Tour 2012

Guest groovyguy

Guest groovyguy

http://www.facebook.com/notes/madonna-the-queen-of-queens-3/madonna-confirmed-in-turkey/317207494980456

The CNNTurk.com confirms the presence of Madonna in concert in Turkey, namely to:

Tel-Aviv, Israel

Abu Dhabi

Istanbul, Turkey - Turk Telekom Arena

The Turkish friends can rest easy then, and be prepared for the great return of the Queen of Pop!

http://www.facebook.com/notes/madonna-the-queen-of-queens-3/madonna-confirmed-in-turkey/317207494980456

The CNNTurk.com confirms the presence of Madonna in concert in Turkey, namely to:

Tel-Aviv, Israel

Abu Dhabi

Istanbul, Turkey - Turk Telekom Arena

The Turkish friends can rest easy then, and be prepared for the great return of the Queen of Pop!

That FB comment is based on an article published by CNNTurk.com months ago...

I think the reason why it took so long for the Wembley show to sell out was that they basically took the piss with the prices.

They were charging 160 pounds to sit at the back of the stadium and it put a lot of people off. Same thing happened at the two

02 arena shows on round 2. Charging 125 pounds to sit at the back of the arena is a joke. The hardcore fanbase will always cough up the cash. Yes she's Madonna, yes she is a huge attraction

and people are still fascinated by her but there is a limit to what the casual fans will pay. A lot of the UK media have turned on Madonna, They portray her as a rude,

self and aged obsessed control freak. She really needs to do some good PR work for this next album and tour like she did with Confessions. The UK public loved her in that era.

I don't think it is as bad as you would paint it media wise in the UK for her

She's almost a *national* asset also there. She was the most written about celebrity between 2000 and 2010 in the

UK. I suppose the 10 years she spent with Guy in London left a mark. She still has her properties there.

When people are interested in writing about you it means you're still a "product" that sells.

And as they say even bad publicity is good publicity. She will always take some flack in specific areas.

In the film department for instance. As it was predictable W.E. got awfully panned by The Guardian. It still

received 3 stars from The Independent and a positive review from the BBC. It's not that bad really.

As for music, tours, her big fashion campaigns at the grand age of 50+, her spirituality and exercise regime

(big part of her image as well), her business acumen she still reigns everywhere, especially in the UK

She's a cultural and a fashion icon. No one esle enjoys the position that she does in the UK, not in that measure

As for the concert tickets being overpriced I agree in theory

but that's what all the big acts who've been around 20, 30+ years charge and I think

that with this tour will see a further increase as prices haven't been touched since

2004 RIT... we know she has another record to break with this coming tour

Honestly I don't mind spending £160 for her, at least you always get to watch

something amazing

ah, the word that i was looking for, looking at how many dates there are in that Tour itinerary... I just wish she has enough energy...

She will pull it off as usual, no worries :thumbsup:

This tour will add another record to her list of achievements

After Female highest grossing tour (2006) and Solo highest grossing tour (2009) the time has come for

Highest Grossing Tour EVER :confessions:

Since the divorce with Guy Madonna has been vieweed more negatively here in the UK. The press are always portraying her as rude, old, arrogant etc.... A lot of people went off Madonna here even when she was married to Guy. Obviously her UK fans will always be there but with the recession as bad as it is, I do feel she will struggle to sell out stadiums here at such high prices.

You mean she won't sell out a gig in the UK because she's not married to Guy anymore or some press outlets are saying she's rude, arrogant and old? Doubt it.

By the way 2008 was as financially disastrous as the current times. Yet she got

away with charging $400 and £160 so . . .

Since the divorce with Guy Madonna has been vieweed more negatively here in the UK. The press are always portraying her as rude, old, arrogant etc.... A lot of people went off Madonna here even when she was married to Guy. Obviously her UK fans will always be there but with the recession as bad as it is, I do feel she will struggle to sell out stadiums here at such high prices.

MMmm I apreciate what you say but Madge is the queen in the UK. 99% adore her. Nowt to do with Guy, most think he's a con artist. I try to understand you but not quite there. Shes gone quiet in the UK becasue HC wasnt that good to most peoples ears here.

