Madonna Super Bowl thread continued

Guest groovyguy

Guest bluejean

^In part, for the reasons stated above. It just isn't the joyous, unifying-the-world track like "Holiday" is, and dare I say in comparison, sucks. :demonic:

:lol:

Well I personally like the song and would love to hear/see it live, however its certainly not for this event.

Guest groovyguy

Well I personally like the song and would love to hear/see it live, however its certainly not for this event.

If she does perform Celebration, I'm confident she'd make it work for Super Bowl.

Yeah. "Holiday" is much more universal and celebratory than "Celebration." I mean, lines like "I guess I just don't recognize you with your clothes on" do not work in "Celebration's" favor- it's basically a flirty invite to hook up, whereas "Holiday," obviously, is not. Plus, it's not a patch on the 1983 classic.

You're right about that, but then there is "Let's get this started... yeah. Cause Everybody wants to Party with you". I think the chorus would work if it's somehow mashed up with Holiday. In fact, I think it would be cool to have the marching band sound from 4 minutes introduce her and then "Let's get this started... yeah" and "Cause Everybody wants to party with you" comes blasting over the speakers and then she could go into one of her songs.

Guest ditaluver

i had a dream last night she didnt come to the stage till 2am for the superbowl and she was wasted drunk and passed out on stage. it was a huge scandal.

i had a dream last night she didnt come to the stage till 2am for the superbowl and she was wasted drunk and passed out on stage. it was a huge scandal.

:lmao:

Oh my god that sounds amazing! Somebody send that her way.

I know you're joking around, but this is one event she can't be late on stage. It's all timed and while there might be a little time her to play with, the game would just go on if she didn't perform at the time designated to her.

I think if any scandal happens, it will be due to some on-stage antics. Though, I bet she's going to be on her best behavior for this. But who knows?

Guest ditaluver

Oh my god that sounds amazing! Somebody send that her way.

wish I could tell what she was trying to sing/mumble. I just visually remember her looking like the DWT cover....upside down - as she was rolling all over the floor and her head was hanging over the stage - but with her eyes rolled back of course.

Sources close to Madonna say that she won't sing but read the titles of every single song she ever recorded officially released or not and then end the performance with a thunderous and resounding queef that according to another source close to Cirque du soleil "will not only blow out the whole stadium but tv screens around the world as well".

You sure did wake up from a fuzzy dream. I can't believe the things you've seen. :)

Although not one of her best efforts (it was basically a contractual obbligation for her third GH, and she was also

touring extensively at the time) I still think that Celebration is a nice *easy* song.

I'd love to see her performing it at one of her shows, however this is the Super Bowl, a casual-listener event

mostly. She should just showcase the new song and add some of her classics as a nice

frame

EXCLUSIVE - Lola to join Mama Madonna on stage at the Superbowl?

San Montenegro (TX).

My spies tell me that Madonna is planning an extra special surprise for her upcoming performance at the 2012 Superbowl half-time show.

Many have stated that this performance is essentially 'make or break' time for Madge, 53, who returns to the pop arena after a 4-year hiatus. Since her last record, 2008's ill-fated "Hard Candy", the likes of Rihanna and Katy Perry have been topping the charts, whilst Lady Gaga has pretty much reinvented the pop scene altogether.

But Madge has a special trick up her sleeve - her daughter Lola. Sources say that the 15-year-old Lourdes 'Lola' Leon has been hard at rehearsals with Mummy Madge, as she is expected to join her mum on one of the numbers in her 4-song setlist.

Lola has already collaborated with Madonna on the successful Material Girl clothes collection and has proven her talent as a budding fashionista. But what of her vocal chops? The jury is still out.

Source: www.rihannasucksmadonnarocks.com

wish I could tell what she was trying to sing/mumble. I just visually remember her looking like the DWT cover....upside down - as she was rolling all over the floor and her head was hanging over the stage - but with her eyes rolled back of course.

Well don't be silly she can't be late and she certainly can't be drunk! It's the Thuperbowl!!!!

Madge, 53, who returns to the pop arena after a 4-year hiatus. Since her last record, 2008's ill-fated "Hard Candy", the likes of Rihanna and Katy Perry have been topping the charts, whilst Lady Gaga has pretty much reinvented the pop scene altogether.

But Madge has a special trick up her sleeve - her daughter Lola.

:lmao:

You're right about that, but then there is "Let's get this started... yeah. Cause Everybody wants to Party with you". I think the chorus would work if it's somehow mashed up with Holiday. In fact, I think it would be cool to have the marching band sound from 4 minutes introduce her and then "Let's get this started... yeah" and "Cause Everybody wants to party with you" comes blasting over the speakers and then she could go into one of her songs.

That sounds awesome...and then it can go into Music...Ray of Light, ( or like a prayer S&S or even Vogue)Give Me and a Holiday/Celebration mash-up!!