Cheeky girl: Madonna unveils another makeover with puffy 'pillow' face

Guest chatty kathy

The best Madonna has looked the last couple of years is at last years Oscars. Her face was amazing and everyone was asking how she did that? Get a pic of her and you'll see......Were her new cheeks in then?

the cheeks were pretty much there :wacko:

article-1174448-04B67EFE000005DC-142_224x423_popup.jpg

she looks cute when the squirrel cheeks are softer. Anyway, it's pretty clear that she's the new Cher. Why oh why???? I watched RIT yesterday and she looked so good, simply her age and nothing else. She was pretty in the Confessions tour too. And suddenly, she's Alvin's girlfriend.

The black clothes emphasizes her facial surgery. She looked so much better 10 years ago.

All she has to do is stop injecting filler into them. DUH.

Are there people out there who actually believe she sliced her face open, and had implants put in? :lmao:

Haha....you know you've seen some of the lists of procedures posted here by our members who (apparently) are little surgeons in the making....since they KNOW it all. Not assume...but KNOW. :) Supposedly she's been getting face lifts, boob lifts and jaw line work since the mid 1990's. Funny how there were NEVER any claims of that at the time...only now 10-15 years after the fact... since she's started getting her injections certain fans have come to the conclusion that the surgeries ACTUALLY started waaaay back when. :confused: I don't see how anybody with any sort of common sense could conclude (based on what we know and see) that she's had any sort of permanent implants put in. Her face would be more consistent in photographs if that were the case. It's pretty obvious when she gets the injections and I think as she's gotten used to it over the past couple of years she has been able to avoid looks like the one she sported at the RRHOF in 2008. She hasn't looked THAT extreme since then but she still has varying degrees of puffiness which is suggestive of injections and NOT implants or slicing of the face in any way.

Anybody that has a problem with how she looks at the Oscars '09 needs to be slapped. "Cheeks" or no cheeks, she hadn't looked that great in ages.

Haha....you know you've seen some of the lists of procedures posted here by our members who (apparently) are little surgeons in the making....since they KNOW it all. Not assume...but KNOW. :) Supposedly she's been getting face lifts, boob lifts and jaw line work since the mid 1990's. Funny how there were NEVER any claims of that at the time...only now 10-15 years after the fact... since she's started getting her injections certain fans have come to the conclusion that the surgeries ACTUALLY started waaaay back when. :confused:

But the fact is, the best surgery is undetetactable and subtle, which many people in Hollywood have had, so equally YOU don't know if/what she's had for sure either. :)

It looks like nobody is stupid enough to deny the cheek work. That was the first time fans had to admit she'd done something other than botox, on top of the very nice and subtle work - whether it be fillers and botox - in 2005.

I agree that you'd know if it was cheek implants, in some cases you can see the outline. It's possible it's fillers or sculptra(?)

Her look at the Oscars was :wow::dramatic::sassy:

But the fact is, the best surgery is undetetactable and subtle, which many people in Hollywood have had, so equally YOU don't know if/what she's had for sure either. :)

It looks like nobody is stupid enough to deny the cheek work. That was the first time fans had to admit she'd done something other than botox, on top of the very nice and subtle work - whether it be fillers and botox - in 2005.

I agree that you'd know if it was cheek implants, in some cases you can see the outline. It's possible it's fillers or sculptra(?)

Of course I don't KNOW either :) but until she started with the cheeks she tended to look a lot older and more haggard in paparazzi pics on a regular basis. I don't know where these theories about her having plastic surgeries in the mid 1990's started considering after she lost the baby weight from Lola up until "the cheeks", there were many times she looked gaunt and thin in the face. There was a brief time after Rocco's birth where her face looked more filled out and younger, probably due to the baby weight again. Overall though, she looked like a woman HER AGE that took good care of herself. NOW...she does actually look younger to me.

But compare Madonna's work to someone like Meg Ryan. Meg ALWAYS looks the same now, Madonna's face still flucuates so it SEEMS like she hasn't had any slicing.

:wow: ... yes I thought she looked just rahvishing there too.

(Btw I don't know why everyone says she looked bad in 2008, personally I thought she looked really hot. S&ST, Hard Candy promo, Gucci/Unicef gala, IABWA film premiere in NY & Cannes, AmFAR auction, 106 & Park, Give It 2 Me, 4 Minutes, pretty much all the photo shots... other than the RRHOF and maybe an interview, she looked amazing to me. But I mean that's all personal opinion, not trying to say anyone's wrong.)