MMmm I apreciate what you say but Madge is the queen in the UK. 99% adore her. Nowt to do with Guy, most think he's a con artist. I try to understand you but not quite there. Shes gone quiet in the UK becasue HC wasnt that good to most peoples ears here.

Definitely more plausible statements :thumbsup:

A lot of Brits were sick of her towards the end of the last decade and havent you noticed that when she was married to Guy the press surrounding her is more positive but now it seems that our press just wanna kick her down at every opportunity, I think Guy came out of the divorce better, no newspapers are slagging him off like they do Madonna. His films are foing great. Like look at the whole booing saga at the premiere of W.E in London, another opportunity for the newspapers to get a dig in. Also the insistence of them calling her "Madge" and all that. Maybe when the promo starts for new project it will get better.

:lol: That's a good sign then as they gave her that nickname over a decade ago and it stands for Majesty

Flop fan :p

Looool true but Its also Brit slang for the word granmother! Even M herself says she does not like the name.

Shes been called Madge here for 20 years. It doesnt meen grandmother, its a turn of affection if you shorten peoples name.

If the papers wanted to call her a grandmother theyd just call her that. :lol: I read all the papers and am a news addict, Ive not seed anything bad about her in years apart from the mails bad film review. M is on top of all the lists for 2012's who to watch. The film might flop but I think with films and M it will just go over peoples heads. I dont know anybody who gives a flying fuck about the real W.E story (a major problem to do with peoples interest anyway).

She's gonna get so pissed off with all the questions about her music and tours doing her movie promo shell start to guess where her fanbase really is.

Shes been called Madge here for 20 years. It doesnt meen grandmother, its a turn of affection if you shorten peoples name.

If the papers wanted to call her a grandmother theyd just call her that. :lol: I read all the papers and am a news addict, Ive not seed anything bad about her in years apart from the mails bad film review. M is on top of all the lists for 2012's who to watch

:thumbsup:

UK Grandmother :rotfl:

Guest groovyguy

http://www.drownedmadonna.com/index/item/388-madonna-leaving-switzerland-today-she-is-expected-to-perform-in-zurich-on-june-17-with-her-tour.html

Madonna leaving Switzerland today. She is expected to perform in Zurich on June 17 with her tour

Latest news from Gstaad is that Madonna visited the Grand Chalet in Rossinière VD, where the eccentric French-Polish artist Balthus lived in retirement, where she met his widow Setsuko Klossowski de Rola. She went there together with Brahim Zaibat and her son David.

Last week Madonna had a a minor car accident in Gstaad, but she is fine.

Madonna leaves Switzerland today, according to Blick. But, reports are that Madonna will stop in Zurich, Switzerland, with her tour to perform at Letzigrund on June 17. The first European dates posted on Madonna.com in early November.

11 June: Zagabria (Croatia) - Maksimir Stadium

14 June: Milan (Italy) - San Siro

17 June: Zurich (Switzerland) - Letzigrund Staidum

20 & 21 June: Barcelona (Spain) - Palau St. Jordi

24 June: Coimbra (Portugal) - Estadio Cidad de Coimbra

28 June: Berlin (Germany) - O2 World

30 June: Hamburg (Germany) - O2 World

http://www.andina.com.pe/Ingles/Noticia.aspx?Id=D0hlEL0CF84=

Madonna, Ringo Starr & other big stars could hit Peru this year

Lima, Jan. 05 (ANDINA). Peruvians are looking forward to another year of memorable concerts, with reports in Lima suggesting the arrival of Madonna, Foo Fighters and Ringo Starr, among other stars.

Last year, after attending large music festivals in countries like Chile and Argentina some artists decided to visit Peru and this year’s edition of Lollapalooza could be a good supplier of music again.

Among the famous bands and singers that will hit Chile for said event are Foo Fighters, Björk and Arctic Monkeys, El Comercio reported.

Also this year, Madonna will release a new album and her promotional tour is already confirmed. Even though Peru was not included in her 2012 Tour itinerary, it was reported that the Queen of Pop will close her concert agenda between January and February, so her shows on this side of the world could take place by the end of this year.

Meanwhile, other megastars that will come to South America in 2012 are over-the-top artist Lady Gaga and Umbrella hitmaker Rihanna, and one of them could visit Peru.

