I watched Madonna's S&S DVD!

karbatal

Ok so i went to that concert and found it boring so i never bought the DVD, but it was so cheap at Fnac in my town that i bought it for 6 euros last week. I called a friend to watch it and i had so much fun! But mainly because we could sing along to the songs making up the words. The best song to sing along was Lela Tute Peta or whatever.

I have discovered very good performances there: She's not Me, Music, Give it To me (i found this VERY annoying live but loved it in DVD because i discovered her flat trainers and her legs movements, the same ones she used to do back then in the 80s), You Must Love Me, Vogue...

Still find it a very poor concert, but love just how much fun Madonna seems to have. And ok, that tranny that was in the audience. Love her, i wish she were interviewd in the extras!

oh i and LOVED the behind the scenes docu!

I've never been to M's concert, but I buy all the concert releases and watch it as I return home. I must admit S&S is not my favorite tour, just as Hard Candy is not my favorite album. In fact, IMO it was a big mistake to work with Timbaland. I wonder what happened. His collaboration with other artists, e.g. Nelly Furtado seem to have worked out fine, but with Madonna it just didn't

I have NEVER seen this tour. I've watched bits and pieces but I can't bring myself to watch the whole thing straight through. The costumes, HC heavy set list..it's just not for me. :(

If you find it cheap, buy it. Some parts are really good and Madonna looks very relaxed and happy! She seemed happy with Confessions, but with this tour she really is relaxed and having a good time. Give it a try.

Guest Madonna Bowie Prince

I respect your opinion.

But to me it's a GREAT tour, her best? no, but definitely her most ENERGETIC and fun.

To me, the album and the tour are just a street/funk version of the Confessions album and tour.

Guest Madonna Bowie Prince

I always find it weird when people think this tour is energetic. In fact, performances like Into the Groove or 4 Minutes lack energy.

Maybe 4 minutes.

But Into The Groove is quite energetic, so are Vogue, Like a Prayer, La Isla Bonita etc.

I don't see how ANY Madonna concert can not be energetic, you know? :)

I bought the bluray of this show and the visuals are stunning. I still think it's probably her weakest tour since the pre-Blond Ambition times, but it still has some wonderful moments. Vogue in particular, is stunning.

Hello Riverbabe!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you staying with us for good? I hope so.

I like Vogue a lot, but sometimes i wish Madonna doesn't rely so much in those violent movements. Her feet dancing in Give in to Me are far more enjoyable. Of course that's my opinion.

Hello Riverbabe!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you staying with us for good? I hope so.

Hey Karby! I've missed you a lot. I just popped in here the other day, so I'll probably be sticking around alright. I'd best avoid the GaGa threads though... ;)

I've missed you a lot too. More than you think.

Gaga's threads are safe. There's one for haters and one for followers, so you can visit either of them. I think you are a follower, right?

Oh God, i am having my holidays next friday and i am in pre holiday mood and can't get to work and here i am spending my time answering threads!!!!!!!!!!!!! This reminds me to my years when i worked in the internet section in my newspaper and spent loads of time writing in this forum!

But to me it's a GREAT tour, her best? no, but definitely her most ENERGETIC and fun.

SO MUCH energy, I totally agree. Great even if it wasn't her best. I saw it in person and was just amazed at how the bitch keeps GOING. I was huffing and puffing after about 10 minutes of jumping, LOL :electropop::electropop:

I love the blu-ray of "Sticky and Sweet" - the visuals are incredible... no pun. I wish we could get more tours in hi-def!

oh i and LOVED the behind the scenes docu!

Ugh I know! So awesome...wish it was longer!

Guest groovyguy

SO MUCH energy, I totally agree. Great even if it wasn't her best. I saw it in person and was just amazed at how the bitch keeps GOING. I was huffing and puffing after about 10 minutes of jumping, LOL :electropop::electropop:

I love the blu-ray of "Sticky and Sweet" - the visuals are incredible... no pun. I wish we could get more tours in hi-def!

Not my favorite M tour but still a great tour with stunning visuals and electrifying energy.

I can understand certain people having a 'strong dislike' 4 this tour, based on the setlist or the lack of a proper thematic thread...but 2 say that it's 'poor' is just plain fucking ridiculous. If u compare the actual performing in terms of Madonna's physicality it was as if she was let out of a cage, RIT & CT was really all about Madonna the Guy Ritchie fembot walking through the production with a few power surges here & there....Sticky brought back a certain vulgarity, in terms of her pathos at least it's up there with BAT & GS.

