GIRLS GONE WILD: TODAY AT NOON ET

Ai Papi Si.

To me it has nothing 2 do with her past work, I just don't like that generic radio-dance sound. & I wouldn't mention Hung Up in the same sentence

as Hung up either. :fag: The truth is, I find it shockingly anonymous.

And please people, just cuz someone expresses his or her dislike it don't mean it's drama or shit stirring. It is still a forum.

Deal with it.

THIS.

You see, I don't understand this sentiment. I'm not trying to single you out dnosebapps, just the overall opinion you brought up. I want quality music from all my favorite artists. If I think Madonna is going through the motions or phoning it in, well then that's not something I want or desire. To me, Madonna represents the crème de la crème of pop/dance music.. Sure, she'll have missteps throughout her career ("American Life" was a misstep IMO but at least sonically it was innovative for mainstream pop music) and not everything is gonna be successful or universally loved but I will never just take what I can get.

Well I personally would love something more inventive, definitely. However, obviously that's not happening with these singles. Disappointing, yes? But it's better than her quitting her music career, which many have done at her age.

Guest Not4Pussies

i don't hate it. i like it, but i definitely need to give it more plays til i really fall in love with it.

funny thing is, the song reminds me of Benassi's remix of Florence and the Machine's Shake It Out

which I love and I wish Madonna had done something like that and she kinda has with this song.

wish her vocals were stronger.

Guest Xanthium

Well I personally would love something more inventive, definitely. However, obviously that's not happening with these singles. Disappointing, yes? But it's better than her quitting her music career, which many have done at her age.

I can understand that but I'd rather her take her time and make quality music than rush out product in order to just fulfill a contract and to tour.

To me it has nothing 2 do with her past work, I just don't like that generic radio-dance sound. & I wouldn't mention Hung Up in the same sentence

as Hung up either. :fag: The truth is, I find it shockingly anonymous.

And please people, just cuz someone expresses his or her dislike it don't mean it's drama or shit stirring. It is still a forum.

Deal with it.

Agree. GGW is like the weak cousin of Celebration. If she wants to do dance music that's fine

just don't churn out this lame half arsed pap. I mean she used to have a killer chorus in her singles

and a great baseline. That's what the song is missing. What happens to Madonna the musical genius?

i don't hate it. i like it, but i definitely need to give it more plays til i really fall in love with it.

funny thing is, the song reminds me of Benassi's remix of Florence and the Machine's Shake It Out

which I love and I wish Madonna had done something like that and she kinda has with this song.

wish her vocals were stronger.

The song brings so much fun and I love it and enjoy it, but this is its weakest point, the vocals are plain and boring, I was expecting wild vocals, I want her to scream or something, she sounds kinda dead on it.

My opinion is the song is catchy and good for its genre. I think it's much better than Celebration. But this kind of standard club music isn't my thing. I much prefer GMAYL because that to me was more interesting and eclectic with the surf guitar. But that's my taste in music. The best part of it is the slower bridge. I like that a lot but the chorus while catchy is a little standard and dull. I'm sure a lot of people will like this more than me who are really into club music.

The more I think about it I feel that the only way for Madonna going forward perhaps on the next record is to try a different genre of music not just dance/club. I think she has done as much as she can with club music. Where can you really take this kind of music that's innovative? Maybe that's my bias because I'm more of a rock/indie person but that's how I feel. She even said once in an interview she could do dance music in her sleep. I think to challenge herself she really needs to step a little bit out of the dance/club/having fun box she's gotten herself into. She's done this music better before. Confessions was the ultimate dance club record. She really can't improve on that, so I think she should try something different.

Fake sorry!

Sorry, but that's really her in the bathtub!!! Yeah she may not have been drinking real wine, could have been apple juice for all I care, but that's really her!!!

Oh god..how dumb was this? What other changes should she make you idiot (Joe)?!

Joe Francis beats Madonna

Joe Francis has scored a victory against the likes of Madonna without ever having to set foot in a courtroom ... because she has changed the title of her new song "Girls Gone Wild" ... as well as its lyrics.

You may recall ... just before the Super Bowl, Joe and his lawyer David Houston fired off a cease and desist letter threatening Madge with legal action if she sang the song during her halftime performance, and also demanding that Madonna make things right on her new album.

Well, apparently Madonna and the record label, Interscope, have seen it Joe's way ... because we've learned they have agreed to change the song title to "GIRL Gone Wild."

The battle's been won ... but Joe tells TMZ, the war's not over -- "Clearly her label was trying to avoid legal action surrounding the song ... BUT [the new title] is still infringement as far as the law is concerned, and we have been in touch with Madonna’s people in an effort to resolve this issue."

Joe says he'll pursue new legal action if the Madge squad doesn't make further changes to the title.

http://www.tmz.com/2012/02/27/joe-francis-madonna-girls-gone-wild-cease-and-desist/#comments-anchor