Madonna to perform at Super Bowl! now official!

laroux22

I'm hoping for these songs for the halftime show;

1. Holiday. (Great crowd pleaser,good way to open the show).

2. Like A Prayer. ( Stone cold classic that will get them up and dancing).

3. Give Me All Your Love. ( I hope to God she doesn't bring out the guitar!).

4. Hung Up. ( Great song to keep the crowd dancing).

5. Music. (Another great anthem,great way to end the show).

No guitar please!

wow people really hate Madonna on guitar lol idk i guess cause i play guitar i love watching her on guitar and think people would respect her for playing it. but oh well, she probably won't although i'm sure she wants to, and now that i think about it, Like a Prayer will probably be performed. USA actually does love that song (more than most of her others) for some reason.

I was watching E! earlier today and they mentioned Madonna's performance at the Super Bowl. They supposedly had an online poll asking something like "Are you excited to see Madonna performing at next year's Super Bowl?" and a surprising amount of 74 percent answered no. Had me wondering if some little monsters had ravaged the poll, cuz that sort of response from a place like E! is kinda shocking. Even my casual fan mom was like what?

just remember, at the end of the day, haters will hate. I wouldn't be surprised if it's all an Ageism thing. People think she's too old. Well remember, it doesn't matter cause she's still performing, she'll still be touring, and she ain't going anywhere, so fuck them and let's enjoy these recent news leaks and celebrate her arrival.

just remember, at the end of the day, haters will hate. I wouldn't be surprised if it's all an Ageism thing. People think she's too old. Well remember, it doesn't matter cause she's still performing, she'll still be touring, and she ain't going anywhere, so fuck them and let's enjoy these recent news leaks and celebrate her arrival.

Simply she sucks with the guitar and the way she destroy her most dancey songs with that instrument. ;)

Mensch,hope you're well. I think the reason why people groan when Madonna brings out the guitar,is because it slows the momentumof the show down. It's ok when it's a ballad or when it's an amazing acoustic rendition of a song,like when she performed "Don't Tell Me" on the Letterman show back in 2000. Otherwise it's just totally beige!! If I'm paying £200 to see Madonna live,I want to see her dancing and sweating her ass off!! The bitch has to work hard for our money!!! However in this case I think she needs to put on an amazing show (which I'm sure she will) and out dance Gaga,Perry,and all those other girls,show them how it's done and basically say to those girls "Thanks for keeping the world entertained for the last 2 years ladies!. But Momma's back in town, so get your hands off my crown,and your ass outta my throne,cos there's only room for one queen in this town BITCHES!!

Mensch,hope you're well. I think the reason why people groan when Madonna brings out the guitar,is because it slows the momentumof the show down. It's ok when it's a ballad or when it's an amazing acoustic rendition of a song,like when she performed "Don't Tell Me" on the Letterman show back in 2000. Otherwise it's just totally beige!! If I'm paying £200 to see Madonna live,I want to see her dancing and sweating her ass off!! The bitch has to work hard for our money!!! However in this case I think she needs to put on an amazing show (which I'm sure she will) and out dance Gaga,Perry,and all those other girls,show them how it's done and basically say to those girls "Thanks for keeping the world entertained for the last 2 years ladies!. But Momma's back in town, so get your hands off my crown,and your ass outta my throne,cos there's only room for one queen in this town BITCHES!!

i agree. i can understand how lately she's OVERusing the guitar. But i still love like Ray of Light from Confessions/Sticky (they were both exactly the same lol). I think a football audience would actually enjoy that as opposed to Madonna in a purple leotard singing "Hung Up"...and yes these talentless girls need to step aside (except Gaga, i love gaga... she entertains me like Madonna does ...don't yell at me lol)

ugh and i hope she doesn't use the circe du sole in the way they've been used before.

I'm guessing Madonna will reinvent the idea of having them included in one of her performances since it is such a huge field and she would want everyone entertained because she's smart unlike other artists lol.

Guest ditaluver

i agree with this.

im surprised at the things ive read about it. i just dont understand why she cant get any respect. at all. even the facts arent good enough. people really want her to fail. they ignore her accomplishments and focus on the negative. its disgusting

i agree with this.

im surprised at the things ive read about it. i just dont understand why she cant get any respect. at all. even the facts arent good enough. people really want her to fail. they ignore her accomplishments and focus on the negative. its disgusting

i'm starting to just back down. i'm not defending it anymore cause it's just continuing the arguments. however, i don't mind hearing facts so if someone post about the EW poll, i don't mind hearing about it but yeah i think it has a lot to do with the buttons she pushed and how she was a strong minded woman and didn't take shit from anyone and Americans can't get passed that. that, and the Erotica/Sex book era. People in the States (where i live) feel threatened and use her age as a reason to bash her. It's very psychological and very clear if you were to put things into perspective. the rest of the world loves what she's done because they feel she liberated women and gay men and see her as an icon for helping others. Here, people just talk about her veins, her attitude and how she should help the poor more! Who the hell has any right to tell her what to do. She doesn't even have to help anybody if she doesn't want to and of course American culture is so vein and disgustingly cruel about image and they like to put people down.

