Madonna & Lil Wayne set to shoot "Revolver" video in Sept.

horn

Lil Wayne set to shoot Music Video in Sept. with Madonna

Lil Wayne has agreed to collabo with Madonna for "Revolver" and to appear in a video for the singer's last contractual Warner Bros. album.

The "Revolver" music video and song are reportedly being scheduled for official release this fall.

"Celebration" is the first single off her upcoming greatest hits album, Celebration. The second single will be "Revolver" with Lil Wayne.

Their collaboration was previously leaked earlier this year.

Another new single in the album reportedly is a song called "Revolver" which has been leaked earlier this year with rapper Lil Wayne singing on the hook. This album will be made available in a two-CD set as well as a single CD. There will also be a DVD release which includes Madonna's never-before-seen music videos in addition to "Celebration" video.

http://madonnasworldcom.blogspot.com/2009/...c-video-in.html

http://www.sohh.com/2009/07/lil_wayne_loads_up_on_mad.html

<Lamb Mode>

I hope Madge's "Celebrate" will get a #1 for couple of weeks and then self-replaced by "Revolver" (Feat Lil Wayne) for another few weeks to break Mimi's 16 #1 record! :dramatic:

</Lamb Mode>

<Lamb Mode>

I hope Madge's "Celebrate" will get a #1 for couple of weeks and then self-replaced by "Revolver" (Feat Lil Wayne) for another few weeks to break Mimi's 16 #1 record! :dramatic:

</Lamb Mode>

I wouldn't even dream of Celebration being #1 in the US right now... IGF is still peaking both in sales and airplay... it will still be 4 weeks at least before IGF wanes... The only chance MADONNA can get to #1 nowadays will that be no other song peaking in SALES and AIRPLAY simultaneously... too bad IGF is there

I wouldn't even dream of Celebration being #1 in the US right now... IGF is still peaking both in sales and airplay... it will still be 4 weeks at least before IGF wanes... The only chance MADONNA can get to #1 nowadays will that be no other song peaking in SALES and AIRPLAY simultaneously... too bad IGF is there

That's why it's "Lamb Mode" :crazy:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I think REvolver will be even bigger than Celebration worldwide

i agree especially if it's an improvement from the ReVaughn demo... heck, that ReVaughn demo already pleases me over CELEBRATION, but hey, C is worthy of being in this GH... both are very much worthy

Uh-oh....

Madonna is heading back over into THAT DARK and disgusting, unfamiliar "forbidden territory" that she shant DARE venture to....the world of BLACK RAPPERS AND R&B MUSIC......NOOOOOOOOOOOOO :demonic:

:rotfl:

Good thing she released Celebration first or there very well may have been some mass suicides over this as a lead single following the BLACK HC album.

Uh-oh....

Madonna is heading back over into THAT DARK and disgusting, unfamiliar "forbidden territory" that she shant DARE venture to....the world of BLACK RAPPERS AND R&B MUSIC......NOOOOOOOOOOOOO :demonic:

Good thing she released Celebration first or there very well may have been some mass suicides over this as a lead single following the BLACK HC album.

RELAX dear, I said I LIKE the song.

Uh-oh....

yeah, HC may be black but still it's distinctively MADONNA

yeah, HC may be black but still it's distinctively MADONNA

Of course it is! In a few years everybody else will realize that.....you know how it goes!! :)

And I know I called HC "black" (just bein dramatic!!) but really....I'm sure most people are more into R&B music would laugh at the notion of HC being an R&B record. It's a POP album really, it just happens to have R&B/Hip-Pop influences. Like ROL is a pop album with electronica (that term sounds OLD now...:() influences.

I think it's cool how she's sort of revisiting the 2 latest "sounds" she's incorporated to her albums. Celebration of course is more in the vein of COADF and now Revolver will be more like HC. Perfect way to close out her "dance era" (I guess you could call COADF/HC the "all dance/no messages" era??) and thematically it fits perfectly with the theme of the GH.

I think it's cool how she's sort of revisiting the 2 latest "sounds" she's incorporated to her albums. Celebration of course is more in the vein of COADF and now Revolver will be more like HC. Perfect way to close out her "dance era" (I guess you could call COADF/HC the "all dance/no messages" era??) and thematically it fits perfectly with the theme of the GH.

I agree ! I thought the same......it`s cool to release a dance song like Celebration and later an R&B song like Revolver. :thumbsup: So, it will fit the title and the theme of the Greatest hits.

IMO she stands for both music styles. Her music roots are dance, but she did a lot of black and R&B music in the past (for example most of the songs on Bedtime stories) :thumbsup:

Madonna has never disappointed me yet. So, I'm curious what the two will come up with whether it has some rapping or not. (adding: I have a feeling I may like Revolver more than Celebration)

Guest dicktracy
I agree ! I thought the same......it`s cool to release a dance song like Celebration and later an R&B song like Revolver. :thumbsup: So, it will fit the title and the theme of the Greatest hits.

IMO she stands for both music styles. Her music roots are dance, but she did a lot of black and R&B music in the past (for example most of the songs on Bedtime stories) :thumbsup:

:lmao: Now that's HILARIOUS! Dance music is a derivative of house music and Euro disco which was a more synthesizer driven version of American disco (inspired by Giorgio Moroder's productions including I Feel Love). Disco in itself came from R&B, funk and "urban" roots. House music, which is what most club music is a derivative, started in Chicago by black DJs. In addition, most early house music, acid house and freestyle had rapping vocals. Madonna's roots are 'black' music.

anna from Mfanzine:

oh dear thats a mish mash of news (my news?) put together, nothing official. i already mentioned a set of people were creating an original film concept of m's rendition to 'revolver'. and i pretty much set the record straight bout wayne's take in the song. does it come as a surprise to anyone that he's rumored to make an appearance in the video itself? i wouldn't be wrong in saying any fan can come up with this. however to make things crystal clear, the initial decision to postpone the videoshoot and single release was due to a mutual conclusion by both camps to make it a featured track. a cameo on the video was already in talks in this same stage.. that's all.

I am thrilled! I am not really a huge Lil Wayne fan but he is the hottest rapper out right now and I have a feeling him and the Queen are going to come up with something great.

I also cant wait for the video :)