David Guetta Confirms The New Single Is Finished and will be out Very Soon!

moe

All this is she or isn't she releasing a new album/single/remix album is confusing me :confused: but it does make it exciting, I just wish we'd get some more clues.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/confidential/david-guetta-the-most-unknown-of-superstars/story-e6frf96o-1225836697115

He was talking about Revolver, not a brand new single!

Read the bottom of the article posted above! :-)

dude thats not the same quote...so how could it be about Revolver?

Guest dance2nite

dude thats not the same quote...so how could it be about Revolver?

The articles were published on the same day, and wake up, as if Madonna would have a new single coming out "very soon", i haven't even heard yet of her recording. Of course Guetta meant Revolver in the first, MSN, article.

damn,why does David keep mentioning "Revolver"? That remix is old news! The next time he opens his mouth to discuss Madonna,I hope he mentions the *NEW* music that he is currently producing for her.I don't wanna hear about "Revolver" anymore.

Guest Evil M

That's clearly obvious. :sassy:

thanks but i wasn't intending to make some grand statement... I was expressing how i feel about Revolver and why it doesn't do much for me smarty pants :p;)

Well, Revolver is released as cd single just now in USA. It has flopped so hard that Lil Wayne and Guetta don't even know that it was released ages ago. Could it be the most disastrous single ever released? I wonder if Madonna knows that it enterered at 145 or something in UK.

Well, Revolver is released as cd single just now in USA. It has flopped so hard that Lil Wayne and Guetta don't even know that it was released ages ago. Could it be the most disastrous single ever released? I wonder if Madonna knows that it enterered at 145 or something in UK.

That's because Warners has NO clue what they're doing anymore.They release her singles with virtually no promotion,I doubt that they even bother sending the song to radio stations! We can't blame the song...it's extremely catchy,commercial and radio-friendly.It has a sound that's popular in the US right now.

Guest Danny86

No, she had plenty, starting with "One More Chance". But yeah, "Revolver" was a DISASTER because even the Freemasons remix of THE ONE went to top 40 in the UK, right? Madonna should retire now because karbatal can only take SO MUCH embarrassment.

No, she had plenty, starting with "One More Chance". But yeah, "Revolver" was a DISASTER because even the Freemasons remix of THE ONE went to top 40 in the UK, right? Madonna should retire now because karbatal can only take SO MUCH embarrassment.

Whenever she releases her next left field, experimental track from a producer nobody has heard of her songs will sky rocket to the top of the US charts again. :wacko:

Guest edsalas

thanks.

I feel like Madonna with some of her recent songs is just going through the motions. There's no effort or passion in her voice. The production is mundane and the lyrics are often corny. Her heart is just not in recording music right now imo. Touring seems to be where it's at.

I'm not so sure about that either because if her heart was truly set on touring she would be more careful about not sounding way too off-key in this tour like she did with the Sticky & Sweet tour (e.g. Borderline live).

And Revolver is not a bad song. May not be Madonna's best song ever but it's o.k. I like it better than the Hard Candy crapola.

Hasn't the Guetta remix of "Revolver" already been released via the CD maxi (and probably digitally)? So, why would Guetta be talking about a "Revolver" remix now, unless it's a (pointless) new one.

^ The remix EP was available digitally from iTunes and Amazon.com the week after Christmas in the U.S. -- so, technically, LAST YEAR! (I'm not 'yelling' at you -- sorta yelling at Guetta, I guess?!) And the CD maxi did come out -- sometime in February, I think, but I forget exactly when because it got delayed a bit. I bought it (well, both the digital and the physical CD) through Amazon -- and received the CD a couple weeks ago now. So, yes, the song is out.

Unless she made a video (remember that weird mention of visiting a 'studio' -- a photography studio a few weeks back?) and so they're going to push the song with a video release, I can't think of any other reason he'd be talking about "Revolver" in the future tense like that. (Well, other than he's totally out of touch. But it would NOT be inconsistent -- I mean, look what he said in pre-Grammy interviews! He was clearly talking about "Revolver," unless there is another track with Madonna *AND* Lil Wayne on it. Which is a slightly frightening concept.)

