Madonna to perform at Super Bowl! now official!

laroux22

Guest groovyguy

http://www.drownedmadonna.com/#

Moment Factory: "We are extremely excited to be working with someone as creative, talented and visionary as Madonna,"

"We are extremely excited to be working with someone as creative, talented and visionary as Madonna," said Sakchin Besette, Partner and Creative Director, Moment Factory. "Our team is comprised of artists whose expertise ranges from software development to motion design and all of us are absolutely delighted to be working with an artist whose creativity continues to astound us. Moment Factory always looks to engage audiences with something they have never seen before, and we are certain that this show will thrill spectators."

"Moment Factory is always delighted to work with our close friends at Cirque du Soleil. Moment Factory and Cirque have cooperated on many successful projects and truly enjoy working together," said Eric Fournier, Partner and Executive Producer, Moment Factory. "This is the first time we will be working with Madonna, Jamie King and the NFL and we are very excited to create the best entertainment for millions of fans who will be watching live and via broadcast."

Guest groovyguy

http://blogs.montrealgazette.com/2011/12/05/madonna-knows-what-she-wants-from-cirque-du-soleil-for-super-bowl-number/

Madonna Knows What She Wants from Cirque du Soleil for Super Bowl Number

The Cirque du Soleil’s upcoming collaboration with Madonna for her first Super Bowl half-time show promises an exciting convergence of talents. Nobody will want to miss this event. Not Madonna fans, or Cirque fans or the usual sports fans, and TV ad junkies (only the very best commercials make the cut for Super Bowl).

But exactly what it will look or sound like is going to remain a closely held secret until the very last minute, according to Cirque executive producer and general manager of events and images, Jacques Méthé. He’s in charge of the Cirque side of the deal.

The idea for the collaboration came from Madonna’s management team, he explained, although the fact that Jamie King who just directed the Cirque’s Michael Jackson The Immortal World Tour will also be involved, does make it seem like it’s all in the Cirque family.

“Our role in this is to contribute ideas and components to the scenario,” he said. Although the Cirque will also be involved in practical aspects of staging, “It is our imagination that is solicited here,” he added.

Other than alluding to a “very short and energetic moment”, Méthé is mum about what’s being planned.

“I cannot talk about the content,” he said, “It’s all about Madonna. We leave it to her to decide if and when she wants to reveal anything. This is a Madonna event that we’re contributing to. It’s not about Cirque, it’s about Madonna. The part we’re playing there is really in the creative content and the follow-up, until delivery.”

As for Moment Factory, the second Montreal company that’s involved, it was the Cirque who brought them on board, to handle the projections and multi-media side of the number. They’ve collaborated before on major special events.

The Cirque team has been working with Madonna for about three weeks now, Méthé said. And yes, she has been very hands on. “She knows what she wants,” he said. “That’s how big stars are.”

The 2012 Super Bowl will be aired on NBC on Feb.5, 2012.

The idea for the collaboration came from Madonnas management team, he explained, although the fact that Jamie King who just directed the Cirques Michael Jackson The Immortal World Tour will also be involved, does make it seem like its all in the Cirque family.

Ah, so they came in via Jamie Queen. Makes sense, I always thought Cirque De Soleil was more Celine than Madonna and couldn't imagine her handpicking them.

Guest groovyguy

http://www.indystar.com/article/20111206/ENTERTAINMENT02/312060002/1001/NEWS

What can we expect from Madonna's Super Bowl performance?

It's been 3 years since her last album and 27 years since her first No. 1 hit.

Madonna may be 27 years removed from her first No. 1 hit, but something about her Super Bowl halftime show will be brand new: The Rock and Roll Hall of Famer and MTV-era icon will sing on an Indianapolis stage for the first time.

Eight Madonna tours, from "The Virgin Tour" in 1985 to "The Sticky & Sweet Tour" in 2008, have bypassed Indianapolis.

It took the Super Bowl -- a sporting phenomenon that's never been presented in New York (at least it won't be until 2014), Chicago or Las Vegas -- to bring the Material Girl to the Circle City.

What's in it for her?

The football game is expected to attract more than 100 million TV viewers in the United States, giving Madonna a massive and captive audience for marketing purposes.

