MDNA Album Thread

IslandBreeze

en-10306.jpg

Martin Solveig: “Madonna was very gentle with William. With me, she was more harsh and direct”

Steven Bellery, French journalist for radio RTL France and PureCharts, recently interviewd Martin Solveig.

Madonnarama translated the most interesting parts…:

At first, Madonna only hired you for one track…

MARTIN SOLVEIG: Yes. About ten different producers were contacted. Madonna wanted to work with two or three of them to keep a certain coherence in the album. We had a great connection and in the end we worked on six tracks.

Have you met William Orbit?

MARTIN SOLVEIG: It was a pretty crazy encounter. We laughed a lot in the studio. At one time, we were working together. He in his own studio, I was in mine, but in the same building. Madonna went from one room to the other. We exchanged a lot.

We’re quite the opposite, William and I… in everything…

William is English, I’m French. He’s tall, I’m small. He’s very messy, I’m quite organised.

Madonna’s the opposite of the producer she’s working with.

She was very gentle with him. With me, she was more harsh and direct.

She’s somebody who pushes people and I think that she allows them to give it their best.

Did she ask you something specific? Did she give you any guidelines?

MARTIN SOLVEIG: She wanted to smile.

With William [Orbit] she was more introspective. To me, she said: “When people listen to your songs, I want them to smile. It’s what I like in your work. In general, when listening to your songs, it’s positive.”

She thinks it’s something that’s currently missing today and people need that.

Could the leak of “Give me all your Luvin’” have consequences on the release of MDNA?

MARTIN SOLVEIG: If the full album would have leaked, it would have made her rethink the whole project… the album, a new tour. I’m quite sure about that.

She really wants to come back for her fans. When you work so hard, you don’t want unfinished versions to leak on the internet.

I think she was really dissapointed and a bit hurt….

Is she generous in her business deals?

MARTIN SOLVEIG: Yes! She’s very genereous on the copyright and credits. She’s very fair. I would have done it for free any way (laughs).

And if it needs to be redone, I’ll do it immediately…

If Madonna asks you to play a DJ set at the Stade de France on July 14th, would you say yes?

MARTIN SOLVEIG: I can’t confirm this at the moment… But there’s a big chance that I won’t be far from the field that day… (laughs)

Read more: http://www.madonnarama.com/posts-en/2012/02/22/martin-solveig-madonna-was-very-gentle-with-william-with-me-she-was-more-harsh-and-direct/#ixzz1n8hnvL6v

vocalism is a big Madonna fan, but I guess judging purely based on the posts in these threads, he's certainly coming across as a 'little monster.' Don't ban him though.

Is he? Looks like a monster to me. Didn't they planned to send their army here?

:lol: She's unlikely to sell 1M by the end of the year.

Consider this your final warning. I don't care if you're a Madonna stan or a Lady Gaga mole, you're doing yourself no favors right now. Album release times are always stressful because the biggest trolls come out of the woodwork to play. But everyone's got their eyes peeled. One more post that annoys me and you'll have to go back to Gagadaily for your daily entertainment.

vocalism is a big Madonna fan, but I guess judging purely based on the posts in these threads, he's certainly coming across as a 'little monster.' Don't ban him though.

But see there is a lady GG thread and he is welcome to go there, but this is a MDNA thread why bitchin about Madonna in here??

From Jean Baptiste's Facebook

When we were making "Fleshtone" I was picturing Madonna listening to it in her ipod while working out. When I found out she loved the album I felt validated. now pretty soon I'll be working out with my ipod listening to "MDNA" which I worked on. That shit cray!!!

:fag:

Guest groovyguy

OH MY GOD, FOR REAL?! :dramatic:

I'm SO excited to hear GGW.

According to the rumor mill on HITS Daily Double.

LMFAO’s “Sorry For Party Rockin" Video Premier

WILD & CRAZY GUYS: LMFAO’s “Sorry For Party Rocking” premieres on VEVO today. Also, if you missed last night’s live stream of Pitbull performing from Carnival in Rio (no relation to Caraeff), you can catch it here all day. On top of that, VEVO will have an exclusive lyric video for Madonna’s next single, “Girls Gone Wild,” this Friday. Who loves ya, baby? (2/22/12)

Is he? Looks like a monster to me. Didn't they planned to send their army here?

