Madonna to perform at Super Bowl! now official!

laroux22

Guest bluejean

I agree about RIT, but Confessions wasn't really a safe route...

Well it was much safer than American Life, Music or even Ray Of Light. Put it that way.

LUV that performance and hope she does but she'll probably do something different which will also be a hint of the new tour.

I was watching that performance of Vogue last night and thought, this would work well for HALF TIME. Though, I can see some fans getting upset if she did since she did it on tour all ready. Anyway, I hope she does something similar to it. It was ultra cool and I do think it would come off less camp if she did it that way.

Guest bluejean

I was watching that performance of Vogue last night and thought, this would work well for HALF TIME. Though, I can see some fans getting upset if she did since she did it on tour all ready. Anyway, I hope she does something similar to it. It was ultra cool and I do think it would come off less camp if she did it that way.

It would.

I'm torn because I'd love a new version but that version IS so perfect for Superbowl.

Guest FrozenEyes

I think she's forgotten she ever recorded it actually :lol:

The thing with Madonna is that she always wants a hit. She makes risky moves when she's at the top of her game because she knows she's in position to take a risk. For eg Erotica following Vogue or American Life following Music.

As soon as something doesn't do well she goes the extreme safe route (Bedtime Stories, Reinvention/Confessions.)

That seems pretty accurate. Never thought about it like that. :thumbsup:

Excited about superbowl but more excited about her tour . Both are mamoth undertakings .... Hope she has the energy and focus to make both a success and does not peak with the superbowl!!!...

She is rehearsing for both the tour and the halftime show at this point. Super Bowl and Tour will have similar elements. I wouldn't be suprised to see cirque tour with M.

She is rehearsing for both the tour and the halftime show at this point. Super Bowl and Tour will have similar elements. I wouldn't be suprised to see cirque tour with M.

True that..I'm sure that if it was up to her she would play mostly new songs and squeeze in a couple of "oldies but goodies" same as the promo gigs..but she knows that she was to hit em' with the oldies at the hole

More from Stacy on the stage - "Speaking of more good news including the re-post of supposed dates that I posted several days ago which most of those supposed dates are very likely of being confirmed a buddy of mine just sent me several pics of the stage that Madonna will perform on during the super Bowl. And it is AMAZING!!! the stage is very technical with lots of lifts and maby even some Pyro. I won't show the pics because well that would just spoil the surprise but I will say that the superbowl performance most of what you see on the stage will be incorperated into the tour. :) :) ;)"

I doubt they would let her debut new material. They want the half time show to attract as many drunk sports fans as possible so they would probably ask her to perform her biggest, best known hits and nothing TOO GAY (ie no Vogue).

I agree with the above statement.

Well, COADF was "safe" for her, but not in terms of what was big in the U.S. market, that's for sure. And COADF wasn't as off-putting as the Madonna-centric AL.

If she goes with the rumored songs for the SB, they will be good choices.