MASTERPIECE - full leak!

just!ce

Guest groovyguy

http://buzzworthy.mtv.com/2011/12/06/madonna-lana-del-rey-nicki-minaj-new-pop-songs/

Now I'm not one for hyperbolic titles, but this week's roundup sings praises for the Eternal Queen of Pop (And Also Everything), 2012's Most Anticipated Buzz Artist ...

Madonna, "Masterpiece"

After almost 30 years of dominating the industry, it's safe to say that Madonna -- Queen of Pop -- has crafted one or two masterpieces in her day. But now, she's really gone and done it... literally. Produced by William Orbit (the man behind Madge's 1998 grand reawakening, Ray of Light), "Masterpiece" is the gorgeous ballad that will serve as part of the soundtrack for M's upcoming film, "W.E."

"And I'm right by your side, like a thief in the night/I stand in front of a masterpiece," the living legend tenderly declares. With lyrics as poignant as Ray of Light's "Frozen" and gentle instrumentation like the fragile (and underrated) album track "To Have And Not To Hold," "Masterpiece" proves that the collaborative spark that began between Orbit and Madonna more than 10 years ago has yet to fade.

And although the final version has yet to leak in full (only a demo exists for now), "Masterpiece" may just be one of Madonna's best ballads in years, if not decades. Long live the Queen!

Guest groovyguy

http://idolator.com/6100542/madonna-unveils-her-masterpiece

Surely in her decades-spanning music career, Madonna has released a masterpiece or two (or twenty). Now she’s got a track of the same name, “Masterpiece,” in which she sings about the pain of being in love with someone who’s like a great work of art. “If you were the Mona Lisa / You’d be hanging in the Louvre / Everyone would come to see you / You’d be impossible to move,” the “Give Me All Your Love” diva croons on this William Orbit-produced tune, which will play over the end credits of her directorial effort, W.E. (and appear on her 2012 album).

The production is minimal, reminding us very much of Madge’s American Life days, allowing us to focus on the lovely lyrics and Madonna’s gorgeous vocals. All in all, a terrific effort that bodes well for the upcoming album.

I can't stop listening to this ! NOW am REALLY looking forward to the album :angel:

Beautiful song...the orchestra is just.... :dramatic:

Surely there's no orchestra on the version we have? If there is, they shouldn't have wasted their time; it sounds like something you could produce on a yamaha keyboard. I'd like to hear the full BALLS OUT orchestra version with SHIVERING VIOLINS all over it aiming straight for my TEAR DUCTS. The song would suit that kind of melodrama I think.

It's nice to think that the first we heard of the HC era was HEY YOU :zombie: , and the first we're hearing of this era is MASTERPIECE :wow: . I realise that in both cases the content of the album will be totally different in style to these side projects, but as an indicator of quality it must bode well.

Madonna didn't like the REAL ORCHESTRA version apparently :americanlife:

If this was a standalone project I would completely understand. But considering the glorious soundtrack by Abel K. that is quite weird. If she did not like the orchestral she should have stripped down the whole song to piano, guitar and violin only.

Anyway, the will release any version quite soon just to push it into peoples (mostly those who decide about awards) brains.

I read somewhere that a song is only eligible to be nominated for an Oscar if it's played in a scene in the actual movie and that being played over the ending credits doesn't count. If this is true, then Masterpiece wouldn't be eligible. Has anyone else heard this and know if it's true?

that is not true. a song can play during the end credits or during the film to qualify for a nom.

Thanks. It didn't make sense or seem fair to me but sometimes awards shows have weird rules. Because for the most part, I don't think you would want to have someone singing in the background of the actual movie because it might distract from the movie. You would want more instrumental music during actual scenes of the movie.

CERTAINLY not since she's been letting Lola choose her boyfriends :evil:

PUH-leaze! This is all Mercy's fixings. Lola would have picked a skinny hipster for her momma.

I'm sorry but im in love with this demo......people are telling me the Oscars changed the rules 3-4 years ago and a song *must* be played during the film/scene? Is this true?

What other songs have come out this year for films that are worthy? I'm guessing not much. Masterpiece is just lovely i cant imagine how great it will be in HQ and the full version.

I'm sorry but im in love with this demo......people are telling me the Oscars changed the rules 3-4 years ago and a song *must* be played during the film/scene? Is this true?

I can't find anything about this so called change. It most certainly is bullshit.

Since WHEN has she had ANY TASTE? :evil:

Oh No. Please don't take the Orchestra away ! I don't want another 'One more Chance' !

WHY DO PEOPLE DO THIS? :lmao::lmao:

:lol:

I ask myself the same thing. But then again if I had been able to upload myself singing to youtube in 2 minutes back when I was 13 I probably would've been doing the same thing.

Such a beautiful song! Boy can Madonna write a great melody! I agree with those who commented earlier that this could be a #1 hit in the UK/Europe. I am thrilled and extremely grateful that this woman continues to intrigue me and resonate with me after nearly 28 years.

As for its Oscar eligibility, Rule 16 clearly states that as long as a song is the FIRST to be played in the closing credits, then it is eligible. If it's played second, then it's not eligible. It's as simple as that. Madonna has a real shot with this song and if she doesn't get nominated, there's something wrong.

Guest groovyguy

Such a beautiful song! Boy can Madonna write a great melody! I agree with those who commented earlier that this could be a #1 hit in the UK/Europe. I am thrilled and extremely grateful that this woman continues to intrigue me and resonate with me after nearly 28 years.

Ditto