Joe Henry mentions M in a new interview

Guest chatty kathy

If there's one genre she should never do on record it's RAWK.

she'll b treated as the ultimate poser..

rock + poppy edge = LAME.

I don't understand why people want her 2 go there..

Right. It's lame no matter who does it. Pop/rock is a big YUCK to me, in general, let alone involving Madonna in that shit.

I will have to agree with acko. :bow:

Because they're gay and they don't listen to rock music. They think the Headcleanr remix of "American Life" is rock :rotfl:

So yes of course I agree with you; a rock Madonna album would be horrifying.

And honestly, it doesn't have to be Alice in Chains. How about Ride? Or Neutral Milk Hotel? Or Pixies? Or even as basic as The Rolling Stones at their peak? Madonna probably doesn't know who the first 3 are. :lol: She is NOT a rock chick AT ALL. There is nothing about her that understands it.

We as Madonna fans should not want her to sound like Pink, Kelly Clarkson, etc. etc. Fucking gross.

I'd love Madonna to give us a more melancholic album with strong lyrics and powerful melodies. Joe Henry definitely is the right choice for producing and writing some songs for such an album! Sounds too good to be true because ...

Wont happen why Guy is in charge though.

:mad: Right, that's the point. He will force her to do another crappy dance album IMO ...

You people are so narrow minded, it's unbelievable. I do know who Alice in Chains are, but that's not the only genre of rock. What's wrong with pop/rock music like Pink and Kelly Clarkson? I don't get it.

Why can't Madonna try something a little different outside of her comfort zone? She did Breathless and Evita, which were outside of her usual thing. What happened to learning and trying new things? Open your minds.

Yes, and I am a woman. I don't see a lot of gay men on here advocating rock. Mostly the gay community wants to keep her in one place from what I see, doing Kylie like dance music and ballads. Honestly, the gay community is some of the most narrow minded and intolerant judgmental group of people that ever existed.

I wouldn't want a whole album of just rock. She could mix it in with some ballads and some mid tempo acoustic stuff. She says she likes duality and contrasts. That would be interesting.

Narrow-minded? There are people here who truly listen to all genres of music, and yet you say they're narrow minded because they don't want Madonna to sound like some cheap pop diva?

What Pink and Kelly Clarkson do fit them well, but it's nothing Madonna has ever explored and truly shouldn't (beyond those awful mixes on Remixed and Revisted and performances on RIT). I'm totally down with Madonna doing something different than dance.. as long as it's not generic like a Linda Perry collaboration.

The majority of this thread is filled with FAGS who are supporting her working with an alternative musician. Who has nothing to do with dance music. As you put it, he's too folk/country for your taste. What is 'Kylie Minogue' about that?

Seems you're the one stereotyping, lady.

You people are so narrow minded, it's unbelievable. I do know who Alice in Chains are, but that's not the only genre of rock. What's wrong with pop/rock music like Pink and Kelly Clarkson? I don't get it.

Why can't Madonna try something a little different outside of her comfort zone? She did Breathless and Evita, which were outside of her usual thing. What happened to learning and trying new things? Open your minds.

Yes, and I am a woman. I don't see a lot of gay men on here advocating rock. Mostly the gay community wants to keep her in one place from what I see, doing Kylie like dance music and ballads. Honestly, the gay community is some of the most narrow minded and intolerant judgmental group of people that ever existed.

I wouldn't want a whole album of just rock. She could mix it in with some ballads and some mid tempo acoustic stuff. She says she likes duality and contrasts. That would be interesting.

Agreed. Alice in Chains are hardly hardcore anyway, but I love Nutshell it's one of my favourite songs ever. I think Madonna could make an album influenced by bands like Death from above 1979, The faint etc who have a melodic sound and electronic accompaniement etc. I don't think she could do a 'rock' album, as it were...but then it depends on what you mean by rock. She could definitely do some well produced electro-acoustic tracks that had real body and soul and some slick and edgy rock/electronica hybrids. I'm thinking of some of her recent remixes as inspiration...LIWB paper faces etc. She doesn't need to do a 4 line solo on a song and scream to make a rock influenced album. I'm not a 'rock' or 'metal' fan but my musical taste generally veers away from pop on the whole. So I certainly couldn't be accused of being ignorant on the matter. I would like to hear her singing with live instruments, but that doesn't mean to say it has to be guitar, bass and a standard drum kit.

All i want is for her to bring the guitars back on her albums. She first started with them (Lucky Star, Burning Up, Dress Up, etc...)

Im not into heavy metal, and if Madonna were to go down that route id prob laugh.

But im all for an album that has that rock/guitar element. They dont to be full on rock band type. I just like a little bit of that flavor in her music.

Ray of Light has that.

Guest bluejean

I wonder what keeps her away from fully work with him.

I think his production/style is not commercial or pop enough for where she is at. So I guess that's the point he's making, that she's not at a point in her career of letting that go just yet. But maybe when she is they will do an album together. But I guess they could write together some more and have others produce like they did with Don't Tell Me and Jump.

Guest bluejean

All i want is for her to bring the guitars back on her albums. She first started with them (Lucky Star, Burning Up, Dress Up, etc...)

Im not into heavy metal, and if Madonna were to go down that route id prob laugh.

But im all for an album that has that rock/guitar element. They dont to be full on rock band type. I just like a little bit of that flavor in her music.

Ray of Light has that.

Well some tracks on Hard Candy did have guitars though.

I actually would love the return of some piano ballads. That's something she hasn't done in ages.

i miss the piano power ballads too

she ll never do a rock album

it would be an awful direction she s cleverer than that

i see her doing some great pop dance album with the help of p. leonard and j. henry

I think his production/style is not commercial or pop enough for where she is at. So I guess that's the point he's making, that she's not at a point in her career of letting that go just yet. But maybe when she is they will do an album together. But I guess they could write together some more and have others produce like they did with Don't Tell Me and Jump.

The same could b argued 4 Orbit & Mirwaïs. I think he's actually referring 2 a gloomier kind of songwriting.

The same could b argued 4 Orbit & Mirwaïs. I think he's actually referring 2 a gloomier kind of songwriting.

But Orbit and Mirawis were rooted in the dance world like her and had proved that they could do catchy stuff. From the little Ive heard, Joe Henry sounds like he comes from the dreaded singer/songwriter scene which is so not her.