Video Music Awards '09 - new thread

Apples388

Guest SuperBriGuy

Gaga was cool. Very odd performance but at least it's something DIFFERENT. This is the kind of thing the VMAs used to always be about. She sounded great live too.

And yes, You could see allusions to the "Like A Virgin" VMAs performance (which I'm sure was intentional on her part - paying tribute and all), but moreso were the allusions to Phantom of the Opera and her own Paparazzi video.

Yeah, I could see the Phantom of the Opera and the "Paparazzi" influences...especially the latter, the choreography and even the setup of the stage looked really similar. It wasn't a bad performance at all, it got really exciting when she got up from the piano and was covered in blood. She's a great performance artist.

And yes to jump in with my opinion Madonna looked AMAZING and her speech was great and from the heart. I do agree that the Jackson tribute itself was lacking. The dude had way more hits they could have danced around to.

Guest SuperBriGuy

how stupid will kanye look if beyonce doesnt win a single award?

That's what I'm counting on. Nothing against Beyowolf, but Kanye needs to be kept in a muzzle when he's out in public. He thinks his opinion is the end-all, be-all.

All hail Queen M! A great orator she is

As for Kanye, he is a total idiot!!! I think most are used to seeing him pull ridiculous stunts, but this was really uncalled for. I feel bad for Taylor. Kanye should not be allowed at ANY award shows in the future as far as i'm concerned, at least not until he can pull himself together. He's so immature.

Guest Topaz Scorpio

Yeah, I could see the Phantom of the Opera and the "Paparazzi" influences...especially the latter, the choreography and even the setup of the stage looked really similar. It wasn't a bad performance at all, it got really exciting when she got up from the piano and was covered in blood. She's a great performance artist.

You could also see Vogue from the MTV 1990 VMAs as an influence as well. Again, I liked the performance. Was it some iconic unbelievable performance? No. And I think she herself has done better elsewhere. But it was definitely one of the more interesting VMA performances I have ever seen.

Guest SuperBriGuy

You could also see Vogue from the MTV 1990 VMAs as an influence as well. Again, I liked the performance. Was it some iconic unbelievable performance? No. And I think she herself has done better elsewhere. But it was definitely one of the more interesting VMA performances I have ever seen.

Yeah, that was my sentiment...it wasn't the miraculous performance that some people thought it was going to be but it was good, and the "Paparazzi" single will inevitably blow up at radio now. And in the long run, when you're a performance artist like GaGa is it's hard to always top yourself. She did well.

Guest Topaz Scorpio

Something in this thread is causing it to f*ck up. Probably a video. It started for me when page 11 came up. I can't scroll beyond half of that page.

Guest SuperBriGuy

Daniel Merriwether :drool:

GaGa has the BEST Performance So Far. :wow:

I will give you that. And it's sad because I thought a seasoned performer like Janet would blow her out of the water. But I really liked Taylor Swift's performance, too...that was really cute.

Guest SuperBriGuy

Something in this thread is causing it to f*ck up. Probably a video. It started for me when page 11 came up. I can't scroll beyond half of that page.

I think it's the site traffic...people are commenting like crazy and it's actually causing the thread to have all sorts of issues...I've gotten a bunch of "Internal Server Error" messages, it's crazy.