On the other hand, rock lovers have set their hopes on a Ringo Starr concert, who is expected to perform in Mexico, Argentina, Chile and Brazil. According to Somos magazine, the former Beatle is negotiating his arrival to the Andean country.

Another British singer, Morrissey could also land in Peru this year as businessman Alberto Menacho said last month through Facebook that negotiations with the ex-The Smiths are still ongoing.

Guest groovyguy

http://www.mb.com.ph/articles/347284/marvin-aims-bring-madonna-u2-coldplay-concert-phl

Marvin hopes to stage bigger, better shows in the coming future. Among the acts he is planning to bring in for concerts is ‘80s icon Madonna.

“Hindi ko alam, hindi ko sinasabing kami magdadala sa kanya dito pero if ever that would happen, even just to be [part of the] audience lang with my family. She’s my family’s favorite. I guess lahat naman ng mga Pinoy, sino ba namang hindi favorite si Madonna?” he says.

http://www.mb.com.ph...lay-concert-phl

Marvin hopes to stage bigger, better shows in the coming future. Among the acts he is planning to bring in for concerts is '80s icon Madonna.

"Hindi ko alam, hindi ko sinasabing kami magdadala sa kanya dito pero if ever that would happen, even just to be [part of the] audience lang with my family. She's my family's favorite. I guess lahat naman ng mga Pinoy, sino ba namang hindi favorite si Madonna?" he says.

wow groovy... you really scour the net huh... and yes, I hope MADONNA visits the Philippines... she will easily sell out here...

http://www.mb.com.ph/articles/347284/marvin-aims-bring-madonna-u2-coldplay-concert-phl

Marvin hopes to stage bigger, better shows in the coming future. Among the acts he is planning to bring in for concerts is ‘80s icon Madonna.

Why does everybody keep referring to her as that? Can't they just drop the "80s"?

Guest bluejean

Why does everybody keep referring to her as that? Can't they just drop the "80s"?

I know, they're making it sound like she's Cyndi Lauper.

I suppose alot of people do think of her as that but surely the other decades deserve to be recognised. Some of her biggest hits have been beyond the 80's.

Guest groovyguy

wow groovy... you really scour the net huh... and yes, I hope MADONNA visits the Philippines... she will easily sell out here...

Hope she visits the Philippines and other Asian countries. Most of my Filipino friends like her.

Hope she visits the Philippines and other Asian countries. Most of my Filipino friends like her.

Did any of them say how avant garde MADONNA has become now for Filipinos' taste?

Guest groovyguy

Did any of them say how avant garde MADONNA has become now for Filipinos' taste?

No. We don't really talk much about her or any other singer for that matter. My Filipino friends have been in the US for a long time. They love to sing and they usually sing songs from musicals like Miss Saigon, Phantom of the Opera, Rent... They seldom sing pop songs but when they do, it's usually Madonna's songs. It might also be because I have some Madonna's Music Sheet books including Celebration book.

Guest groovyguy

http://www.facebook.com/madonnathequeenofqueens?sk=wall

RUMORS - Fan made

Rumors claim that the 2012 tour will also have a constant in 2013 where it should also affect South Africa. The latter should be divided into 4 parts, one for each decade of her career:

Part 1: 80s -> There will be an 80s years megamix, including the songs: Like a Virgin - Material Girl - Holiday - Express Yourself

Part 2: 90s -> Of course you will find 90s songs remixed. Sure: Ray of Light - Vogue. Speaking of the first performance live of Take a Bow and Don't Cry For Me Argentina from the movie Evita

Part 3: 2000 YEARS -> She'll come under the notes of Music with lots of fire and flame to pass a revised version of American Life, and it is said that the section should conclude with Hung Up!

Part 4: 2010 YEARS -> The concert should conclude with a section dedicated to the new era of Madonna with a grand finale with Gimmie All Your Luvin'

The concert would have 3 interludes between each section, in which will be staged (waiting for her to change clothes) interpretation in theatrical style of her films! We don't know yet what she chose, but they say that there'll be W.E. at the end with Masterpiece.

As for the name, not much is known; is still a mystery, but it should be a tribute to her 30-year career that she would like us to travel over with a single concert!

What do you think? Brilliant, isn't it?

:lmao: