GIRLS GONE WILD: TODAY AT NOON ET

Ai Papi Si.

The reason you people are not "impressed" is because you can let go and see thing for what they are and are often referring to her past work for comparisons. Nothing is going to be as great as "Hung up" or "Frozen" shit even those songs were enough at the time. Just enjoy or don't but enough with the drama.

To me it has nothing 2 do with her past work, I just don't like that generic radio-dance sound. & I wouldn't mention Hung Up in the same sentence

as Hung up either. :fag: The truth is, I find it shockingly anonymous.

And please people, just cuz someone expresses his or her dislike it don't mean it's drama or shit stirring. It is still a forum.

Deal with it.

Guest HaveASit

Some reviews:

Observer:

Madonna’s second single released from the upcoming MDNA album (after the dispiriting chart performance of the Super Bowl-premiered “Give Me All Your Luvin”) is “Girls Gone Wild”–which seems, from its housey beat to its references to DJs and 808 drums, to the Joe Francis-iness of its title and “bad girl” posing, like Madonna’s chasing trends. “Girls, they just want to have some fun,” goes the refrain–Cyndi Lauper, get your lawyers on the phone!

The whole song seems rather like 2000′s “Music” in its references to DJ culture and to going out and having fun and being bad–but leaving aside that Madonna was twelve years younger at that time and thus perhaps a more convincing “bad girl,” so too was our culture–electronica in pop music and fronting like one is “wild” no longer shock the consciousness. This is to be Madonna’s sixth consecutive dance-music album (a line that began with 1998′s Ray of Light)–maybe it’s time for her to try something totally different?

Idolator:

Perhaps to avoid any legal run-ins with Girls Gone Wild franchise creator Joe Francis, Madonna’s second MDNA single has now had its title slightly altered to “Girl Gone Wild”. Whatever the case may be, a lyric video for the track — and the song itself — premiered today, and here we find Madge doing what she does best: turning up the heat on the dance floor. Watch below.

Madonna enlisted the production skills of Benny Bennasi and Alle Bennasi for the pulsing club jam “Girl Gone Wild”. Lyrically, the song is packed with tried-but-true sexual pop cliches like “girls they just wanna have some fun” (what up, Cyndi Lauper?), “you got me in the zone” and “I got that burnin’ hot desire”.

And given the song’s lusty nature, it’s no surprise that there are some vague wink-wink references to the Material Girl’s naughtiest album, Erotica. (”It’s so erotic,” Madonna sings, while later adding, “I know good girls don’t misbehave but I’m a bad girl anyway.”)

Cheerleader-invoking previous single “Give Me All Your Luvin’” was fun enough, but we can’t help feeling “Girl Gone Wild” is more along the lines of what we’ve come to know and love Madonna for.

To me it has nothing 2 do with her past work, I just don't like that generic radio-dance sound. & I wouldn't mention Hung Up in the same sentence

as Hung up either. :fag: The truth is, I find it shockingly anonymous.

And please people, just cuz someone expresses his or her dislike it don't mean it's drama or shit stirring. It is still a forum.

Deal with it.

you nailed it. thanks.

Guest bluejean

Yes i do! :lol: Should i be ashamed? :lmao:

Not at all, I'm just curious as to why that song received so much praise. It's a weaker version of Celebration to me.

Some reviews:

Observer:

Madonna’s second single released from the upcoming MDNA album (after the dispiriting chart performance of the Super Bowl-premiered “Give Me All Your Luvin”) is “Girls Gone Wild”–which seems, from its housey beat to its references to DJs and 808 drums, to the Joe Francis-iness of its title and “bad girl” posing, like Madonna’s chasing trends. “Girls, they just want to have some fun,” goes the refrain–Cyndi Lauper, get your lawyers on the phone!

The whole song seems rather like 2000′s “Music” in its references to DJ culture and to going out and having fun and being bad–but leaving aside that Madonna was twelve years younger at that time and thus perhaps a more convincing “bad girl,” so too was our culture–electronica in pop music and fronting like one is “wild” no longer shock the consciousness. This is to be Madonna’s sixth consecutive dance-music album (a line that began with 1998′s Ray of Light)–maybe it’s time for her to try something totally different?

