Madonna Super Bowl thread continued

Guest groovyguy

when she did Express Yourself at the MTV Awards, Cherish was her current single, and when she did Vogue the following year it was many months old, so yeah she goes with what song she wants to perform or what will work best for a performance.

Regardless of what she does at the Superbowl, the Celebration album will see a sales boost but most of the attention will go to The Immaculate Collection as it always does.

Apart from Australia (#40), US(#71), it went Top 10 in most countries in the world. It also gave M her 40th #1 on US Dance Club Chart. It became her fifty-fifth entry on the Hot 100.

uhm... considering it was supposed to be a new MADONNA song officially released in a GH compilation, it should've performed better in the US... anyhow, i was just referring to the US since this is the Super Bowl... has it been confirmed that CELEBRATION is part of the SuperBowl? I hope not as a stand-alone performance, a mashup will do...

uhm... considering it was supposed to be a new MADONNA song officially released in a GH compilation, it should've performed better in the US... anyhow, i was just referring to the US since this is the Super Bowl... has it been confirmed that CELEBRATION is part of the SuperBowl? I hope not as a stand-alone performance, a mashup will do...

To be honest, no it hasn't been confirmed. It's just something I heard from a friend who auditioned to be a dancer for the Super Bowl/tour. Nonetheless, it's likely that if it doesn't make the Siperbowl, itll be performed on tour.

Guest groovyguy

Dita333 from the AbsoluteMadonna forum (one of the Super Bowl stage crew volunteers) posted earlier today:

Cap Spence is in charge of the Super Bowl stage crew. Orientation was this evening. He has done the last 13 years of the SB performances as well as 40 years in entertainment. Don't believe what you are hearing about the set list. She's been rehearsing with her dancers since Dec. 1st. Never ever has an act requested to rehearse after the Thursday before the SB but Madonna is. She will soon be rehearsing in New Jersey with a mock up of the stage. Stage will be in Indy on 16th. Our first stage crew rehearsal is a week later. I won't be leaking any set or music information as she wants it to be a surprise. I'm so honored to be a part of this experience!

^it would be acceptable (not awesome) only if the much superior "Holiday" also were included. That is THE song to get everyone (and I mean everyone on their feet.

I don't put much into speculation until days leading to the event, anyhow.

Okay if you consider this a 'flop':

#1 - Italy, Sweden

#2 - European Hot 100 Singles, France

#3 - UK

#4 - Switzerland

#5 - Canada, Germany, Japan

Apart from Australia (#40), US(#71), it went Top 10 in most countries in the world. It also gave M her 40th #1 on US Dance Club Chart. It became her fifty-fifth entry on the Hot 100.

it was also #1 in Hungary :sassy:

vp3y.gif

:wow:

:lmao:

I've always felt Celebration was made especially for a live performance. Whether she decides to perform it at the Super Bowl or not, I think it'll be on the tour and I bet it will be one of the highlights! It's far from one of my favorite Madonna songs and it's far from one of her biggest hits but I truly think she can make this one work really well in a live setting.

Let's give her some credit here....if she can turn a turd like Love Makes The World Go Round into a decent live performance her first time playing in a stadium like setting, at the beginning of her career as a 20 something, I'm pretty confident as a seasoned performer (eww...she'd prob hate that) she can make a song as anthemic as Celebration work live despite it not being very well known to the US general public.

Guest groovyguy

:lmao:

I've always felt Celebration was made especially for a live performance. Whether she decides to perform it at the Super Bowl or not, I think it'll be on the tour and I bet it will be one of the highlights! It's far from one of my favorite Madonna songs and it's far from one of her biggest hits but I truly think she can make this one work really well in a live setting.

Let's give her some credit here....if she can turn a turd like Love Makes The World Go Round into a decent live performance her first time playing in a stadium like setting, at the beginning of her career as a 20 something, I'm pretty confident as a seasoned performer (eww...she'd prob hate that) she can make a song as anthemic as Celebration work live despite it not being very well known to the US general public.

:thumbsup:

I wish we would get Express Yourself or Into the Groove. Non mashup though! Other than that no matter what she performs people will still leave unsatisfied. Whether at the Superbowl or at home. I hope she has a live presentation of her upcoming tour on HBO the way she did in the 90's and with DWT.

