Viagogo tickets - dodgy?

Apples388

I have 2 more friends who want to come to Hyde Park (Gold Circle) with me and even though you can't pull any on Ticketmaster, there are (apparently) over 1,000 GC tickets still for sale on Viagogo (which you get directed to from Madonna.com)

What's going on there? Has anyone ever bought tickets through Viagogo?

I've bought my London Hyde Park ticket from Viagogo.

Viagogo is the official secondary partner. There's a deal between Madonna, Live Nation and Viagogo. Many national and international A-list acts are using Viagogo to market their tickets. Obviously the artists get a slice of the pie at the end of it all. Fans who want to re-sell their tickets at a higher than face-value price can and fans who didn't get the chance to buy the ticket from the first sale are able to get one. It's a common route these days in the touring industry to restrain the practice of scalping and to basically allow artists and their managements to get a further cut of the action. I bought mine for £180 and I am sure the experience is going to be worth every penny :thumbsup:

viagogo, it´s legal, and you´ll have the ticket they sell...that said, it´s a huge robbery! they charge you for tickets incredible amounts of money!!! and they are all related to ticketmaster!!!I´m sure they have people buying tickets just to sell them wayyyyyyyy more expensive later!

that said, my ticket, the one that I have for paris is still the same price, well, not mine, but the ones, in my zone, so I guess they are not doing very well with the sales...

anyways, avoid viagogo if you can...

But why are there so many weird prices?

Because it depends on the amount of money the ticket-holder re-selling their ticket asks for it and on top of that you must add the percentage Viagogo gets (part of which goes into Madonna's pockets essentially). This is just another aspect of the business.

When I was searching for my ticket you could get GC tickets for Hyde Park ranging from around £200 to £3000 which is absurd if you consider that the product you might end up buying is exactly the same: a Golden Circle standing ticket. I found it odd though that you can't get an Early Access GC ticket being re-sold there. Maybe coz people who got hold of them are the hardcore fans who bought them for themselves and not with the intention of re-selling them at an inflated price.

Do not buy from Viagogo. The people on there are thieves.

They sell tickets at huge profits plus you'll get charged extra by viagogo and shipping. Not worth it.

Some dutch idiot sold me his tickets for Paris, the site stated they were standing floor tickets. they turned out to be nosebleed seats way in the back of the stadium. Tried calling viagogo but they are no help at all.

Never using that site again. :thumbsdown:

When I was searching for my ticket you could get GC tickets for Hyde Park ranging from around £200 to £3000 which is absurd if you consider that the product you might end up buying is exactly the same: a Golden Circle standing ticket. I found it odd though that you can't get an Early Access GC ticket being re-sold there. Maybe coz people who got hold of them are the hardcore fans who bought them for themselves and not with the intention of re-selling them at an inflated price.

For most venues, the Early Access tickets have to be collected from the venue itself, so they can't be re-sold.

I was considering buying Yas Arena Abu Dhabi tix from them but I went to Madonna.com and it directed me to the UAE ticketmaster . My tickets were sent via email with barcodes and they said to these were actual tickets .

there was a television program in the UK about the ticketing scams etc...

Viagogo was heavily mentioned - they use multiple credit card accounts to purchase the tickets and then resell them on at a profit via the viagogo website. there are legitimate people trying to resell their tickets but a lot of the resellers on the wesbite are actually employees of viagogo.

all tickets that havent sold - they try to sell them at really discounted rates nearer/or on the day of the concert - and many many end up being destroyed or wasted.

i would never purchase tickets via that wesbite or any other secondary sources after watchin that program

there was a television program in the UK about the ticketing scams etc...

Viagogo was heavily mentioned - they use multiple credit card accounts to purchase the tickets and then resell them on at a profit via the viagogo website. there are legitimate people trying to resell their tickets but a lot of the resellers on the wesbite are actually employees of viagogo.

all tickets that havent sold - they try to sell them at really discounted rates nearer/or on the day of the concert - and many many end up being destroyed or wasted.

i would never purchase tickets via that wesbite or any other secondary sources after watchin that program

after what has happened with the tickets in this tour, that it´s impossible to choose the really good ones (at least in barcelona), I´m thinking on buying tickets a few days earlier than the show next time...

I loathe those cunts so much, that is like a last resort if you have no tickets, SKY HIGH prices. I was dismayed when this tour was going to be associated with those robbing bastards. I haven't bought anything off them, mainly cause it was never feasible. They were the only place that sold (post sell out) Morrissey in Hawick tickets as well. :grr:

• 1 month later...

Guys halo i am dimos from Greece.first of all sorry for my English are not very good.

I am a big Madonna fan and am gonna travel to Italy (Milan) to see her...with my friends.

