever??

I've just read some crazy things this era that I never have read before but then again I wasn't really paying attention before. I don't necessarily believe everything I read about it but I do find it interesting to read how some interpret her more recent ventures (and old stuff too...starting with the jacket in DSS really). The analysis of the Super Bowl performance I found....interesting to say the least.

Anyways, my whole point of this post is, maybe perhaps that's why you've avoided the album?? Are you afraid of what you might hear!? :lol:

I don't necessarily believe everything I read about it but I do find it interesting to read how some interpret her more recent ventures (and old stuff too...starting with the jacket in DSS really). The analysis of the Super Bowl performance I found....interesting to say the least.

Sorry to interrupt but Kurt are you referring to the Mark Dice video on YT about the Superbowl?

Sorry to interrupt but Kurt are you referring to the Mark Dice video on YT about the Superbowl?

I'm not sure if it's that one specifically but there are few floating out there I think. I'm more so referencing an article I read that went into deep detail about the SB performance....the symbolism behind it...how none of it was coincidence. Even the lights during LAP had a purpose apparently. Oddly enough, they say she was representing "Isis" in one of the articles! You know anything about that Isis!? :lol:

Again....I'm not saying I believe any of it, I just find it interesting.

No, I'm hoping and thinking it will be good (a couple of tracks excluded) and looking forward to getting it. But certainly not getting any closer to doing so because anyone thinks that's what I should do. I've been posting here since 2006. If you don't like my posts, and/or don't think I belong here, ban me -I'm not the type to re-register under another name. I'd like to stay, but I'll get over it, and I'm sure you will too. :)

I hope nobody bans here. Lucky Guy is a very nice chap (any other would be ranting because of the answers to his explaining why he didn't buy the album) and always make interesting points of views (that may be different, but all the same, they are at least new ideas that aren't like "Madonna was pretty in You Can Dance" and all that).

So, if he didn't want to buy the album, it's HIS business.

Yeah the whole gym thing was boring but at least they didn't effect the 'Hardy Candy' era, really, like W/E has done for MDNA (The gyms came after Hardy Candy proper, whereas W/E came just b4 MDNA).

I'm also one of the few who despised the whole Evita era. M's movies getting in the way annoy me more than gyms, clothes and perfumes for some reason.

I remember year ago she said she lost money on tours and got the money back via video and merchandise. Obviously, things have changed but the tour will still cost millions to stage so after all the bills have been paid, she won't be walking away with hundreds of millions of pounds.

This is an interesting comment bc I've been wondering lately how much M really makes on these tours or, more to the point, moving stages all over the world MUST COST A FORTUNE; mind-boggling, really. Still, my OPINION is that she's been in the game too long to not know general costs beforehand and figures that in. She's not gonna spend a year and half of hard labor doing these shows to not walk away w/ a tidy fortune.

Going broke on tours is Lady Reductive territory LOL ok back on topic.

• 2 months later...

Addicted to Sweat DVD's coming soon. Based on the sites description, for me anyway, this could be EPIC! I always knew Madonna's music/dance style/remixes of her music/her entire discography was perfect music to inspire cardio and weight training work. Her lyrics are uplifting and it would be such a joy as a fan to be part of such a class or do the DVD's at home. This woman is a money-making machine. Count me in on the DVD's while I wait for Hard Candy fitness NYC!

It's by her new fitness trainer, not her!

I don't care who it is, I love to dance and I love to workout. Anyone who hates this is just one of those fans who hates anything but her making music. This sounds like fun.

They should open a gym here, I would go to it!

It's going to be pricy but it looks well worth it from the amenities and the pictures and classes you can get. I don't know why these things take so long but I'm guessing we're not getting one any time soon in NYC.

She just realized every popstar out there was building their own little empire and she wasn't.

Even Jessica Simpson has her own. :(

The woman who made pop music a business for others to follow was too busy focusing on her artistry. Oh the irony. :lmao:

Jessica's shoes are everything. :sassy: Besides, not like the whole pop star side was working out for her. :rotfl:

I would actually pay the price! Those gyms look amazing! I would love to go!

I'm glad cause It seems that most of the people on here hate the whole gym venture. I definitely prefer her focusing on her music/touring career but judging from the classes and pictures of the gym, it all somehow cohesively fits in with everything Madonna's stood for in her entire career about dance, fitness, having fun and fusing it all with dance music. Oh and of course cashing in the big bucks! I just wish we had a solid idea of how much these gym memberships would cost.

They got renamed to the Madonna Gay Crusing Centers and Bathhouses and are doing splendidly with those trying to blow off steam after a negative Roger Friedman article.

I've got good news about that, apparently Roger was fired from Forbes, his profile is still on the Forbes page but all his articles are GONE :)

• 4 weeks later...

Can you guys PLEASE go to to Hard Candy Fitness's facebook and share the latest post. We need 1,000 shares to get the trailer to the Addicted to Sweat DVD series and we barely have 200!!!! Please!