Her most recent album, 2008's "Hard Candy," yielded one Top 10 single, "4 Minutes," and two songs that fell short of the Top 40.

New Madonna music, a single titled "Give Me All Your Love" featuring guests Nicki Minaj and M.I.A., will be released in February, while rumors of a 2012 world tour populate the Internet.

The Super Bowl could even boost "W.E.," Madonna's latest effort as a film director. The romantic drama arrives in theaters Feb. 3, two days before the big game.

"What a launching pad," said Steve Gerardi, owner of Indianapolis-based concert promotion company SG Entertainment. "It's great exposure. Look at the cost of a 30-second ad, which is more than $2 million. You can't beat that in valued exposure."

A Super Bowl halftime show typically lasts 12 minutes.

For the NFL and NBC, the network carrying Super Bowl XLVI, Madonna's appearance may attract viewers who otherwise wouldn't check out the telecast.

"People are going to watch the game, period," Gerardi said. "I think the NFL is going to get a big 'wow' out of this show. It's another great decoration and the icing of the cake."

Professional critics and amateur social-media pundits gave low marks to the Who's heritage rock at Super Bowl XLIV and the Black Eyed Peas' modern pop at Super Bowl XLV, leaving the NFL with a two-year skid of absent "wow."

Nikki Reed, an on-air personality at Top 40 radio station WZPL-FM (99.5), said she isn't sure Madonna can snap the streak.

"I'm bored with the idea of Madonna," Reed said. "It's been awhile since she has been this huge figure. I hope that I'm wrong, and I hope that she kills it. That would be an incredible thing for her career."

Rumors of Madonna in Indianapolis had been heavily reported since Oct. 3, when sports website SB Nation published an unconfirmed prediction.

At the office of the Super Bowl Host Committee, news of Madonna's halftime booking arrived Sunday night with the public announcement made on NBC.

Spokeswoman Dianna Boyce said the host committee has no role in selecting the halftime artist (or the yet-to-be-announced performer of "The Star-Spangled Banner").

"For the host committee, it's really just the next stop in building the level of excitement toward game day," Boyce said of the halftime announcement. "It's all about the fever and fervor and the level of fan enthusiasm."

Madonna sounded genuinely fired up on Sunday night, when showbiz TV show "Extra" asked her about the Super Bowl gig.

"It's a huge deal," said Madonna, attending a New York screening of "W.E." "To be as exciting as the football game is a huge challenge. And to get your stage set up in eight minutes, another huge challenge."

Madonna's connections to sports include a mid-1990s romance with basketball player Dennis Rodman.

She also acted in baseball movie "A League of Their Own," which was made in Evansville, Ind., in 1991.

According to the 2001 book "Madonna," by Andrew Morton, she dated rapper Vanilla Ice during the making of the film.

Madonna didn't have a lot of fun in the Hoosier state, however, according to a 1991 interview published in TV Guide magazine.

"I may as well have been in Prague," she said of Evansville. "For the first time in my life I felt very disconnected."

A year later, Madonna was at her most controversial when releasing adult-themed coffee table book "Sex" and an album titled "Erotica."

Nudity also is found in the back pages of Super Bowl halftime shows.

In 2004, Justin Timberlake and Janet Jackson were singing one of Timberlake's hits, "Rock Your Body," when he grabbed Jackson's bustier and pulled away the material that covered her right breast.

A split-second of nudity resulted in a $550,000 indecency fine for CBS.

In subsequent years, acts selected to play halftime have skewed decidedly older than Timberlake (23 at the time), Britney Spears (19 at Super Bowl XXXV) and Christina Aguilera (19 at Super Bowl XXXIV).

Prince was 48 when he played Super Bowl XLI. Subtract last year's appearance by the Black Eyed Peas, and Prince is the youngest performer in a post-"wardrobe malfunction" parade of Paul McCartney, the Rolling Stones, Tom Petty, Bruce Springsteen and the Who.

For the record, Madonna will be 53 when she takes the stage at Lucas Oil Stadium.

But does middle age guarantee a squeaky-clean show? If that's the NFL's logic, radio personality Reed offered this zinger:

"If they're old enough that it's going to take 10 minutes to take off their pants on live TV, we're safe to go with that," Reed said.