Of course I don't KNOW either :) but until she started with the cheeks she tended to look a lot older and more haggard in paparazzi pics on a regular basis. I don't know where these theories about her having plastic surgeries in the mid 1990's started considering after she lost the baby weight from Lola up until "the cheeks", there were many times she looked gaunt and thin in the face. There was a brief time after Rocco's birth where her face looked more filled out and younger, probably due to the baby weight again. Overall though, she looked like a woman HER AGE that took good care of herself. NOW...she does actually look younger to me.

But compare Madonna's work to someone like Meg Ryan. Meg ALWAYS looks the same now, Madonna's face still flucuates so it SEEMS like she hasn't had any slicing.

Well said and what you said previously. This is what I believe. Madonna didn't start doing anything until this decade. And I have a feeling that the beginning of her cosmetic procedures started sometime before showing up at the Grammys in '04. I don't believe she did anything under the knife then, but it's possible injections started somewhere around that time such as Botox. Before this time, she did look more "gaunt" in the face and the wrinkle lines were showing. It's possible the botox may have started prior to this too, but I don't believe she did anything before 2002. In fact, she looked more gaunt in Swept Away than she ever did. And that is pretty usual in aging women who are thin. If they retain from gaining much body fat, their face tends to sink in. I really believe she was seeing that and wanted to chage that. Therefore, as far back as probably 2008, she probably was getting something injected in her face. It's a pretty simple procedure. And I totally agree, it's ridiculous for anyone to say she has had "cheek implants" when like you said, her face hadn't been consistently the same where as it appeared it was something temporary.

I still believe she is doing a dose of injections in her face every few months. This seems to go along with how a few months she looks puffier than others. I also think she has gained a little weight since the beginning of her second leg of her Sticky and Sweet tour. Since then, I wonder if she's maintain that weight gain up until today. Her face is much fuller. It's possible this was her intention. Temporarily have fillers, while trying to gain some weight back in her face, so she won't look so gaunt.

I will admit some pictures do not do her justice. The picture posted originally in this thread is definitely a bad pic. I don't believe she went to London to do something to her face because she could have done it in NYC. The procedure isn't something exclusive.

She still looks way too much like herself to show any signs of any plastic surgery. I don't believe she has had ANY. But you can bet with all the money she has, she's tried every beauty treatment, procedures and cosmetics that enhance her looks without going under the knife. And her look today reminds, me of the early 80's when she was much more fuller in the face and had some meat on her bones.

In 1993-1994 she started to look noticeably older all of a sudden. She looked a lot better in the Something To Remember to Evita eras. She also looked good in Ray Of Light, yet there were a couple of infamous all time bad pics there.

I haven't heard much about this mid-90s facelift rumour, I only saw one fan speculate she had a lift before Evita. And well, Hollywood theory is you're supposed to have your first face lift as a preventitive measure at around age 35. Seems bullshyt though.

As for what the EXPERTS think she's had done, not much really..

http://celebritycosmeticsurgery.blogspot.com/search/label/Madonna

http://forums.madonnanation.com/index.php?showtopic=27600

we all looked better 10 years ago lol

Id argue that one. :lol:

Why couldnt the bitch just stick to what she was doing to herself during the Confessions era. I mean it was obvious she was doing something to look fresh but she looked amazing! And it looked NATURAL!!!! This "Pillow Face" movement is the worst thing to have ever taken place. I hate it. HATE IT! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

And I know people are sick of hearing this and blah blah blah, but I just think it sucks because I am afraid this is just the start of what could turn into Cher face in a few years.

In 1993-1994 she started to look noticeably older all of a sudden. She looked a lot better in the Something To Remember to Evita eras. She also looked good in Ray Of Light, yet there were a couple of infamous all time bad pics there.

I haven't heard much about this mid-90s facelift rumour, I only saw one fan speculate she had a lift before Evita. And well, Hollywood theory is you're supposed to have your first face lift as a preventitive measure at around age 35. Seems bullshyt though.

As for what the EXPERTS think she's had done, not much really..

http://celebritycosmeticsurgery.blogspot.com/search/label/Madonna

http://forums.madonnanation.com/index.php?showtopic=27600

YES! It seems like after she cut her hair for GS, she aged 5 years immediately and never really looked the same again. Perhaps she upped her exercise regimen around that time too since she was about to start a tour, which made her lose weight...which always makes her look a little older in the face. That with the stress of having the shit beaten out of her by many at that time for her sex antics probably did age her seemingly overnight. Just a theory.

