Joe Henry mentions M in a new interview

Guest chatty kathy

Guest chatty kathy

You're hardly Mick Jagger, but you are a public figure. Doesn't living out in the open cause problems?

Occasionally. I'm not the kind of public figure for whom that is an issue, though I will say my wife's sister is the sort of public figure for whom that is an issue. It's become a bigger problem because of my proximity to her. There are fanatics of Madonna who may well decide to walk up to our yard because they can. It has happened and it has been uncomfortable. I've never felt in jeopardy. But I certainly have felt irritated because of it.

What about producing an album for Madonna?

Don't think we haven't talked about it. When she's ready to make that shift, it's easily done. I think it's just a matter of her getting to the point creatively where she is completely at peace with swimming in different water. I believe we'll get there. And I'll be terribly excited about it when it happens.

Source and Complete Interview: http://jam.canoe.ca/Music/Artists/H/Henry_Joe/2010/07/21/14781411.html

Sounds promising! I'd like to hear if not an entire Madonna cd at least several tracks produced by Joe.

They are a match made in heaven, musically that is.

Everything the two of them have worked on together, even its just lyrics, have been nothing but sweet bliss

What about producing an album for Madonna?

Don't think we haven't talked about it. When she's ready to make that shift, it's easily done. I think it's just a matter of her getting to the point creatively where she is completely at peace with swimming in different water. I believe we'll get there. And I'll be terribly excited about it when it happens.

Someone tweet this to Guy O! :wow:

With a million of fan signatures...

Oh how I want this!!!

It would truly be the new LAP :inlove:

creatively where she is completely at peace with swimming in different water

Someone decode this message please.. :fag:

Ive never heard anything that he's done that wasnt via Madonna but I think he makes completely different sounding music than she does, right?

His arrangements r amazing..He would compute very well with Madonna's melancholy side.

U know, nobody does pop melodrama quite like Madonna. All the power ballad bitches

in the world couldn't compete with Madonna's pathos, even if they tried.

His arrangements r amazing..He would compute very well with Madonna's melancholy side.

U know, nobody does pop melodrama quite like Madonna. All the power ballad bitches

Oh ABSOLUTELY. NO ONE tugs at my heartstrings like Madonna even with comparably 'limited' vocal abilities.

The Ballad of the In-law: Joe Henry Thanks Madonna

CIRCA 2004

Joe Henry would be one of those many struggling american singer-songwriters.

The meter for his biggest selling album 'Scar' clocks in at a modest 25.000 copies (worldwide). Nice little detail, his sister in-law goes by the illustrious name of Madonna. In fact the Diva was so impressed by Henry's song 'Stop' she used it as the basis for her world-wide smash 'Dont' Tell Me'. And u know how these things go. All of a sudden people became interested in Henry's solo material. Rightfully so.

HUMO: Did Madonna's 'Don't tell Me' give u any financial security?

Henry I've been able to make a living out of doing music

for years now. I work as a producer and I write music for films as well.

But, DTM did make my life a whole lot easier. I can finally buy my children a pair of braces now.

My wife (Melanie Ciccone) instantly felt it was the right song for Madonna. She insisted that it be sent to her. At first I thought the idea was completely insane.

I mean if I was to send her a tune I had a few songs that seemed far more appropriate. But I was wrong. She fell for DTM immediately. When she told me,

I thought oh well, she probably won't record it. And when she did record it, I had this idea that it would never make it onto the album. Wrong again. But I was so very sure that it would never, not in a million years, become a bonafide hit. The song then stranded at #4 in the US, in many countries it even made it to #1. Shortly after I went to a Madonna concert where she sang it live. Hearing twenty thousand 15-year-olds sing along to your words is quite an extraordinary feeling.

HUMO: Did she ask you for more songs, afterwards?

Henry Well, right now we're writing some songs for a musical.

It's about the era of the 'silent movie'. I learned not to harbour any expectations and just cease every interesting opportunity.

You know, I've noticed that many journalists think I resent DTM. But what can b more beautiful for a songwriter than having one of your songs covered? And when they still ring true in a completely different version... .

I can't think of a bigger compliment.

HUMO: The only song you recorded together was 'Guilty by Association'. In the liner notes for its parent album 'Sweet Relief II' you dub Madonna: 'The voice of a generation'. Irony?