Really dude? You're the one who said "Finally some sense" when I posted about GMAYL. And someone else (maybe you? maybe someone else?) said I was their favorite poster.

Consider this your final warning. I don't care if you're a Madonna stan or a Lady Gaga mole, you're doing yourself no favors right now. Album release times are always stressful because the biggest trolls come out of the woodwork to play. But everyone's got their eyes peeled. One more post that annoys me and you'll have to go back to Gagadaily for your daily entertainment.

Excuse me? Final warning? When was there a first warning? And for what? Weren't you taking part in the discussion about Gaga? Judging from your most recent post in that thread (which I finally read just now because I'd moved on days ago), it was perfectly civil and ended with mutual respect. Someone else brought Gaga up, and anyone who has a brain and eyes and has read my posts can clearly see that I was attempting to have an intelligent conversation about why she's fading in popularity. I understand that people felt like it was too much of a tangent, but that conversation ended four days ago. So what's the problem? Jean Baptiste or whatever his name is implied that Madonna could sell 1M in her first week. That's hilarious. Everyone here knows it. I responded as such. It has nothing to do with Lady Gaga. I happen to be a longtime fan, but I'm no sycophant and if I don't like something, like GMAYL, I'll say it. If that's not allowed here, I'll leave. Why ban someone when you can just gang up on them and make them not want to come back?

Really dude? You're the one who said "Finally some sense" when I posted about GMAYL. And someone else (maybe you? maybe someone else?) said I was their favorite poster.

Excuse me? Final warning? When was there a first warning? And for what? Weren't you taking part in the discussion about Gaga? Judging from your most recent post in that thread (which I finally read just now because I'd moved on days ago), it was perfectly civil and ended with mutual respect. Someone else brought Gaga up, and anyone who has a brain and eyes and has read my posts can clearly see that I was attempting to have an intelligent conversation about why she's fading in popularity. I understand that people felt like it was too much of a tangent, but that conversation ended four days ago. So what's the problem? Jean Baptiste or whatever his name is implied that Madonna could sell 1M in her first week. That's hilarious. Everyone here knows it. I responded as such. It has nothing to do with Lady Gaga. I happen to be a longtime fan, but I'm no sycophant and if I don't like something, like GMAYL, I'll say it. If that's not allowed here, I'll leave. Why ban someone when you can just gang up on them and make them not want to come back?

No one is asking you to be a sycophant and lord knows this forum doesn't have too many of them (we're harder on Madonna than anyone else) - but let's face it, the entire first portion of posts you made on this forum being Lady Gaga-centric is suspicious to us. This isn't about Lady Gaga herself, it's about this forum being constantly POLLUTED by the same debate over and over again by her haters and her stans alike, and it's been a huge problem here for years. We tend to get rid of people who we feel are just going to drag everything down into a pool of negativity. If you're not one of those people then great, I'll hold you to that. I over exaggerated so I take my threat back, and I'm glad you explained what you meant. But I really am sick of seeing Lady Gaga's name in the MADONNA SECTION, and I am also sick of people being such assholes about Madonna. A NEW ALBUM and TOUR is coming out. This is the best time in a fan's life, why can't we just GET OVER the sales positions/Lady Gaga & stupid irrelevant shit like that?!

A NEW ALBUM and TOUR is coming out. This is the best time in a fan's life, why can't we just GET OVER the sales positions/Lady Gaga & stupid irrelevant shit like that?!

AMEN!! I totally agree.We're getting ready to begin a new Madonna era.This is supposed to be a fun,joyous time for fans but some people would rather dwell in negativity,criticize Madonna's every move,and bring up other artists.It's absurd.

