A "Celebration" Of Madonna Music

Guest Borderline

Do you think Rain should be on?

It got more radio play than her other singles from EROTICA. It may be a song ultimately forgotten by casual fans. And it seems "I'll Remember" and "This Used to be.." has been ultimately forgotten by Madonna and company. Two big hits. Those started a streak of ballad hits.

If "Rain" is lucky, it avaerages a spin a week in the USA. Too bad, as it's one of the best tracks on Erotica- but it seems everything associated with the album has been shut out of recurrent airplay. TUTBMP and IR get more play, with IR the only one that regularly gets spun 10+ times a week.

Then again, it's not like the Ray of Liht album gets a lot of recurrent play, either- ROL is the only track to get measurable play on a weekly basis (and even then, thesedays it's just 15-20 spins a week on average).

That's why no one factor can go into gauging how a track fits into the grand scheme of Madonna's cannon- there's initial success, recurrent success and the all-mighty ACCLAIM. ;)

If "Rain" is lucky, it avaerages a spin a week in the USA. Too bad, as it's one of the best tracks on Erotica- but it seems everything associated with the album has been shut out of recurrent airplay. TUTBMP and IR get more play, with IR the only one that regularly gets spun 10+ times a week.

Then again, it's not like the Ray of Liht album gets a lot of recurrent play, either- ROL is the only track to get measurable play on a weekly basis (and even then, thesedays it's just 15-20 spins a week on average).

That's why no one factor can go into gauging how a track fits into the grand scheme of Madonna's cannon- there's initial success, recurrent success and the all-mighty ACCLAIM. ;)

That thud you just heard was HolidayGuy slipping into a gay chart coma.

the picture is 100% 90s madonna so what you on about?

FYI:

the cover is made of 2 pics....one (the hair) is from an 80's shoot & the other (the face) is

from 1990. so thats what im on about. k?

I just think that this looks less dated and it doesnt imply that the collection is

purely 80's tracks. thats all im saying.

ba2.jpg

It's not surprising that they'd put Miles Away on. A lot of record companies do that when a single flops, probably to give it more exposure. The worry is that Miles Away will take the place of a bigger hit.

In Britain, that would be every single she has ever released except Everybody! :blink:

As for "Rain", it's the only song on Erotica I have no time for. The video was great and UpDown Suite on the B side was aces but song itself leaves me cold.

Guest CELEBRATE

Exclusive Reports: More Celebration news

Here are some more M's Greatest Hits related news for our readers.

The remixes for the first single off the package, Celebration, are signed by Benny Benassi, Chris Lake, Felguk, Johnny Vicious and of course the producer of the original track Paul Oakenfold. As for the special guest of the video we mentioned a few days ago, we can now report it's the lovely Lourdes Leon herself. Madonna's daughter will make her debut in her mum's Celebration music video.

We have also been told that Warner and Madonna's camp are very happy with the positive buzz surrounding Celebration and planning the release of the second single off the GH. Revolver, the second new song contained in the new compilation, will be released as the second single sometime in September 2009.

MADONNATRIBE

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

If Miles Away is included, and Live To Tell is left off, that's fucking stupid.

As for Miles Away, being a hit in JAPAN doesn;t make it worthy of a career spanning GH. It's just one bloody place it was a hit in.

Exclusive Reports: More Celebration news

Here are some more M's Greatest Hits related news for our readers.

The remixes for the first single off the package, Celebration, are signed by Benny Benassi, Chris Lake, Felguk, Johnny Vicious and of course the producer of the original track Paul Oakenfold. As for the special guest of the video we mentioned a few days ago, we can now report it's the lovely Lourdes Leon herself. Madonna's daughter will make her debut in her mum's Celebration music video.

We have also been told that Warner and Madonna's camp are very happy with the positive buzz surrounding Celebration and planning the release of the second single off the GH. Revolver, the second new song contained in the new compilation, will be released as the second single sometime in September 2009.

MADONNATRIBE

Glad revolver is getting released but isn't sptember too early?

FYI:

the cover is made of 2 pics....one (the hair) is from an 80's shoot & the other (the face) is

from 1990. so thats what im on about. k?

I just think that this looks less dated and it doesnt imply that the collection is

purely 80's tracks. thats all im saying.

ba2.jpg

yes I am aware of that but I think the actual FACE (from the 1990s) is what is most striking rather than a few curls from 1986 or whenever the fuck it was :lmao: I do quite like your cropped version but you yourself seem like a bit of a wanker :lmao:

Glad revolver is getting released but isn't sptember too early?