Oh they are holding the willing to say the song sounds like a 90's throwaway :rotfl:

“When people listen to your songs, I want them to smile. It’s what I like in your work. In general, when listening to your songs, it’s positive.”

She thinks it’s something that’s currently missing today and people need that.

If this song does not make you smile or at least put you in a good mood there is something wrong with you.

I suggest you go outside and soak up the sun to get some vitamin E.

Go watch a funny youtube video.

Or just see a doctor and get your head examined.

She is making fun upbeat music and sending positive vibes through her songs. She wants people to be happy.

I don't understand all the bitching and moaning from you fans. It's like how some of you complain about not liking a M tour after seeing it in person. Did you really just waste 200 dollars for a show that you had your arms folded the whole time?

WAKE UP.

Deal with it.

Preach it.

The song is ok, but nothing new. It's a better single choice than Give Me All Your Luvin, but it's also very very generic and I'm not a fan of her vocals. She sounds bored. I'm sure the Obit tracks will be amazing anyway.

Absolutely...

It's now pretty obvious why they never intended GMAYL to be the lead single. Yes, they made the best of it with the Superbowl tie in...blah blah..

But she's killing it in the visual department this time around.

The song is ok, but nothing new. It's a better single choice than Give Me All Your Luvin, but it's also very very generic and I'm not a fan of her vocals. She sounds bored. I'm sure the Obit tracks will be amazing anyway.

She's gotten lazy cuz her deluded dream of being a director has distracted her from focusing on her music. So she just phone em in the last couple albums.

Guest bluejean

I don't understand all the bitching and moaning from you fans. It's like how some of you complain about not liking a M tour after seeing it in person. Did you really just waste 200 dollars for a show that you had your arms folded the whole time?

WAKE UP.

:clap: 100% agree with you. I especially have no idea how any fan cannot enjoy being at a concert. It's like they want to write, produce and choreograph her work themselves, and nothing can live up to their fantasy of what it should be. It's really quite annoying.

If this song does not make you smile or at least put you in a good mood there is something wrong with you.

I suggest you go outside and soak up the sun to get some vitamin E.

Go watch a funny youtube video.

Or just see a doctor and get your head examined.

She is making fun upbeat music and sending positive vibes through her songs. She wants people to be happy.

Exactly what I was gonna say to all the detractors...till I HEARD THE SONG.

It's just not very good.

Absolutely...

It's now preety obvious why they never intended GMAYL to be the lead single. Yes, they made the best of it with the Superbowl tie in...

But she's killing it in the visual department this time around.

Yes, everything about this era is great except the music.

I've just noticed...The refrain is a bit different than the one in the MDNA Megamix. I don't know how to describe it, but there were some soundeffects in the background of the refrain which are now gone. Isn't a big deal, though.

She's gotten lazy cuz her deluded dream of being a director has distracted her from focusing on her music. So she just phone em in the last couple albums.

We shall see when we hear the album in full, but we know that the MDNA recording was very rushed even though she had 4 years to do it in which she spent 3 and a half making W.E.

Does she really think this song is any different to what is played on the radio and music channels?

No. It's obvious she's following the trend she started and obviously it's in her favor.. It's just a coincidence( or good timing) that every artist has now incorporated club/dance music into mainstream "pop." I definitely prefer it over any garbage on the radio. This is Madonna-Pop.

Guest bluejean

I am not hearing that. She's certainly following trends more than setting them but I do think her heart is still in making the music. I think for some its just not the music THEY want.

THANK YOU!!!

Right now I want my iPod headphones blasting this song @ full volume till my ears bleed. CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF IT!!!

If this song won't be a hit, then I don't know what will tbqh :dazed:

The Queen is back! :clap::bow::sassy::wow::dramatic::boxing::inlove::fag:

Guest Xanthium

Since when does happy, fun, and joyous have to equal bad? Dance music CAN have intelligent lyrics with gorgeous, euphoric melodies. Just listen to Pet Shop Boys and Robyn. They are MASTERS of the genre.

Guest bluejean

We shall see when we hear the album in full, but we know that the MDNA recording was very rushed even though she had 4 years to do it in which she spent 3 and a half making W.E.

6 months is alot of time to make a whole album when everyone involved is working round the clock