Also, I'd like to point out that I believe the only reason she's being accepted with the film W.E. , (not that it's not good, cause i loved it) was because of it's image of rich society and the royal family. that attracts the bored rich women and you could just feel it in the air of the theatre. they were all snobby with their outfits and enjoyed the perspective of a female in all her richness and how she can find herself without her husband. it's "a little bit" of a chick flick, but more than that. it shouldn't be considered one but it has its elements and ultimately for anyone of rich taste, it was a feast for the eyes as well. almost every scene, you would see people pinch their date/partner about the next outfit (i found myself doing it throughout the film...they were just beautiful) so you can imagine how rich women would enjoy that and the story which was interesting to follow (cause it was mix matched in time, so it wasn't easy to follow which kept you discovering the story)

Edited by Mensch

Guest ditaluver

"Gerardi said it’s unlikely that Madonna’s performance will be hailed as a universal smash, but it’s already making headlines.

“It’s impossible to please everybody. I’m sure a lot of people will say, ‘Why didn’t they get Taylor Swift or the Foo Fighters or Jay-Z?’ But Madonna is an American icon.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

But Momma's back in town, so get your hands off my crown,and your ass outta my throne,cos there's only room for one queen in this town BITCHES!!

WOW.

i agree with this.

But that's how its always been. People like her when she stops being "Madonna" i.e.: Evita, Ray of Light (press/spirituality), Motherhood, etc. When she is provocative or political, or sexual... Madonna, they don't like her and view her as a joke.

She always gets the last word, and the joke for that matter, and I'm betting she's going to bring her brand of perfectionism to this.

People will say what they will say, but they won't be saying the performance sucked.

i just dont understand why she cant get any respect. at all. even the facts arent good enough. people really want her to fail. they ignore her accomplishments and focus on the negative. its disgusting

And yet she is still the #1 living musical icon in the world. I don't think Madonna is losing any sleep over it.

Guest ditaluver

And yet she is still the #1 living musical icon in the world. I don't think Madonna is losing any sleep over it.

Oh I know she isn't but it sure as hell irritates me. Someone always bringing me down with their nasty attitude

Guest groovyguy

http://madonnascrapbook.blogspot.com/

The Super Hole

tumblr_lvrizsW5PO1qlycwjo1_r1_500.jpg

Madonna 2012 Super Bowl XLVI Halftime Show Announcement

The announcement of Madonna being the halftime performer at the 2012 Super Bowl is, of course, making news all over. Typically, nobody can take it and that's why it will be the Best Super Bowl half time show in their history. Look at the reaction of people in this Indianapolis news video below.

L-U-V MADONNA!

http://madonnascrapbook.blogspot.com/

The Super Hole

tumblr_lvrizsW5PO1qlycwjo1_r1_500.jpg

Madonna 2012 Super Bowl XLVI Halftime Show Announcement

The announcement of Madonna being the halftime performer at the 2012 Super Bowl is, of course, making news all over. Typically, nobody can take it and that's why it will be the Best Super Bowl half time show in their history. Look at the reaction of people in this Indianapolis news video below.

L-U-V MADONNA!

i guess this is very much expected... mixed reactions...

Guest bluejean

It's really hard to choose which songs she should do but I think something like this.

Holiday

Like A Prayer

Vogue

Hung Up

Give Me All Your Love

She will be playing the guitar. Why wouldn't she? This is her chance to show off her guitar skills infront of all of the US, she wouldn't give up that opportunity.

Guest groovyguy

My Wishful Setlist:

Holiday - The Girlie Show Version

Like A Prayer - Live 8 Version

Vogue - Sticky & Sweet Version

Music - Sticky & Sweet Version

Give Me All Your Love - Rock the Stadium Version

It makes her waaaaaaaay more interesting if she isn't loved by all..... This has always been the case with Madonna and will be even when she's dead! These are americans people! Lol

I was born in the USA they got no taste!

You're so right. It's so unfortunate but in the end, I BET YOU ANYTHING. People will quietly be like, "damn that was actually pretty good!" because Americans just like to hate until you force feed them something good. I mean really, you can't blame people when their listening to Britney Spears and Katy Perry. I guess when I look at it like that, it's because the media plays this garbage and they eat it and radio stations don't really play her.