But we have a big problem.we have ordered our tickets from that damned site viagogo.com on February.

4 tickets.

they sent one and we are waiting for the other three.

but the problem is that the concert is going to happen in two weeks and we are going to apart from Greece on 12 June..

I am a little bit anxious now..

I have read all this horror stories for this site and i don't know what to do.(people who never get their tickets in time etc..)

I have sent them mails but still no answer...

My friends are going to kill me..

Anyone here in same situation?

A good advice or something?

Again sorry for my terrible English

Guest Fukujima

do you know how lond it will take for them to send the tickets?? i bought a golden circle ticket for Hyde Park in April but i still have not receive it

do you know how lond it will take for them to send the tickets?? i bought a golden circle ticket for Hyde Park in April but i still have not receive it

Same problem here as i said before..

Only 15 days left for the concert..and still no tickets

:grr:

Same problem here as i said before..

Only 15 days left for the concert..and still no tickets

:grr:

Get the numbers and call them up! Must be contact numbers on the site. I ordered mines from ticketmaster, I have to wait 3 days before to call up if mines don't show up.

For some reason, even though Madonna and Live Nation Entertainment endorse Viagogo, Live Nation Scandinavia does not endorse Viagogo in any way.

In fact, Live Nation Scandinavia recommends people to give secondary ticket resellers such as Viagogo a wide berth. They only vouch for tickets purchased via official ticket resellers:

- for Danish shows: billetnet.dk and Post Danmark

- for Swedish shows: ticnet.se

- for Norwegian shows: billettservice.no, 7-Eleven and Posten Norge

Billetnet.dk, ticnet.se and billettservice.no are all part of Ticketmaster, hence Live Nation subsidiaries.

Edited by Msig

Get the numbers and call them up! Must be contact numbers on the site. I ordered mines from ticketmaster, I have to wait 3 days before to call up if mines don't show up.

WHERE ARE YOU FROM?

I HAVE CALLED THEM TOO MANY TIMES IN ORDER TO REMIND THEM THAT I M STILL WAITING FOR THREE MORE TICKETS BUT I CAN'T CONTACT WITH THEM.

THEY DON'T EVEN HAVE A TELEPHONE NUMBER

I FOUND SOME NUMBERS FROM INTERNET BUT ONLY WITH ANSWER MACHINE

I HAVE ALREADY LEFT MANY MESSAGES ON THEIR ANSWER MACHINE

AND I HAVE SENT FOUR MAILS BUT THERE'S NO RESPONSE.

I AM VERY NERVOUS BECAUSE I HAVE ALREADY BOOKED FLIGHT TICKETS AND A PLACE TO STAY THERE WHICH I CAN NOT CANCEL BUT MY TICKETS ARE STILL MISSING... : rant:

WHERE ARE YOU FROM?

I HAVE CALLED THEM TOO MANY TIMES IN ORDER TO REMIND THEM THAT I M STILL WAITING FOR THREE MORE TICKETS BUT I CAN'T CONTACT WITH THEM.

THEY DON'T EVEN HAVE A TELEPHONE NUMBER

I FOUND SOME NUMBERS FROM INTERNET BUT ONLY WITH ANSWER MACHINE

I HAVE ALREADY LEFT MANY MESSAGES ON THEIR ANSWER MACHINE

AND I HAVE SENT FOUR MAILS BUT THERE'S NO RESPONSE.

I AM VERY NERVOUS BECAUSE I HAVE ALREADY BOOKED FLIGHT TICKETS AND A PLACE TO STAY THERE WHICH I CAN NOT CANCEL BUT MY TICKETS ARE STILL MISSING... : rant:

More people should call and mass email. if only a few people do it or its always the same one emailing, it won't work. scare them a bit.

Guest bluejean

Since they are an official thing can't you CC in Livenation, Guy O, the venue etc. Maybe that will prompt more action if they see everyone affiliated with the tour is getting wind of their antics?

Found these numbers online. I don't know if these number's are still active

+44 203 137 6080 - Inside/Outside UK

0845 862 3670 - Inside UK Only

Be prepared to be on hold up to 20 minutes before you speak to a human.

Since they are an official thing can't you CC in Livenation, Guy O, the venue etc. Maybe that will prompt more action if they see everyone affiliated with the tour is getting wind of their antics?

Yes. make some noise, spam their twitters & emails or whatever. threaten to call the media if they dont budge.the more pressure they feel the quicker they'll respond

Yes. make some noise, spam their twitters & emails or whatever. threaten to call the media if they dont budge.the more pressure they feel the quicker they'll respond

Agreed! I'd be in a panic right now if I ordered tickets from them. Seems most if not all Europe dated tickets have been dispatched so there's no excuse for anyone to not have them yet.