I'm sure it probably sounds crazy to suggest there might be a video -- and I highly doubt it -- but it wouldn't be the FIRST time that Warner Bros. released a video months apart from the single (three months between the video and the maxi single for "Nothing Really Matters" anyone? or the YEAR between the "Miles Away" single and video?!). It may be the LAST time they have the opportunity to ruin a single release, but we'll see. (Madonna has plenty opportunity to do that herself with Live Nation, too... She may not be completely innocent of the general poor single promotion plan.)

The only reason I could see pushing the song might be in the publicity surrounding the upcoming all-Madonna "Glee" episode, she'd get more attention. But that would seem to benefit CELEBRATION and the back catalogue more so than a new track.

:doh:

I don't recall a major delay in releasing the NRM video. The single, however, was delayed- it came out after NRM had peaked at radio (it charted on Bubbling Under and had dropped off that before the commercial release).

^ No you're right -- but that's what I meant. The single for NRM came out in (I think) May and the video had premiered months earlier on Valentine's Day weekend (February). That was a case of the video preceding the single. "Miles Away" is the reverse -- the single came out and the video was never released until the CELEBRATION video collection dvd. They seem to have their rhythm for releases off all the time -- and not always having the CD late or the video late -- sometimes it's swapped, but it's very rare that they get the timing just right anymore.

Guest Danny86

I thought by now it was clear to everyone he didn't talk about it NOW, but Aussie press was lazy and just used old quotes?

However, in a previous interview he did talk about "Madonna album" and "Madonna liking the edgy stuff I sent her" so I'm sure there's more.

Guest Evil M

I'm not so sure about that either because if her heart was truly set on touring she would be more careful about not sounding way too off-key in this tour like she did with the Sticky & Sweet tour (e.g. Borderline live).

And Revolver is not a bad song. May not be Madonna's best song ever but it's o.k. I like it better than the Hard Candy crapola.

i agree it's an ok song. I can listen to it and enjoy but it has no lasting impact for me. Doesn't help that it could be by like 10 other artists :(

i think Madonna definitely puts effort into her live productions... Even if her singing may not be "perfect" at all times, there's still a lot of imagination there imo unlike her recorded music these days unfortunately.

Anyone else think maybe she's just BURNT OUT from recording music? I mean, you do something for so long you're bound to lose interest, right?

Guest Danny86
Anyone else think maybe she's just BURNT OUT from recording music? I mean, you do something for so long you're bound to lose interest, right?

I think it's quite possible, I'd say she's burnt out from writing songs and filming videos. She never took a break and not many artists are able to do this for 3 decades. We all know she won't give up because she's a workaholic and has signed a new contract, but I really don't think she gets any new experiences these days that can be poured into lyrics or videos. I can't really hold it against her because I'm glad she never "semi-retired" like a lot of her contemporaries.

^ No you're right -- but that's what I meant. The single for NRM came out in (I think) May and the video had premiered months earlier on Valentine's Day weekend (February).

The european single for NRM came out in late January, the video on Valentine's Day and the US single around Mid-April. I remember this because I was pissed at Warner Bros. for that.

Guest Danny86

They did the same with "Human Nature". The video premiered in mid-May, the US regular single came out early June, the maxi-single in early August but the UK release only in mid-August, 3 months after the video and 6 months after the "Bedtime Story" single!

Guest SoUnusual

Ugh I wish David Guetta a horrible painful death when it comes to producing Madonna's music.

Edited by SoUnusual

The european single for NRM came out in late January, the video on Valentine's Day and the US single around Mid-April. I remember this because I was pissed at Warner Bros. for that.

Hmmm... Maybe it was due in April originally, but I know the local record shop where I bought my CDs while I was at college didn't get it in until the first few days of May (because I recall it was during final exams). Now, that might have been partially the fault of the record store, and I do remember walking over there several times, expecting it to be there and them not having it, too... So you could very well be right. I'm sorry if I was misleading. It still was an inexcusably long delay which didn't help matters any...