Henry A little laughs. But irony only works when there's truth to it.

For better or for worse, Madonna is the voice of a certain generation. Otherwise GAP wouldn't pay her 10 million dollars for a commercial. She's just not the voice of my generation. The age gap is a bit too small for that.

HUMO: What do you call her when you're among family? Madonna (her real name by the way) or Louise (her middle name)

Henry Usually, it's Nonnie, her nickname since childhood. I just can't call her Madonna. It feels like a brand, not a name. I called her Louise for so many years, but after we named our daughter that we had to go back to Nonnie.

HUMO: You named your daughter after Madonna?!?

Henry Laughs... no. Melanie's mother died when my wife was still a toddler, her name was Madonna Louise. So, we wanted to name our daughter after her. You understand that Madonna was not an option.

HUMO: You also went to school with notorious serial killer Jeffrey Dahmer.

Henry Yes, we were good friends in elementary school. David Letterman said to me: "It's astonishing that you went to school with Dahmer and Madonna. They're both cannibals!".

GSM u heard his 'STOP' right?

:fag: x100

I´ve just heard Joe´s Stop, and Don´t tell me is a pure cover...that it doesn´t have nearly anything in common with the first song! wow, I would really love to see how madonna works...and I thought madonna didn´t like nonnie as a nickname...

I wonder what keeps her away from fully work with him. At least lyrically he is a must!

Not just lyrically. I say a full-on collaboration. It would be a whole new era and would open her up to a new audience. We'll still be there, because it'll most likely be good/great/mind-blowing. I'm thinking more the latter.

I love his enthusiasm. He clearly believes in her talent.

She obviously has a hard time growing old(er). Who doesn't? I'm sure it's difficult for her to let go of her hit-making past (HELLO HARD CANDY - which I like, homos). He's basically saying, once she accepts no longer being the hit-machine, she'll be ready to just let it all hang out and do what she really wants and is capable of. I'm excited and ready for that day.

Not just lyrically. I say a full-on collaboration. It would be a whole new era and would open her up to a new audience. We'll still be there, because it'll most likely be good/great/mind-blowing. I'm thinking more the latter.

She obviously has a hard time growing old(er). Who doesn't? I'm sure it's difficult for her to let go of her hit-making past (HELLO HARD CANDY - which I like, homos). He's basically saying, once she accepts no longer being the hit-machine, she'll be ready to just let it all hang out and do what she really wants and is capable of. I'm excited and ready for that day.

:clap:

& with her new multi million 360° deal, I say THE TIME IS FUCKING NOW. :fag:

I would love for Madonna to try something different, but I'm not 100% sure that Joe Henry is the right person for her to go with. I love Don't Tell Me, but for me his solo records are a little too slow, country and folky for my taste. I would prefer a more rock influenced direction. Maybe she could do a couple of songs with him but I don't know about a whole album. It might be too quiet and sleep inducing.

I´ve just heard Joe´s Stop, and Don´t tell me is a pure cover...that it doesn´t have nearly anything in common with the first song! wow, I would really love to see how madonna works...and I thought madonna didn´t like nonnie as a nickname...

Of course she likes Nonnie as nickname!

Guest chatty kathy

The Ballad of the In-law: Joe Henry Thanks Madonna

CIRCA 2004

:thumbsup: Good read acko! Thank you for sharing!

Thats exactly the album l am waiting for from M, when she doesnt try to design a hit album and just makes great tunes again like she did with Patrick. Wont happen why Guy is in charge though.

I would love for Madonna to try something different, but I'm not 100% sure that Joe Henry is the right person for her to go with. I love Don't Tell Me, but for me his solo records are a little too slow, country and folky for my taste. I would prefer a more rock influenced direction. Maybe she could do a couple of songs with him but I don't know about a whole album. It might be too quiet and sleep inducing.

I'm afraid she'd get with someone who'd make her music sound like Pink's. Or someone whose stuff is equally generic. I don't believe Joe would do that to her.

FABULOUS :wow:

And yes, that's what he meant. I thought he was just talking about changing to his genre but that makes more sense.

If there's one genre she should never do on record it's RAWK.

she'll b treated as the ultimate poser..

rock + poppy edge = LAME.

I don't understand why people want her 2 go there..