New fab M pix wearing sunglasses

Andra

New collaboration between Madonna and Dolce & Gabbana…

MDG is a new special collection of sunglasses for women, designed by Madonna and Dolce & Gabbana.

The photoshoot by Steven Klein will be featured in the campaign, which will be out very soon and will carry on until February 2011.

A TV ad might also be used (to be confirmed).

Have a look at the first images, leaked by mic…

Thanks darling.

I knew our poster is more realible than some tribe. :dramatic:

You're most welcome. :)

There are lots of insiders over at the Tribe, and I do count on them for lots of good info. I just happen to have a killer memory for details, and I remember when Madonna did the "Celebration" video, fashion bloggers were raging on about her wasp-eye glasses (the Diorettes), and I don't like it when people spread false info as fact. Yet another reason I hate Mariah Carey.

^ That would be interesting... I had kinda mulled that possibility over when Guetta was saying semi-ludicrous things like, "The single's coming out soon -- I hope they really decide to push it." Which seems even MORE odd now that Lil Wayne is going to prison. But I suppose there's still a sliver of a possibility. (I know some people will think I'm loony and naive for even saying that, but the noir look would really fit well with Revolver. Of course, if it's the image for the sunglasses campaign through next year, I can't really see them connecting the images to one song which would be over a year and a half old by Feb. 2011.)

Let go of that fantasy. Revolver is over. There will be no promotion, or video....let it go.

These images are part of a fashion campaign for Dolce & Gabbana. There is no way they are gonna let her use images and video from a campaign they paid millions for, to promote a throwaway single, already dead on the dance floor.

Madonna For Dolce

Lauren Milligan

15 March 2010

0 Comments

FRESH from signing a deal to create her own range of clothing (read the full story here), Madonna has teamed up with old friends Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana to design a collection of sunglasses for the Italian label. The sunglasses, which bear the letter M on the arm, mark the first co-branded collaboration that the design duo has ever undertaken.

"We're so excited," Gabbana told WWD. "This further strengthens our relationship with Madonna, and it was a very constructive experience for us. She is very exacting and a professional who seeks perfection in everything she does, and this was no exception."

The collection, which will be produced and distribute by Luxottica, Dolce & Gabbana's eyewear licensee, will go on sale this May retailing from €180 to €210 at Dolce & Gabbana stores worldwide and at the Sunglass Hut.

Madonna’s Putting Her Name on Dolce & Gabbana Sunglasses

Madonna's new fashion venture, MG Icon, enables her to put her name on, and face to, all sorts of fashion products both new and existing. The latest MG Icon press release to receive top billing in WWD is a deal with Dolce & Gabbana to make sunglasses. Domenico Dolce told WWD that Madonna had wanted to "get involved in some design project for a while," and so Dolce & Gabbana let her have shades, which certain people in this world will spend any sum on, no matter what they look like, as long as they're blatantly designer. A summation of Madonna's involvement:

1. They will come bearing prominent MDG logos, with an "M" made from little stars and the other letters plain.

2. Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana sketched more than 50 styles of shades and sent them to Madge so she could edit, tweak, and change the designs to her liking. This could also mean she just signed off on them, or had Lourdes do it.

3. She conceived of and stars in the ad campaign, shot by her favorite photographer, Steven Klein, which gave her another excuse to publicly rub up on a hot man.

4. The print campaign was culled from stills from a video shoot Klein did with Madonna, in which she flirts "seductively in diva-like poses" with model Tyson Ballou. So she ought to have a viral video out by the time the glasses launch in May.

All Madonna's hard work will cost you $248 to $298 a pair. And as you can see from this list, understandably so.

NY Mag

Madonna’s Putting Her Name on Dolce & Gabbana Sunglasses

Madonna's new fashion venture, MG Icon, enables her to put her name on, and face to, all sorts of fashion products both new and existing. The latest MG Icon press release to receive top billing in WWD is a deal with Dolce & Gabbana to make sunglasses. Domenico Dolce told WWD that Madonna had wanted to "get involved in some design project for a while," and so Dolce & Gabbana let her have shades, which certain people in this world will spend any sum on, no matter what they look like, as long as they're blatantly designer. A summation of Madonna's involvement:

1. They will come bearing prominent MDG logos, with an "M" made from little stars and the other letters plain.

2. Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana sketched more than 50 styles of shades and sent them to Madge so she could edit, tweak, and change the designs to her liking. This could also mean she just signed off on them, or had Lourdes do it.

3. She conceived of and stars in the ad campaign, shot by her favorite photographer, Steven Klein, which gave her another excuse to publicly rub up on a hot man.

4. The print campaign was culled from stills from a video shoot Klein did with Madonna, in which she flirts "seductively in diva-like poses" with model Tyson Ballou. So she ought to have a viral video out by the time the glasses launch in May.

All Madonna's hard work will cost you $248 to $298 a pair. And as you can see from this list, understandably so.

NY Mag

Madonna and D&G: :wow:

from tribe

mdg_501.jpg

Madonna isn't just a friend, muse and model to Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana; with new eyewear brand MDG she has become a fellow designer, ready to wow us with shades fit for a film noir screen siren, of which we exclusively reveal a few models.

The Internet has been buzzing with rumours of the various design projects taken on by Madonna herself and details on what is perhaps the most exciting line yet were officially announced by WWD earlier today.

Madonna caught in the act with a beautiful stranger - a familiar stranger who is none other than our dearest Tyson Ballou. The paparazzo for the occasion was Steven Klein no less, and lending him a hand was legendary art director Fabien Baron.

The paparazzo for the occasion was Steven Klein no less, and lending him a hand was legendary art director Fabien Baron.

:clap:

One of the best art directors she EVER worked with.

He's amazing!...isn't he releasing a book of Sex outtakes this year?

Supposed to be a hush hush...career retrospective.....with ton's of outtakes.......my guess it will go along with a travelling retrospective of MADONNA's career...featuring costumes..video.....art instalations....etc. etc.

Guest chatty kathy

He's amazing!...isn't he releasing a book of Sex outtakes this year?

Yes! That's what he said last year!

New Madonna Photo Book to come out next year by Fabien Baron

Fri Oct 16, 2009

We have heard more exciting news about a new project by Fabien Baron, the French art director that is currently the editor of Interview magazine.

Baron, who filmed the footage on the set of the SEX book that was used in the Erotica music video he directed and who shot the Erotica single cover and various other images of Madonna as Dita on the set of that same video, is putting together a Madonna photo book that will feature for the first time ever many of his unreleased photos of the Queen of Pop.

The book is scheduled to be released sometime in 2010. Another great thing to look for next year!

Source: http://www.madonnatribe.com/news/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=4933

Guest Pud Whacker

from tribe

mdg_501.jpg

Madonna isn't just a friend, muse and model to Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana; with new eyewear brand MDG she has become a fellow designer, ready to wow us with shades fit for a film noir screen siren, of which we exclusively reveal a few models.

The Internet has been buzzing with rumours of the various design projects taken on by Madonna herself and details on what is perhaps the most exciting line yet were officially announced by WWD earlier today.

Madonna caught in the act with a beautiful stranger - a familiar stranger who is none other than our dearest Tyson Ballou. The paparazzo for the occasion was Steven Klein no less, and lending him a hand was legendary art director Fabien Baron.

fantastic. xo