Madonna & Lil Wayne set to shoot "Revolver" video in Sept.

horn

THe song is good all on its own. Don't understand why that waste of molecules LIL WAYNE has to be on it.

Fortunately, the rumor is that Lil Wayne's rap is confined to a single part of the song. So I'm hoping that one of MadonnaNation's remxing/editing masters--like TheRain1981--will be able to edit that out and allow us to have a rap-free version.

that's great we get 2 proper videos and singles for this compilation. I can't wait to see how it turns out to be.

YES! More than we even got for TIC, which had two singles, but only ONE video.

THe song is good all on its own. Don't understand why that waste of molecules LIL WAYNE has to be on it.

I guess maybe just for crossover appeal in the American radio/market? In some ways, it might be like a 'best of both worlds' option -- because in the future, she can do live renditions w/o him (yet she'll receive the benefit now to make it, perhaps, more of a hit).

I, too, wonder about this. Do you think it might have been a bit of a writing credit power struggle or something? The history on this track is really confusing to me -- or else, it's usual but we don't normally hear all the drama behind the scenes? I mean, it's a "Jackie Boyz" track that ReVaughn sang on, that got sent to Lil Wayne, that ended up with that Frank E (or DJ Frankie or whatever the heck his name is) -- and that's how it reached Madonna eventually. Or at least those are the details I heard. I know I read somewhere that, listening to Lil Wayne's version, you can hear how he altered the melody, so then he'd get a writing credit.

Did anyone else get the email from "Madonna" (I'm not sure if it's from ICON or from the general Warner Bros Madonna list -- there's two email lists, I think)... REVOLVER is NOT mentioned, and they have this curious sentence:

"Also featured on this upcoming release are two brand new songs co-produced by Madonna and Paul Oakenfold. The first single, also titled "Celebration," has just been sent out to radios worldwide and is available for download from iTunes! Make sure to get your copy of it and to celebrate the song that is soon to become another worldwide hit for Madonna!"

I hope it's the usual inattentiveness to detail from M's camp -- and not truly accurate that there are TWO Oakenfold tracks on the CELEBRATION instead of one Oakenfold and Revolver. We'll have to see -- though it sounds like Anna is still claiming Revolver is the second additional track. Which would make the email from M's camp incorrect.

Interesting. Didn't know that Dickens.

Maybe Madonna retooled Revolver with Paul? I really am excited for Revolver, I just think the addition of Lil Wayne sounds soooooo awkward and lame.

She produced it with DJ Frank E not Paul, Frank has described the sound as electro/pop. Revolver was suppose to be the first single not Celebration don't really know why it was changed.

Fortunately, the rumor is that Lil Wayne's rap is confined to a single part of the song. So I'm hoping that one of MadonnaNation's remxing/editing masters--like TheRain1981--will be able to edit that out and allow us to have a rap-free version.

Thank god. :thumbsup:

i really love this version WITHOUT ugly lil' wayne.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yBqYSIsuoA&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yBqYSIsuoA&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yBqYSIsuoA&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Are people really into this shit song??

The ONLY way I could see this ending up great, is if Madonna COMPLETELY reworked it from beginning to end. As is, it sounds like a c side from Britney.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

As is, it sounds like a c side from Britney.

I've been saying that all along, but apparently i'm wrong. The song is decent, but it sounds like it was made for a 21 year old or something. Or, for Britney.

I think REvolver will be even bigger than Celebration worldwide

It will certainly do better in the US than "Celebration" (the single) will.I think the success of "4 Minutes" has convinced Madonna to do a song with Lil Wayne.Can't blame her,actually.With Lil Wayne on the track,it will be hard for US radio stations to ignore it.

She'll be laughed off the radio, if she records that mess as is. Even Lil Wayne won't be able to save her.

She will not mess up this 'cos it will affect her 1st LN debut album performance.

She will not mess up this 'cos it will affect her 1st LN debut album performance.

How so??

The state of her future career does not rest on the success of a single track from a GH record. :wacko:

Are you insane?

The ONLY way I could see this ending up great, is if Madonna COMPLETELY reworked it from beginning to end. As is, it sounds like a c side from Britney.

i think its clever.

How so??

The state of her future career does not rest on the success of a single track from a GH record. :wacko:

Are you insane?

We're talking about not one but 2 single tracks i.e. continuous success (IF anf ONLY IF). Just like Beautiful Stranger & American Pie, which appealed to different market.