A "Celebration" Of Madonna Music

Guest Borderline

I think MTV articles are pretty accurate in their assessment of Madonna. Though, they are just speculation like the rest of the internet world that she's collaborated with LIL WAYNE. And even so, I think it's cool they actually say something positive about HARD CANDY.

As for "jumping on the bandwagon"... I find that quite silly since the beginning of her career, she's brought in people who were popular.... "Nile Rogers" and "Baby Face" anyone!!

how can she be jumping on the band wagon when she IS the band wagon? R&B/Dance is her roots. This new generation of MTV NEWS writers need to read up before they speak up.

Where is this info from? I asked a D/VJ I know about it and he said the part about it hitting the clubs today (the 24th) is a rumor.

in the official press release:

Several dance club remixes of “Celebration” are headed to the clubs on July 24th.

i assume "several" means we should hear more than the dub version we got

how can she be jumping on the band wagon when she IS the band wagon? R&B/Dance is her roots. This new generation of MTV NEWS writers need to read up before they speak up.

I didn't say she was jumping on the bandwagon. I was simply commenting on what MTV stated. I agree. She is the "bandwagon". Well said. ;)

Several dance club remixes of “Celebration” are headed to the clubs on July 24th.

Yeah the benny bansi one makes 2.

I didn't say she was jumping on the bandwagon. I was simply commenting on what MTV stated. I agree. She is the "bandwagon". Well said. ;)

LOL I know...I was just adding to your point...:) I just miss the days of MTV NEWS when Kurt Loder or people of credible music knowledge were reporting.

LOL I know...I was just adding to your point... :) I just miss the days of MTV NEWS when Kurt Loder or people of credible music knowledge were reporting.

Oh, I just missed the fact they played videos nearly around the clock. At least when they added original programing to their channel in the 80's, they releated it to music. For the life of me, I don't know how they can call themselves "Music Television" when a few hours out of the whole day they actually play videos. The same goes for Vh1. At least, if they were looking for original programing... make it MUSIC related. Mtv shouldn't have gone the reality route. The newer generation has no idea now what it was like when we had a channel that played videos around the clock (unless they pay an extra fee for the sister paid networks).

Oh, I just missed the fact they played videos nearly around the clock. At least when they added original programing to their channel in the 80's, they releated it to music. For the life of me, I don't know how they can call themselves "Music Television" when a few hours out of the whole day they actually play videos. The same goes for Vh1. At least, if they were looking for original programing... make it MUSIC related. Mtv shouldn't have gone the reality route. The newer generation has no idea now what it was like when we had a channel that played videos around the clock (unless they pay an extra fee for the sister paid networks).

Absolutely!

According 2 the WEA database the following titles r on 'sell hold'

GHV2

TRUE BLUE

THE IMMACULATE COLLECTION

SOMETHING TO REMEMBER

so TIC is NOT deleted..Ouf :fag:

YAY! I hope this means True Blue is in it... and the STR ballads may be in it too...

now what about the Who's That Girl Soundtrack? :demonic:

I have a feeling Paul Oakenfilled might do a remix besides the dub version. And I bet that there would be at least 2 other remixers on top of him and Bunny Banjo.

Guest Danny86

GHV2 is now deleted from US iTunes. TIC is still there.

I haven't seen any store removing TB or STR, but I guess it has to do with "Crazy For You" & "Live To Tell", and that probably TB is the only album that's gonna have more than 3 tracks featured on Celebration.

As for "sell hold" vs "deleted", well let's not forget that it's 2009 now and after Celebration ran its course (counting catalog too), that might be a couple of years and by then CDs will be out of fashion (at the very least, sales will be a LOT smaller) so what would be the point of TIC making a "comeback"? In the UK TIC had disappointing sales last year already even though there was a new album and a tour, I don't think it even re-entered the Top 200 this year... We can't know if CDs will be eradicated from stores altogether, but I wouldn't bet on TIC/GHV2 ever coming back, now that Warners clearly wanting Celebration to be the definitive Madonna compilation.

GHV2 AND TIC are deleted from UK iTunes. STR and YCD are still there though, as well as Gary Barlow's Open Road and the Otto Von Wernherr shyt. You can buy or rent her movies as well. :rotfl:

I think they should have deleted (or rather sell hold) TIC etc a while ago.. I guess they maybe did and that was the reason it had sold out during Jacko hysteria.

And yes, GHV2 should be deleted period. :thumbsdown: It's not an iconic classic for the ages like TIC.

Guest Danny86

Found on Fanzine, this is most likely NOT OFFICIAL, FAKE FAKE FAKE etc, but the tracklist seems to be very plausible to me, except "Cherish" & "TUTBMP" being replaced by "YMLM" and "Miles Away":

MADONNACELEBRATEREAROFFICIAL.jpg

Found on Fanzine, this is most likely NOT OFFICIAL, FAKE FAKE FAKE etc, but the tracklist seems to be very plausible to me, except "Cherish" & "TUTBMP" being replaced by "YMLM" and "Miles Away":

This seems very plausible. Really like this tracklist.

I think you could add on YMLM and Miles and still be able to squueze' them on.

I think I would chuck out Human Nature though and replace with Open Your Heart. That is the one thing I would change.