Bye Bye Baby was performed at the MTV Awards before the GS started. Hollywood was already released and flopped in US when she performed the song at The MTV. The thing is people are saying she must perform her biggest hits at the Super Bowl. While that would be great, I was only pointing out that from her history, she had performed non-hits at major events and made them work. She could have performed her then biggest hits, Like a Virgin and Material Girl, at Live Aid 85, but instead she did Holiday (US #16), Into the Groove (a US B-side), and Love Makes the World Go Round. For most other singers, the songs matter. But to me, the songs somehow do not matter as much when it comes to Madonna. It's all about her stage presence, her kick-ass performance. While some have problems with the idea of her performing Celebration because it's a "flop" single, I don't. And it's certainly not the "flop" that some claim it is. While I agree it's not the best Madonna song nor is it one of her biggest hits, I love the song and I have confidence she'd give a kick-ass live performance of the song. But like I said, that's just my opinion.

Bye Bye Baby was performed so that Madonna could hold off and hide the new look (short cropped blond hair with a scarf) and D&G costumes for the tour that started 3 weeks later in London, she couldn't perform Erotica, D&D or Fever and obviously Rain was never going to open an awards show and get her in newspapers all over the world

Here's my new prediction.

Dear Jessie extended dub mix

True blue 2012 featuring nikki minge

Bedtime story featuring m.I.a

Let's get real. There's no way she's going to perform unpopular tracks like Celebratoon or Give me all your love. Puhlease.

Guest groovyguy

Here's my new prediction.

Dear Jessie extended dub mix

True blue 2012 featuring nikki minge

Bedtime story featuring m.I.a

Let's get real. There's no way she's going to perform unpopular tracks like Celebratoon or Give me all your love. Puhlease.

My prediction:

Spotlight - Stadium Mix

Push - Super Bowl Mix

How High - Touchdown Mix

The Beat Game Goes On - All-American Mix Feat. Nicki and M.I.A.

Everybody should be happy. Dreadful Celebratoon and cheesy Gimme All Your Luvin' will not be performed.

I don't think Celebration would work well in a live setting at all, at least not vocally. I've said this before, but a lot of the songs Madonna has recorded in recent years are very low in pitch, and those kind of vocals just don't hold up on stage. Watch any crow-tastic 4 Minutes performance if you don't believe me.

What ever the Queen choose to sing is good for me!

I'm just happy that my idol still exists.

I'm a fan since "84 and in those days we could choose between Sandra, Sonja, Samantha, Tiffany, Kate,Cindy, Sheena or Belinda!

I don't see those pop tarts do the superbowl!

Madonna you rule!!!!!!!!

What ever the Queen choose to sing is good for me!

I'm just happy that my idol still exists.

I'm a fan since "84 and in those days we could choose between Sandra, Sonja, Samantha, Tiffany, Kate,Cindy, Sheena or Belinda!

I don't see those pop tarts do the superbowl!

Madonna you rule!!!!!!!!

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

However... No love for Debbie "Only in my dreams" Gibson? :(

I didn't realise just how successful Celebration was. It even got into the US top 100.

Sometimes weak songs can come alive when played live and great songs don't translate to the stage. Celebration could work if mixed up a bit. The event warrants party tunes and a great atmosphere rather than some meaningful performance so I think the track list will be light and upbeat.

I didn't realise just how successful Celebration was. It even got into the US top 100.

Sometimes weak songs can come alive when played live and great songs don't translate to the stage. Celebration could work if mixed up a bit. The event warrants party tunes and a great atmosphere rather than some meaningful performance so I think the track list will be light and upbeat.

Actually, the song did peak at #71 in the U.S. Top 100. But I agree, old songs that may not have had a good run the first time around, could come back and do much better whether it's a performance or re-released. I keep thinking of P!nk's "I'm Not Dead" album. It tanked at first. It took nearly a year before the album gained any interest. I believe it was due to a performance P!nk did at the Grammys (??). Then the album rebounded, and produce a number of big hits. I'm not saying this is going to happen with "Celebration", but I believe the SuperBowl performance will be global (even though it's a U.S. event). So who knows what could happen?

I'm actually surprised the song didn't do so well in the U.S. because it seems a lot of songs by other artists have that same RAVE sound now, and have been quite successful.