And neut, I agree about her looking more like Virgin era Madonna these days. Perhaps that's why the cheeks don't bother me so much, Virgin era has always been my favorite looks wise for Madonna. Madonna's "new" face looks the closest to Madonna's "old face" that we've seen since before she cut her hair in '93 IMO.

She's also not been touring for, what, four months now. Perhaps it's just a little bit of weight gain, which is healthy for her. When she's on tour, she just can't gain any weight because of the rigors of performing that much.

Girl eats a muffin and looks a little fuller and suddenly it's open season in the rumor mill. (I'm not saying she hasn't had fillers... I'm just saying the article/pic are ridiculous.)

I loved the year she went to the Oscars in the pink Versace dress -- was that 2005 or 2006? I can't even remember anymore. It was slightly Confessions-ish hair, so maybe it was 2006. Then the Oscars the next year were hot, too... the black dress with the fancy straps. I thought those two were better than the most recent Oscars, but I still wouldn't say she looked bad.

I bet she'll wear a Dolce & Gabbana dress to the Oscars this year, if she goes. (If Guy is there, do you think she'll pass?)

She's also not been touring for, what, four months now. Perhaps it's just a little bit of weight gain, which is healthy for her. When she's on tour, she just can't gain any weight because of the rigors of performing that much.

Girl eats a muffin and looks a little fuller and suddenly it's open season in the rumor mill. (I'm not saying she hasn't had fillers... I'm just saying the article/pic are ridiculous.)

Oh please, she looks like a squirrel in that pic and it's obvious that she has implanted something. She has done that from the Hard Candy era and it's not subtle at all. I may sound silly, but this woman who sang "Express Yourself" and whose mantra has been "I am stronger, i am myself, i don't read magazines, i don't care what people say" suddenly wants to look like a 30 year old and the results are embarrassing. She's 51, and it's about time that she realizes that she's in another league (she's a LEGEND, for God's sakes) than other younger stars. Who remembers now Cher's long and succesful career? Whenever you bring Cher in a conversation, the main opinion are her plastic surgeries and the same is going to happen to Madonna.

Oh please, she looks like a squirrel in that pic and it's obvious that she has implanted something. She has done that from the Hard Candy era and it's not subtle at all. I may sound silly, but this woman who sang "Express Yourself" and whose mantra has been "I am stronger, i am myself, i don't read magazines, i don't care what people say" suddenly wants to look like a 30 year old and the results are embarrassing. She's 51, and it's about time that she realizes that she's in another league (she's a LEGEND, for God's sakes) than other younger stars. Who remembers now Cher's long and succesful career? Whenever you bring Cher in a conversation, the main opinion are her plastic surgeries and the same is going to happen to Madonna.

Maybe you and the many other cynical and judgmental people who over exaggerate what she's done, but I won't. Also, cheek implants don't puff up for one month and then look normal after a few. There is no way she's had any cheek implants. It's all fillers at this point. Is it necessary? No. Is it over done? I guess at first glance to some of us, it may appear noticeable, but then I think back to her younger days. She had the same full round face. It only looks different to us now because prior to the last several years, her face was more thin. It's no different than if she put on 20 to 30 pounds. Her face would look different as well... more round and fuller.

Guest Njova25

I just hope she doesn't do anything else to her face she has such a beautiful face especially her eyes but that gets overshadowed by those chipmunk cheeks. I think she should just take out those cheek implants or fillers and she will look much more better.

[/b]

Maybe you and the many other cynical and judgmental people who over exaggerate what she's done, but I won't. Also, cheek implants don't puff up for one month and then look normal after a few. There is no way she's had any cheek implants. It's all fillers at this point. Is it necessary? No. Is it over done? I guess at first glance to some of us, it may appear noticeable, but then I think back to her younger days. She had the same full round face. It only looks different to us now because prior to the last several years, her face was more thin. It's no different than if she put on 20 to 30 pounds. Her face would look different as well... more round and fuller.

well,if you think she has eaten a muffin and that's why her cheeks are monstruous, up to you.

look, i adore her fake, plastic, puffy cheeks cause I love her - no matter what she does- just cause its M; but to the hater or casual fan, they must think shes looks like a house of horrors now lol. She still looked totally natural, youthful like "classic M" up until around 2007 (even if she did SOME shit, it was subtle), then right around the R&R Hall Of Fame/ early 2008, it became beyond blatant she was doing more than "some subtle things to her face" lmao

I agree