71 POSTS about lady Fucking Gaga vs Madonna. Can someone ban this little silly monster?

71 posts? Really? You guys are killing me. None of my posts were pitting Gaga vs. Madonna. You only see what your eyes want to see. I was explaining my belief that Gaga's decline in popularity is because she's attempting to tackle hot button issues the way Madonna did in the early '90s when HER popularity started to decline. What is wrong with you people?

71 posts? Really? You guys are killing me. None of my posts were pitting Gaga vs. Madonna. You only see what your eyes want to see. I was explaining my belief that Gaga's decline in popularity is because she's attempting to tackle hot button issues the way Madonna did in the early '90s when HER popularity started to decline. What is wrong with you people?

I have no idea what that was, I didn't see the thread but why is everyone up in arms about the 1 million comment? I mean... you know. HC barely went gold and that was with a huge first single. It's not negativity, it's just... the truth?

I have no idea what that was, I didn't see the thread but why is everyone up in arms about the 1 million comment? I mean... you know. HC barely went gold and that was with a huge first single. It's not negativity, it's just... the truth?

It's kind of a low blow. Kinda like going onto GagaDaily and being like "so Gaga, how about dat der Born This Way and your Madonna ripoff?"

anyway he explained what he meant. People read it the wrong way because of the other thread where he made himself sound like a self-important Gaga loon - probably by accident. But oh well.

141njt2.gif

That's all I was saying. I suppose the LOL emoticon made it look like I was gloating that she won't sell 1M, but it's genuinely hilarious to me that this songwriter/producer dude thinks Madonna can sell 1M in one week in 2012. It's just out of touch with reality. I truly wish Madonna could sell those numbers. And I wish GMAYL was a huge smash. And I wish I liked GMAYL. I just assumed that my presence here made those things obvious by default!

P.S. Tonight: That Gaga gif is hilarious. I saw it last time you (or someone else) posted it. :lol:

Edited by vocalism

That's all I was saying. I suppose the LOL emoticon made it look like I was gloating that she won't sell 1M, but it's genuinely hilarious to me that this songwriter/producer dude thinks Madonna can sell 1M in one week in 2012. It's just out of touch with reality. I truly wish Madonna could sell those numbers. And I wish GMAYL was a huge smash. And I wish I liked GMAYL. I just assumed that my presence here made those things obvious by default!

P.S. Tonight: That Gaga gif is hilarious. I saw it last time you (or someone else) posted it. :lol:

Re read the quote, says LETS MAKE not can sell.

Can we please concentrate on Madonna and this amazing era? There are so many positives. I love the album name, covers, the fact that there are 15 songs, the song titles, GMAYL song and especially the video, of course the amazing super bowl performance, album breaking records on iTunes preorder history, a new tour just round the corner and now a second single.... This is so bloody exciting and i come to this forum to get some info, exclusives etc and all I get is pages and pages of negativity and how awful every single thing she is doing!!!

Can we please concentrate on Madonna and this amazing era? There are so many positives. I love the album name, covers, the fact that there are 15 songs, the song titles, GMAYL song and especially the video, of course the amazing super bowl performance, album breaking records on iTunes preorder history, a new tour just round the corner and now a second single.... This is so bloody exciting and i come to this forum to get some info, exclusives etc and all I get is pages and pages of negativity and how awful every single thing she is doing!!!

+111111111111

I agree..let's concentrate on Madonna and this era! I really don't wanna hear about Lady Gaga or any other artist.And I don't wanna hear about how her single is flopping in the U.K...I wanna focus on the new album,new videos and the tour!

Vocalism has posted for a long time at the Absolute Madonna forum so he is definitely a big Madonna fan, I guess mostly of her older work not so much the recent stuff. I know he talks about Gaga a lot but he is not just a Gaga stan that comes here to cause trouble. So he is a Madonna fan, so I don't think you should ban him either.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=535669195&ref=ts

Jean Baptiste

Monday

When we were making "Fleshtone" I was picturing Madonna listening to it in her ipod while working out. When I found out she loved the album I felt validated. now pretty soon I'll be working out with my ipod listening to "MDNA" which I worked on. That shit cray!!!

Thanks a lot!