Madonna for D&G

cosmic_system

OMG! :wow::dramatic:

"Meanwhile, despite rumors that Luz would join actor/model Adam Senn in the new Dolce & Gabbana campaign, it turns out the Material Girl herself has landed the job. She shot it along with Senn, owner of Chelsea restaurant Il Bastardo, late last week in Brooklyn. A source said, "The campaign was shot by Steven Klein and has a gorgeous vintage Italian look, like 'The God father.' "

http://www.nypost.co...N#ixzz0WRLqEeOq

"Meanwhile, despite rumors that Luz would join actor/model Adam Senn in the new Dolce & Gabbana campaign, it turns out the Material Girl herself has landed the job. She shot it along with Senn, owner of Chelsea restaurant Il Bastardo, late last week in Brooklyn. A source said, "The campaign was shot by Steven Klein and has a gorgeous vintage Italian look, like 'The God father.' "

Mmmmm :drool:

gallery_main-adamsenn-photos-03222009-77.jpg

:clap: Can't wait.This is gonna be good.

If that info is accurate, it sounds like the photoshoot would then maybe lend itself well to being adapted to a Revolver video? Klein's turned a still shoot into a video for her before (Beast Within, Future Lovers, etc.) Hmm...

Guest groovyguy

Madonna signed up by Dolce and Gabbana's 2010 campaign

Madonna may have been dumped for a younger model by Versace2.gif but the queen of pop has shown she still has it. The popstar has been signed up by Dolce & Gabbana2.gif. Madge will front the brand's spring 2010 campaign and has already shot the ads in Brooklyn with photographer Steven Klein.

The designers said in their blog: "As Dolce & Gabbana's spring/summer 2010 collection returned to the Italian roots of the brand, evoking its strong heritage and revisiting iconic pieces such as the corset (the designer's finale was composed solely of corsets) it seemed only fitting that Madonna, who embodies both the strong sensuality of the brand and who shares an Italian heritage with the designers should be the one to showcase the Sicilian inspired collection."

It seems Madonna will still be remaining a Material Girl for the foreseeable future.

If that info is accurate, it sounds like the photoshoot would then maybe lend itself well to being adapted to a Revolver video? Klein's turned a still shoot into a video for her before (Beast Within, Future Lovers, etc.) Hmm...

God, we could only hope. :dramatic:

I really do doubt it though. "Revolver" is supposedly being released as a single in the UK on December 14 and if a video came out between now and then I would be shocked, honestly. Plus, I doubt D&G's campaign will launch until mid-to-late January 2010. They probably wouldn't want to spoil the surprise of the print ads.

but wouldnt they want those images to represent just the campaign not a music video?

Remember the "Love Profusion" video? Same style/director (Luc Besson) as the ads for the perfume.

With all the videos/backdrops Klein has created, sometimes it seems as though it is a series of stills in sequence, giving the appearance of a jerkily-edited video, and other times it is like he was filming her simultaneously while shooting the stills. I don't see how a moving version of their ads could be bad publicity for them. (It could even be done so that the specific images for their ad campaign aren't used exactly in the video, but they would obviously refer to one another and have the same look/feel.)

Nightshade's point about the timing makes sense, though. It would be unlikely they'd allow a video release before unveiling the campaign. Shucks.

THEN AGAIN... consider that the video for Miles Away never was properly released until the CELEBRATION DVD came out. I don't even know how many months between the release of the song and the release of the video that would be. Too depressing to count. I wouldn't want to wish that on this release, but if it's not actually going to be pushed very hard anyway, I suppose it doesn't matter when we get Revolver. Maybe it's the sort of thing that would get used as a tour backdrop or interlude on the next tour or something.

More info about Adam Senn.

anna shared this info, from Mfanzine:

"they aren't really together in the ad campaign. he's doing the men's line while she's doing the women's. she did the shoot friday a week ago and he did it the day before. both days were very successful.

god bless adam, he's a sweetheart. 2 pix on the set "

nb5cvl.jpg

16hsyhe.jpg

WEISSMAN from Mfanzine:

"Yes, he is *such* a sweetheart, god bless him. And to prove it, here's another picture of him on the D&G set (yes, they were both very successful days, I can exclusively reveal that the shoot is gonna be amazing, and very Madonna, you're gonna love it y'all). In fact, he's such a sweetheart, he posted all these on-set photos on his official website forum gallery nearly 2 weeks ago.

Thanks Adam."

ztdd.jpg