GIRLS GONE WILD: TODAY AT NOON ET

Ai Papi Si.

Oh god..how dumb was this? What other changes should she make you idiot (Joe)?!

Joe Francis beats Madonna

Joe Francis has scored a victory against the likes of Madonna without ever having to set foot in a courtroom ... because she has changed the title of her new song "Girls Gone Wild" ... as well as its lyrics.

You may recall ... just before the Super Bowl, Joe and his lawyer David Houston fired off a cease and desist letter threatening Madge with legal action if she sang the song during her halftime performance, and also demanding that Madonna make things right on her new album.

Well, apparently Madonna and the record label, Interscope, have seen it Joe's way ... because we've learned they have agreed to change the song title to "GIRL Gone Wild."

The battle's been won ... but Joe tells TMZ, the war's not over -- "Clearly her label was trying to avoid legal action surrounding the song ... BUT [the new title] is still infringement as far as the law is concerned, and we have been in touch with Madonna’s people in an effort to resolve this issue."

Joe says he'll pursue new legal action if the Madge squad doesn't make further changes to the title.

http://www.tmz.com/2012/02/27/joe-francis-madonna-girls-gone-wild-cease-and-desist/#comments-anchor

Can this douche please get over himself? I thought he was still in jail.

:manson:

Oh god..how dumb was this? What other changes should she make you idiot (Joe)?!

Joe Francis beats Madonna

Joe Francis has scored a victory against the likes of Madonna without ever having to set foot in a courtroom ... because she has changed the title of her new song "Girls Gone Wild" ... as well as its lyrics.

You may recall ... just before the Super Bowl, Joe and his lawyer David Houston fired off a cease and desist letter threatening Madge with legal action if she sang the song during her halftime performance, and also demanding that Madonna make things right on her new album.

Well, apparently Madonna and the record label, Interscope, have seen it Joe's way ... because we've learned they have agreed to change the song title to "GIRL Gone Wild."

The battle's been won ... but Joe tells TMZ, the war's not over -- "Clearly her label was trying to avoid legal action surrounding the song ... BUT [the new title] is still infringement as far as the law is concerned, and we have been in touch with Madonna’s people in an effort to resolve this issue."

Joe says he'll pursue new legal action if the Madge squad doesn't make further changes to the title.

http://www.tmz.com/2012/02/27/joe-francis-madonna-girls-gone-wild-cease-and-desist/#comments-anchor

So stupid. How can you have a copyright on such a common phrase? I could see if she was doing a tv show similiar to what he does with the same title so people would confuse them. But she's doing a song which is in a totally different arena. It makes no sense.

The reason you people are not "impressed" is because you can let go and see thing for what they are and are often referring to her past work for comparisons. Nothing is going to be as great as "Hung up" or "Frozen" shit even those songs were enough at the time. Just enjoy or don't but enough with the drama.

I agree.Some fans need to let go of the past and be more realistic.They need to stop comparing her new music to her old music.It's a whole new era,a whole new time.

So stupid. How can you have a copyright on such a common phrase? I could see if she was doing a tv show similiar to what he does with the same title so people would confuse them. But she's doing a song which is in a totally different arena. It makes no sense.

Yeah, things are getting insane like this:

It is not just the word “book” at the end of a company or product name that Facebook might object to. If it has its way, the word “Face” at the beginning of a name might also bring out its lawyers. In fact, Facebook is currently trying to register the word “Face” as a trademark.

http://techcrunch.com/2010/08/26/trademark-face/

Yeah, things are getting insane like this:

It is not just the word “book” at the end of a company or product name that Facebook might object to. If it has its way, the word “Face” at the beginning of a name might also bring out its lawyers. In fact, Facebook is currently trying to register the word “Face” as a trademark.

http://techcrunch.com/2010/08/26/trademark-face/

What?? :lmao: That's ludicrous!

Guest bluejean

The more I think about it I feel that the only way for Madonna going forward perhaps on the next record is to try a different genre of music not just dance/club. I think she has done as much as she can with club music. Where can you really take this kind of music that's innovative? Maybe that's my bias because I'm more of a rock/indie person but that's how I feel.

She did rock/indie in the beginning and it DIDN'T work. She tried it again with American Life to some degree and it once again didn't work. Maybe you should go and make your own record or listen to some rock/indie artists instead?

Just listen to Pet Shop Boys and Robyn. They are MASTERS of the genre.

Ooooh what glorious things could've been if only she had worked w/ Pet Shop Boys. Instead we get Benny Benassi who can EAT IT!

All that was riding on this album and somehow the idea of a "Celebration part 2" pops into her head? For the last 25 years, loving Madonna's singles, albums, and videos (for the most part) have been so effortless for me. But this era it's been a real struggle and I've been having to FORCE myself to find the spark. I'm tired of saying "I'll wait for the remixes." Even the visual campaign is amateurish. Notice ppl keep asking if some leaked cover art is fanmade or official? With the kind of money M has any official cover art should be CRYSTAL. For shame. She's gotten lazy.. only interested in "paying the rent." And that's not drama, folks. It's the opinion of a long time fan who's frankly quite insulted at this point.

I didn't hate HC. Give It 2 Me is one of my all-time faves. I LOVE Confessions but dammit that was 6 years ago. When they said "Confessions" meets "Like A Prayer," I didn't realize it was THAT literal. Prayers mixed w/ electronica. How reductive! Damn right we need a meltdown thread.

The only good thing about this era so far is M's EPIC entrance at the Superbowl. I got that old-fashioned feeling when I saw that. I know the difference between good Madonna and lazy Madonna. Parts of the GMAYL video were okay too but whatevs!

When I think of the fan reaction that some of Madonna's recent singles have gotten ("4 Minutes","Celebration","GMAYL" and now "Girl Gone Wild"),it's obvious that she will never be able to please everybody.

Yeah let go of the time Madonna wrote like, melodies and shit.

The quality of her music has been going steadily downhill. Hey You, Celebration, Revolver, GMAYL.

I miss the days when Madonna used to bring so much to the table. SIGH.

When I think of the fan reaction that some of Madonna's recent singles have gotten ("4 Minutes","Celebration","GMAYL" and now "Girl Gone Wild"),it's obvious that she will never be able to please everybody.

Yes but she can be close to that if she is inspired, look at Music, Hung Up, Frozen. All time classics that almost everyone enjoy. Those songs are timeless, and it's obvious that while GMAYL and GGW are good songs they won't last like her huge classics, and that's because these new songs aren't THAT good.

She did rock/indie in the beginning and it DIDN'T work. She tried it again with American Life to some degree and it once again didn't work. Maybe you should go and make your own record or listen to some rock/indie artists instead?

I didn't say she should do rock or indie. I said I like that type of music, but I also like her more pop and eclectic stuff. I like stuff like Don't Tell Me and Frozen which isn't rock or indie. There's lots of different types of music that isn't rock/indie but isn't standard club music. No clue why you are singling me out with nasty comments like I should make my own record or just listen to rock/indie which I do, when lots of people are saying the same thing or they don't like the song in much harsher terms than I am. Isn't this a forum for opinions? Chill out!