Not uncommon to release a second single when the album drops. I guess it all depends on how successful "Celebration" is. They could push back the date of the release if "Celebration" is still doing very well.

However, It's obvious that "Revolver" will have a different sound. Therefore, it's quite possible they are hoping to lure in casual fans who enjoy this sound more than "Celebration".

And depending on the region (U.S.), if radio doesn't play the first single and help it succeed, they may want to use "Revolver" to help promote the Greatest Hits as well.

Great news about Lourdes being in the video and "Revolver" being released in September.

Which proves that "Celebration" WILL be released to iTunes in early August I believe.

I'd also think "Celebration" will be on iTunes within a couple of weeks after hitting radio.

That supposed tracklisting doesn't include LTT or MA, so we don't know what's what. If that were the tracklisting, it could change, too- GHV2 had a different order of tracks initially, and "You'll See" was on there (before DW/SFL kicked it out). ALso, STR had two or three different tracklistings before the final one.

If Miles Away is included, and Live To Tell is left off, that's fucking stupid.

As for Miles Away, being a hit in JAPAN doesn;t make it worthy of a career spanning GH. It's just one bloody place it was a hit in.

Agree!

But any tracklist including Miles Away for a Madonna career spanning GH just HAS TO BE A BAD JOKE!!

Live to Tell left off?? No it just has to be a joke... a bad rumored track list!

Agree!

But any tracklist including Miles Away for a Madonna career spanning GH just HAS TO BE A BAD JOKE!!

Live to Tell left off?? No it just has to be a joke... a bad rumored track list!

Didn;t Guy Ritchie say Live To Tell was his favorite M song??

She implied that she didn't like some of her songs because they weren't as good as others, then she refused to say which ones they were, then was asked specifically about several songs - she ignored the comment about TUTBMP, said that she liked Fever and gave a very specific reason why AP was not included on GHV2. Others are claiming that based on this, she dislikes TUTBMP and I'd say that based on the evidence, this is a more logical assumption than the one that she dislikes AP. As for WO's opinion of it, what does that have to do with Madonna's? Do you need to hear Madonna comment on each of her recordings to know whether she likes them or not?

Once again you are simply taking an assumption made by the way things were worded and are implying something, whereas I am merely stating the actual quotes. I couldn't care less what she thinks of the song.

Frankly, nine years after the fact, it was a big old fat mistake.

FACT: "American Pie" has no business on a Madonna career-spanning collection. No matter how successful it was worldwide, it's a cover of a song that was made largely popular by someone else, and her version has not gone on to be a classic.

Then again, nothing from the AL album should be on the album, either, outside of "Die Another Day."

FACT: "American Pie" has no business on a Madonna career-spanning collection. No matter how successful it was worldwide, it's a cover of a song that was made largely popular by someone else, and her version has not gone on to be a classic.

Then again, neither does anything on the AL album other than "Die Another Day."

The Jimmy Rad speaketh the TRUTH!

Then again, nothing from the AL album should be on the album, either, outside of "Die Another Day."

Are u dumb!?

American Pie was HUUUUGE in Europe.. not everything is the US u know!? It is still played on radios here and here not too many knew the original in the first place!

It was one of her biggest hits for the past 10 years and that's a fact!

I know it's a cover and all.. but she made it hers and it was huge

US is NOT the world!

Being one of her biggest worldwide hits for a whole decade.. obviously it should be included without discussion!

Um, no, I'm not dumb. I repeat, though- AP has NO place on this compilation.

The USA is not all of the world, that is true- but I'm confident in saying that its omission will not be be a problem for the majority of people.

Um, no, I'm not dumb. I repeat, though- AP has NO place on this compilation.

The USA is not all of the world, that is true- but I'm confident in saying that its omission will not be be a problem for the majority of people.

Ok.. u happen not to like it

but doesn't change the fact that it was Madonna's 3rd worldwide biggest hit in a whole decade (Music & HU were bigger I guess) and the regular people (not in the US - but elsewhere) will indeed find it weird if it won't be included... I mean she didn't have THAT many big hits during the past 10 years .. so your suggestion is to exclude one of the few big hits she had for a whole decade??

It's a shallow victory to have AP be one of her biggest hits because it ain't even her own damn song. And it's not like she remade a minor hit, she remade a fucking TIMELESS hit that EVERYONE adores. Automatically: her version = irrelevant.

Take that space and give it to a track that DESERVES it.