EAT IT!!!!!

P.S don't 4get she was a 102 during the Sticky. :fag:

I can understand certain people having a 'strong dislike' 4 this tour, based on the setlist or the lack of a proper thematic thread...but 2 say that it's 'poor' is just plain fucking ridiculous. If u compare the actual performing in terms of Madonna's physicality it was as if she was let out of a cage, RIT & CT was really all about Madonna the Guy Ritchie fembot walking through the production with a few power surges here & there....Sticky brought back a certain vulgarity, in terms of her pathos at least it's up there with BAT & GS.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I thought it was a really boring concert . The costumes were naff and so uncool. I don't mind the set list being HC heavy - though it's not my fav album but I just feel on the whole that it lacked a certain something . the opening was boring and there were moments in the show that forced me to grab my remote and pressed fast forward .

And the sticking her finger in the crotch every 5 minutes - please make it go away .

Confessions Tour had a large part in making me the fan I am now but I love S&S as well. It's just fun and energetic without worrying about being artistic that much.

I like the tour, but I don't feel bad or anything that I didn't see it live (as I would have for DWT, RIT and Confessions). It also lacked a great dramatic/somewhat-thematic section. BAT had Act 2 ("Like a Virgin," "Like a Prayer," "Live to Tell," "Oh Father," "Papa Don't Preach"), Girlie Show had Act 2 ("Express Yourself," "Deeper and Deeper," "Why's it So Hard," "In This Life"), Drowned World had Act 2 ("Paradise," "Frozen," "Nobody's Pefect," "Mer Girl, "Sky Fits Heaven"), re-Invention had a section ("Die Another Day," "Lament," "Bedtime Story") and Confessions had a section ("Confessions," "Live to Tell," "Forbidden Love," "Isaac"). Because S&S was so heavy on the "fun," it lacked that aspect.

I like the tour, but I don't feel bad or anything that I didn't see it live (as I would have for DWT, RIT and Confessions). It also lacked a great dramatic/somewhat-thematic section. BAT had Act 2 ("Like a Virgin," "Like a Prayer," "Live to Tell," "Oh Father," "Papa Don't Preach"), Girlie Show had Act 2 ("Express Yourself," "Deeper and Deeper," "Why's it So Hard," "In This Life"), Drowned World had Act 2 ("Paradise," "Frozen," "Nobody's Pefect," "Mer Girl, "Sky Fits Heaven"), re-Invention had a section ("Die Another Day," "Lament," "Bedtime Story") and Confessions had a section ("Confessions," "Live to Tell," "Forbidden Love," "Isaac"). Because S&S was so heavy on the "fun," it lacked that aspect.

I didn't realize u hadn't seen it! What was the reason, if I may ask.. :kiss2:

I saw both legs, multiple times :fag:

And that's why you are pretty gone from the world...

Just to imply that she was a robotic Miss Ritchie in Confessions means that your brain is still jumping the rope with Madonna.

Just to imply that she was a robotic Miss Ritchie in Confessions means that your brain is still jumping the rope with Madonna.

I know. Just because it was post-divorce, it doesn't mean EVERYTHING can be attributed to Guy. Confessions is divine and I like my Madonna with peaks and valleys and not jumping (and thrusting) around like a crazy woman all the time.

actually I love ESTHER RITCHIE LEON RODMAN PENN, & i'm not blaming anything on GUY :lol: but MDolla Luz was all about the physical therapy she so thoroughly needed, saw her booty get down like...

Now return 2 ur Kylie shed & wait 'till I tell u 2 come out & play.

actually I love ESTHER RITCHIE LEON RODMAN PENN, & i'm not blaming anything on GUY :lol: but MDolla Luz was all about the physical therapy she so thoroughly needed, saw her booty get down like...

Now return 2 ur Kylie shed & wait 'till I tell u 2 come out & play.

Come and play with my dong.

EAT IT!!!!!

P.S don't 4get she was a 102 during the Sticky. :fag:

This is quite possibly the best "analysis" of this tour that I've read from a fan! The "power surge" analogy is spot on. Something that had been missing from her stage shows since DWT came back with S&S. Certainly not her most clever, thought provoking or as you said thematic show but when a diehard fan calls it "poor" it always leaves me a bit baffled.