Madonna for D&G

cosmic_system

So it's taking place today.!:)

madonnatribe

Following our exclusive report about Madonna shooting the Dolce & Gabbana campaign this coming Friday, news is just in from New York City that Stefano Gabbana and Domenico Dolce left Milan earlier today and have been busy on the set of their heavily Sicily-themed Men's campaign in Brooklyn.

Finally another site besides MTribe reports about the campaign:

Madonna shoots Dolce & Gabbana's campaign

posted Nov 6, 2009

Exclusive! Madonna has joined forces with Italian designers Dolce & Gabbana to showcase their spring/summer 2010 collection in the brand's forthcoming ad campaign. The campaign will be shot today in New York by photographer Steven Klein.

Madonna first met the designers Stefano Gabbana and Domenico Dolce back in the early nineties and have retained a strong bond and mutual respect ever since. After first meeting the global superstar whilst she was on the set of Dick Tracey in New York, the designers went onto design her costumes for the now iconic, "The Girlie Show" tour in 1993.

madonna_old_350.jpg

above: 1996, Stefano Gabbana, Madonna and Domenico Dolce

Read more about when Dolce & Gabbana first met Madonna at www.swide.com/Madonna--Stefano---Domenico--The-beginning

As Dolce & Gabbana's spring/summer 2010 collection returned to the Italian roots of the brand, evoking its strong heritage and revisiting iconic pieces such as the corset (the designer's finale was composed solely of corsets) it seemed only fitting that Madonna, who embodies both the strong sensuality of the brand and who shares an Italian heritage with the designers should be the one to showcase the Sicilian inspired collection.

ss2010_must_DGHeight294.jpg

See more from Dolce & Gabbana's campaign at www.swide.com/Dolce---Gabbana-reveal-their-iconic-heritage.

On Madonna appearing in their forthcoming campaign, Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana said,

"To have Madonna in our campaign is a dream come true".

Dolce & Gabbana's spring/summer 2010 campaign is being shot on November 6th in New York by fashion photographer Steven Klein.

Source & Photo Credit: Dolce & Gabbana

That's not just another site... that's Dolce & Gabbana's official blog

Yes, quite obvious; as it says in my post:

Source & Photo Credit: Dolce & Gabbana

;)

Stefano Gabbana posted on his twitter page: M she's simply beautiful.....

He also wrote in Italian that he's tired, but very happy and that it's a really cold night.

Looks like they finished about 2 hours ago.

AWESOME!!

I hope it turns out like the last Versace one she did

madonna_versace_ads.jpg

i agree worst photoshoot she has ever done, fucking HORRID she looks like a dirty plastic doll in really shit clothes

AWESOME!!

I hope it turns out like the last Versace one she did

madonna_versace_ads.jpg

I always thought she looked a little "mentally disabled" in these pics. And that wig is just...well, for lack of a better word, shit.

I actually did like the Versace clothes though.

Hope the D&G pics are awesome!

Guest thehiltonsuite

wow, they really are releasing Revolver... if they will, can they please tweak it, the low volume of her voice in there is really annoying...

let's hope for a November promo...

I know!!! Why doesn't the producer fix it and leak the new version??? That's what I would do because I wouldn't want my name attatched to something subpar. This is the same shit that happened with Voices....it wasn't mixed right. That's just laziness and it makes me mad. Madonna should make sure everything sounds PERFECT!

More about the collection:

A new transparent sensuality

posted Nov 9, 2009

2009_11_02must_DGHeight305.jpg

If you think feeling sexy is only about wearing silk - think again. Next season's spring 2010 Dolce & Gabbana collection showcases lace, crochet and net - fabrics that celebrate the female form and evoke the designer's strong Sicilian heritage.

2009_11_02must_DGHeight294.jpg

Stefano Gabbana and Domenico Dolce's southern Italian sensibilities shine through this in this forthcoming standout collection that celebrates their love of their female form. Combining tactile fabrics such as antique lace and macramé the result is a sexy transparency and a sensual silhouette.

2009_11_02must_DGHeight_Inside_01.jpg

Crochet is apparent throughout the collection including on its accessories such as the designer's iconic Miss Sicily handbag - a favourite of both Madonna and Victoria Neckham. The crochet is handcrafted in Italy and has a deep sartorial history with the designers - seen in their earlier iconic collections during the nineties.

2009_11_02must_DGHeight_Inside_02.jpg

Lace is fused with a South American twist - silk fringing on black lace dresses suggests glamourous evenings spent at a tango bar.

2009_11_02must_DGHeight_Inside_03.jpg

The designers use their iconic black and white Sicilian colour palette to convey a mix of glamour and sensuality that screams timeless elegance rather than a one-off fashion moment.

2009_11_02must_DGHeight_Inside_04.jpg

Accessories get a feminine twist with handcrafted fabrics which create iconic and timeless pieces.

2009_11_02must_DGHeight_Inside_05.jpg

Dolce & Gabbana have always celebrated the feminine form and by using lace, crochet and net - the designer's timeless silhouettes have a new lightness for spring.

2009_11_02must_DGHeight_Inside_08.jpg

White lace skirts offer a sleek alternative for spring paired with Dolce & Gabbana's summer crochet version of the Miss Sicily bag.

2009_11_02must_DGHeight_Inside_09.jpg

Dolce & Gabbana combine their iconic corset pieces with layers of lace and crochet to create a woman's forms.

2009_11_02must_DGHeight_Inside_10.jpg

For more Dolce & Gabbana must-have pieces see www.swide.com/Must Have

To view the entire spring/summer 2010 D&G catwalk collection click on www.dolcegabbana.com/dg

Source: Dolce & Gabbana

Guest chatty kathy

Sicilian Madonna for Dolce & Gabbana

by Chiara Hughes

Posted Monday November 09, 2009

From WWD.COM

Madonna did indeed strike a pose for Steven Klein to appear in the new Dolce & Gabbana spring ad campaign, shot in a Brooklyn studio. While the company didnÂ’t issue a statement, the confirmation is loud and clear on Swide, the houseÂ’s online magazine, where a headline states in bold type, that, "Madonna shoots Dolce & GabbanaÂ’s campaign."

Gabbana’s prolific blogging added color to the undertaking with numerous tweets to the tune of "We are at the last shot..M (Madonna) is simply beautiful" and "we’re very, very tired but very happy as well...To have Madonna in our campaign is a dream come true.” Madonna’s latest big campaign was the Louis Vuitton 2009 one, where she was featured in both the spring and fall seasons.

Source: http://www.wwd.com/media-news/sicilian-madonna-for-dolce-gabbana-2366760?justin=2366760