Gerardi said it's unlikely that Madonna's performance will be hailed as a universal smash, but it's already making headlines.

"It's impossible to please everybody. I'm sure a lot of people will say, 'Why didn't they get Taylor Swift or the Foo Fighters or Jay-Z?' But Madonna is an American icon."

Guest Topaz Scorpio

Ah, so they came in via Jamie Queen. Makes sense, I always thought Cirque De Soleil was more Celine than Madonna and couldn't imagine her handpicking them.

She already nicked off of Cirque Du Soleil in her tours ("Paradise" in the DWT and "Hollywood" in the RIT come quickly to mind) so clearly she has an interest there.

I'm wondering if this collaboration will lead to a Madonna-inspired Cirque show in Vegas or somewhere else. They already have ones based on the music of The Beatles and Elvis and something coming with Michael Jackson's.

Wanda 7 hours ago Why isn't an American artist doing the half time show? This is an American event........... The Cirque du Soleil is not American either.......... :lol:

GlennN • Fountain Valley, United States • 21 hours ago Why? She has not been good for years.

My pick? Metallica. :lol:

Kelly about an hour ago Madonna sucks! She sold 300 million records and we all know that people who are popular are bad singers. Madonna is bad! She transformed the pop industry and we all know that people who are transformative are bland and boring. We also hate madonna because she empowers women! :lol:

their comments over there makes my blood really want to boil... :rant:

Guest bluejean

It's odd that so many people are being negative about it. What was the reaction the last time she was announced to be doing the Superbowl?

It's odd that so many people are being negative about it. What was the reaction the last time she was announced to be doing the Superbowl?

I don't remember exactly, but it was around the time "American Pie" was coming out and you can remember how much most people hated that.

Honestly, I welcome the hatred. It's been there since the beginning of this bitch's career and in my opinion it only fuels her fire. The fact that she illicits reactions of all kinds is a testament to her power. Is anyone having this conversation about Mariah Carey? Cyndi Lauper? Paula Abdul? No. Because no one cares about them.

Yahoo!'s main page has a poll- "What is your favorite Madonna song?" The choices are "Express Yourself," "Like a Prayer" and "Vogue"- then it has the SB article link under it.

With 8,310 (and growing by the second) votes cast, LAP currently is leading, with 48%, followed by "Vogue" (32%) and EY (20%).

their comments over there makes my blood really want to boil... :rant:

That's why a few weeks ago I was "predicting" according to someone, but my opinion still stands. All these football love guys are NOT going to be thrilled to see Gay Icon Madonna dancing around, which is why I like the idea of at least one song being on guitar like Ray of Light, Like a Prayer (even though Im tired of it but everyone's loves it sooo much, the religious theme gets people), maybe Music/Holiday/Express Yourself ....something like that. I don't know. I'm excited there has been no mention of MIA or Nicki in the performance. I hope that means something...that they won't be destroying my Superbowl! :)

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

i don't get the hatred she receives in the USA either.. europe loves M!

Well she's a fag icon in a football game, hardly an easy merging of images :lol: are there any straight men who watch the Superbowl who will actually give a fuck she's there? i really doubt it, wrong demographic, especially once she breaks out into Give Me A Bucket. Men will no doubt need to go off and fuck their girfriends after that song to make sure their dicks are still in tact. It's not like she's some hot 20 year old they can oogle at because of her tight wet pussy [/rihannaonstage], she's old :lol:

She's there for the girls and the gays, and for any straight guy who might be able to appreciate a music icon on stage. Who cares really, we're all excited, that's all that matters.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

Aren't most comments about famous people hateful trash online anyway, fuck those cunts. Look at youtube, it's like the most VILE place on Earth there when it comes to comment time :crazy:

Well she's a fag icon in a football game, hardly an easy merging of images :lol: are there any straight men who watch the Superbowl who will actually give a fuck she's there? i really doubt it, wrong demographic, especially once she breaks out into Give Me A Bucket.

I agree. I expected this somewhat. It's not like she is playing NYC Gay Pride. She is playing in Indianapolis at a football game.

I am sure she will put on a good show. And please remember she recycles her performances later on tour - so if we see the same versions of the songs she does at the Superbowl later that summer, no one should be surprised.