Guest Danny86
I think I would chuck out Human Nature though and replace with Open Your Heart. That is the one thing I would change.

Trust me, I would love that, but no way Madonna is going to sacrifice her precious "LEAVE BRITNEY ALONE" song. :dramatic:

Here is my ideal (fantasy land) tracklisting :dramatic: (or a slightly rejigged version of Mattress' :demonic:)

Disc One

1. Everybody

2. Holiday

3. Borderline

4. Lucky Star

5. Like A Virgin

6. Material Girl

7. Crazy For You

8. Into The Groove

9. Dress You Up

10. Live To Tell

11. Papa Don't Preach

12. True Blue

13. Open Your Heart

14. La Isla Bonita

15. Who's That Girl

16. Like A Prayer

17. Express Yourself

18. Cherish

19. Vogue

Disc Two

1. Justify My Love

2. This Used To Be My Playground

3. Erotica

4. Deeper And Deeper

5. I'll Remember

6. Secret

7. Take A Bow

8. You'll See

9. Frozen

10. Ray Of Light

11. Beautiful Stranger

12. Music

13. Don't Tell Me

14. Hung Up

15. Sorry

16. 4 Minutes

17. Celebration

18. Revolver

Obviously this is in chrono order to make it easier. I hope they don't do one disc ballads and one disc dance, that would be exhausting/tedious in one sitting - but since there's a one disc version, that now looks unlikely. A jumbled order could also theoretically mean they use both discs to maximum capacity, as playing about with order means you can do that easier.

I would have liked to have added Angel and Commotion, but since Everybody is on it, that looks a stretch. The bolded tracks are the most dispensable in the tracklisting and I wouldn't mind if they were cut. I'd love Lucky Star on there, but again with Everybody on it that now seems unlikley.

Surely "Everybody" will only be on the 2 disc version? The casual fans who buy the cheapo one disc version won't know that song.

And "Burning Up" is quite an important song in her canon come to think of it, since it was performed by Iggy along with ROL at her Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame induction.

Also, since TIC is "on hold", I guess JML could be going on there and it and Erotica won't cancel each other out. I hope other twin hits appear there.

in that thread someone just posted about its interesting that alot of people are saying they have started to appreciate Madonna more since wacko snuffed it.

Fake. Look at the spine. Someone did a horrible cut job with the logo that they took from the front cover.

Will people ever learn???

Guest bluejean
Here is my ideal (fantasy land) tracklisting :dramatic: (or a slightly rejigged version of Mattress' :demonic:)

Disc One

1. Everybody

2. Holiday

3. Borderline

4. Lucky Star

5. Like A Virgin

6. Material Girl

7. Crazy For You

8. Into The Groove

9. Dress You Up

10. Live To Tell

11. Papa Don't Preach

12. True Blue

13. Open Your Heart

14. La Isla Bonita

15. Who's That Girl

16. Like A Prayer

17. Express Yourself

18. Cherish

19. Vogue

Disc Two

1. Justify My Love

2. This Used To Be My Playground

3. Erotica

4. Deeper And Deeper

5. I'll Remember

6. Secret

7. Take A Bow

8. You'll See

9. Frozen

10. Ray Of Light

11. Beautiful Stranger

12. Music

13. Don't Tell Me

14. Hung Up

15. Sorry

16. 4 Minutes

17. Celebration

18. Revolver

Obviously this is in chrono order to make it easier. I hope they don't do one disc ballads and one disc dance, that would be exhausting/tedious in one sitting - but since there's a one disc version, that now looks unlikely. A jumbled order could also theoretically mean they use both discs to maximum capacity, as playing about with order means you can do that easier.

I would have liked to have added Angel and Commotion, but since Everybody is on it, that looks a stretch. The bolded tracks are the most dispensable in the tracklisting and I wouldn't mind if they were cut. I'd love Lucky Star on there, but again with Everybody on it that now seems unlikley.

Great tracklisting, it's almost the same as what I would pick. But it needs 'Die Another Day.'

This is what i came up with:

Disc 1:

Everybody

Holiday

Lucky Star

Borderline

Dress You Up

Like a Virgin

Material Girl

Into The Groove

Crazy For You

Live To Tell

Papa Don't Preach

Open Your Heart

La Isla Bonita

Who's That Girl

Like a Prayer

Express Yourself

Cherish

Vogue

Justify My Love

This Used To Be My Playground

Disc 2:

Erotica

Deeper and Deeper

I'll Remember

Secret

Human Nature

Take a Bow

You'll See

You Must Love Me

Frozen

Ray of Light

Beautiful Stranger

American Pie

Music

Don't Tell Me

Die Another Day

American Life

Hung Up

4 Minutes

Celebration

Revolver

American Pie was a big hit, but we all know that Madonna is not a fan of it. So, if it's not included, Give it 2 Me, Sorry, Bedtime Story, Rain, WIFLFAG, DCFMA, or even POG could be added in place. OR You could move TUTBMP over onto disc 2, and add in True Blue or Angel on disc 1.

^Why do people claim that Madonna's not a fan of American Pie? She was asked specifically why she didn't include it on GHV2 and she said that she was punishing it for allowing herself to be talked into including it on Music, but when questioned further, she added that this did not mean that she didn't like her version - she actually said that she did like it.