Guest Not4Pussies

same thing happened when she played at Coachella. people were bitching and hating, mostly straight men.

and what happened? that dance tent was packed! they had to open the sides and add screens so more people could fit and see her.

at the end of her set, i heard guys commenting how sexy she looked with one guy saying he wanted a blowjob from madonna. lol

they can hate all they want, yes it might be the wrong demographic but theyll be there watching and hopefully eating their words.

Madonna doesn't give head.

She gives head to evain bottle.

Nikki Reed, an on-air personality at Top 40 radio station WZPL-FM (99.5), said she isn't sure Madonna can snap the streak.

"I'm bored with the idea of Madonna," Reed said. "It's been awhile since she has been this huge figure. I hope that I'm wrong, and I hope that she kills it. That would be an incredible thing for her career."

What the fuck is an On Air personality ? So she doesn't have any personality when she in not On Air ?

I agree. I expected this somewhat. It's not like she is playing NYC Gay Pride. She is playing in Indianapolis at a football game.

I am sure she will put on a good show. And please remember she recycles her performances later on tour - so if we see the same versions of the songs she does at the Superbowl later that summer, no one should be surprised.

I disagree, in general people hate her because she is the manipulative pop whore with no talent & a pussy that will trap ur cock. Sure she has a huge gay following, but she's not Kylie…as a cultural figure she embodies much more (this is NOT a Kylie dig)…so I wouldn't think that that's why people don't want her at a football game. Although I'm sure it's part of it :)

Guest bluejean

I disagree, in general people hate her because she is the manipulative pop whore with no talent & a pussy that will trap ur cock. Sure she has a huge gay following, but she's not Kylie…as a cultural figure she embodies much more (this is NOT a Kylie dig)…so I wouldn't think that that's why people don't want her at a football game. Although I'm sure it's part of it :)

Kylie is loathed in Australia by "real music" fans and has received similar flack when appearing at big events on news sites and in the media.

As is the case for Kylie, it comes down to the fact that alot of people just don't think Madonna is talented or worthy of such success and longevity. People will be more vicious in Madonna's case because she has been a controversial artist from the word dot and evokes alot of strong reactions from the public (way more than any current pop stars who are bland in comparison.)

As I keep saying, I swear the response to Prince performing at the Superbowl was overly negative as well. It just seems alot louder for Madonna because she is more famous/infamous. It's largely to do with the audience itself, not Americans in general.

I think for the most part the football fans just feel indifferent about Madonna. Perhaps the negative press will make alot more people bother to watch it. If she does a good job the feedback will seem overwhelmingly positive in contrast.

I actually hope she throws in something controversial. Of course it will have to be well thought out after Nipplegate.

What do you think is the best entrance this time? A Glee-like 4-Minutes Intro would be great to kickstart everyone... Just the Intro then she can get into her classic anthems...

http://www.wishtv.com/dpp/super_bowl_xlvi/how-to-get-on-madonnas-stage-crew-and-tour-the-super-bowl-stadium

How to get on Madonna's stage crew and tour the Super Bowl stadium

Updated: Wednesday, 07 Dec 2011, 8:13 AM EST

Published : Wednesday, 07 Dec 2011, 8:10 AM EST

Staff Reports

INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) - Central Indiana residents can get involved with the Super Bowl in ways that don’t involve buying a ticket to the big game.

Super Bowl planners say they’re trying to find 500 local people to be the stage crew for Madonna’s halftime performance. Fans can also for the first time access Super Bowl Media Day.

Officials say no previous experience is necessary to apply to be one of the 500 people helping with the Madonna performance. The people selected will help run the stage onto the field and perform other duties during the show.

Volunteers would be required to attend rehearsals and must be 18 or older. While the stage crew volunteers don’t get tickets to the show, they will remain in a database to possibly be asked to help with future NFL events.

To register to volunteer for the stage crew, click here .

Fans can also spend $25 per ticket to attend Super Bowl Media Day on Jan. 31. Tickets will give fans a chance to sit in the stands at Lucas Oil Stadium and watch as players interact with the media and take team photos in uniform. Fans will also get a gift bag that includes a radio to tune in to the day’s coverage on NFL Network.

Two other ways fans can have fun without going to the game include visiting the NFL Experience and participating in a Super Bowl stadium tour. The tours cost $15-$30 depending on the day and give access to the field, team locker rooms and other compounds created for the Super Bowl.

Stadium tours are $15 for Jan. 23-27 and Feb. 7, $25 for Jan. 28-30 and Feb. 1-2, and $30 for Feb. 6. There will be no tours on Jan. 31 and Feb. 3-5. A maximum of 35 people can be on a tour. Tickets go on sale Wednesday through Ticketmaster or at the Lucas Oil Box Office.

Guest groovyguy

To register to volunteer for the stage crew, click here.

Hello Indianapolis!

Where will YOU be on February 5, 2012?

On the field at the Super Bowl?

We are in the process of recruiting volunteers for the

Halftime Show Stage Crew, featuring

MadonnaLogo.png

Please review the schedule prior to making the volunteer commitment. You will need to plan on attending ALL rehearsals in their entirety.

(Note this volunteer opportunity is NOT affiliated with the Host Committee volunteer system.)

PrinceStageRollout.jpgSBXLIV_034.jpgBEPStage.jpg

http://www.tmz.com/2011/12/07/gene-simmons-madonna-super-bowl-halftime-show/

Gene Simmons

BLASTS Madonna --

'Not Appropriate' for Super Bowl

Madonna has no business performing at the Super Bowl ... this according to legendary KISS frontman Gene Simmons, who thinks the game would be better off with a "real band."

Simmons was leaving Boa in Hollywood last night when we asked how he felt about Madge headlining the Super Bowl halftime show -- to which Gene sarcastically replied, "I love all karaoke singers, I love all the girl singers who get up and sing with tapes ... shame on you!"

Gene added, "By the way, Madonna's terrific ... I hate the tapes."

To register to volunteer for the stage crew, click here.

Hello Indianapolis!

Where will YOU be on February 5, 2012?

On the field at the Super Bowl?

We are in the process of recruiting volunteers for the

Halftime Show Stage Crew, featuring

MadonnaLogo.png

Please review the schedule prior to making the volunteer commitment. You will need to plan on attending ALL rehearsals in their entirety.

(Note this volunteer opportunity is NOT affiliated with the Host Committee volunteer system.)

PrinceStageRollout.jpgSBXLIV_034.jpgBEPStage.jpg

I would SO volunteer if I was near Indianapolis. Imagine actually having the opportunity to rehearse WITH Madonna (or with Madonna's stage as I doubt she would be in the same room with the plebs and I think the stage crew just trains in putting the stage together really quickly).

http://www.tmz.com/2011/12/07/gene-simmons-madonna-super-bowl-halftime-show/

Gene Simmons

BLASTS Madonna --

'Not Appropriate' for Super Bowl

Madonna has no business performing at the Super Bowl ... this according to legendary KISS frontman Gene Simmons, who thinks the game would be better off with a "real band."

Simmons was leaving Boa in Hollywood last night when we asked how he felt about Madge headlining the Super Bowl halftime show -- to which Gene sarcastically replied, "I love all karaoke singers, I love all the girl singers who get up and sing with tapes ... shame on you!"

Gene added, "By the way, Madonna's terrific ... I hate the tapes."

These are the comments that irritate me the most. Just because she's blonde, sexual female that relies heavily on image and is a massive pop culture figure that sings pop music it's automatically assumed she mimes everything. OBVIOUSLY these "haters" have never heard her croak through a good portion of the BA tour.....or seen her nail it at the '91 Academy Awards.....or heard her crow call in recent years on CT and S&S.

What's funny is the day after the SB performance I'm SURE there will be comments about how she can't sing live, she's "lost it" as a vocalist etc. Hasn't Gene always had some sort of beef with Madonna? Sounds like jealousy. Guess he's bitter that as a "ROCK GOD" he's STILL waiting to be inducted into the RRHOF while Madonna, a mere POP STAR got in on first year of eligibility without hesitation. Oh well.....I mean for a rocker like him that's the equivalent to having his balls removed.

as gene simmons proved with his comment, im afraid many people today see madonna as an older version of britney mixed with kylie minogue. theyre the same people only knowing about her signature songs such as 4 minutes, like a virgin, and the flukes that are vogue and like a prayer :electropop: